If DaBrick is there at #3, how much (if anything)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would NOT give up next year's first.

How about we swap 1sts, and give up a 2nd and a 3rd in 06, and a 2nd in 07?

Btw, I have NO idea how this would play out on the chart. I am just trying to have friendly Bills conversation here!  <_<

666040[/snapback]

I dont give up ANYTHING to move up we are fine at 8th if we want a solid LT, this draft is deep and we need players

My preference would be to trade away Nate Clements plus our first for their first. It's not clear how much longer the Bills can hold onto him anyway, so we may as well extract the trade value. Besides, this team could use a franchise LT such as Ferguson.

My preference would be to trade away Nate Clements plus our first for their first.  It's not clear how much longer the Bills can hold onto him anyway, so we may as well extract the trade value.  Besides, this team could use a franchise LT such as Ferguson.

666045[/snapback]

That Sir, is an interesting proposition!

Yeah Dean, I said it....the man came up with an original idea! ;)<_<:w00t:

It doesn't matter if Brick is there at #3 because the Titans won't be moving out of that spot. They'll take Leinart if he's still on the board and if not they'll take Young. If the Bills want to move up they'd have to go to the #2 spot although I don't think NO would want to drop all the way back to 8.

Even if the Titans were willing to move out of that spot I still wouldn't give up much to move up and take D'Brick. The Bills just have too many needs to be giving away 1st day picks. If Justice has his head on straight I think the kid could be just as good as D'Brick.

Btw, I have NO idea how this would play out on the chart. I am just trying to have friendly Bills conversation here!  <_<

666040[/snapback]

I don't know much about the charting, either. I think, however, that given the chances of hitting on 3 or 4 players that we'd have to give up to get one, I'd take my chances with the 3 or 4.

As we learned with Mike Williams, there's no sure thing picking that high. It's a crapshoot, but you never know when you're going to get an andre reed or thurman thomas.

My preference would be to trade away Nate Clements plus our first for their first.  It's not clear how much longer the Bills can hold onto him anyway, so we may as well extract the trade value.  Besides, this team could use a franchise LT such as Ferguson.

666045[/snapback]

If the Bills don't use some of that cap space on tying up Clements to a long term deal I'll be pissed. What exactly is the point of letting Moulds go if they're not going to use the saved cap space?

It doesn't matter if Brick is there at #3 because the Titans won't be moving out of that spot.  They'll take Leinart if he's still on the board and if not they'll take Young.  If the Bills want to move up they'd have to go to the #2 spot although I don't think NO would want to drop all the way back to 8.

Even if the Titans were willing to move out of that spot I still wouldn't give up much to move up and take D'Brick.  The Bills just have too many needs to be giving away 1st day picks.  If Justice has his head on straight I think the kid could be just as good as D'Brick.

666051[/snapback]

Point taken, but I created the #3 scenario because I cannot visualize the jests being stupid enough to pass him up if he is there, although stranger things truly have happened.

Point taken, but I created the #3 scenario because I cannot visualize the jests being stupid enough to pass him up if he is there, although stranger things truly have happened.

666057[/snapback]

I'm not a big "what if" guy but I was mad as hell last year when the Bills beat the Bengals...there would be no need to trade up to the #3 spot had they lost.

Don't do it. The Bills aren't "one player away" and would be better served trading down than up. The cap management implications of a top-5 pick are too dibilitating as well. Look at how MW's contract mess handcuffed the Bills this year.

Bill - I love DBrick but no way do I trade any picks from this year to move up. This is reportedly the best draft in years. No way do I trade up. Down maybe...but not up.

666049[/snapback]

What he said

There has never been an O-liner drafted that high who turned out to be worth it. 

PTR

666068[/snapback]

Very true Promo. Pace and Ogden sucked, and had very little to do with their football teams winning superbowls with suspect quarterbacks.

Walter Jones is another bag od siht.

Please, give us more insight. <_<

Very true Promo. Pace and Ogden sucked, and had very little to do with their football teams winning superbowls with suspect quarterbacks.

Walter Jones is another bag od siht.

Please, give us more insight.  <_<

666073[/snapback]

For the two you mentioned, there are 2-3 times as many guys who've failed to justify their top-5 selection. Pretty poor odds in a sport that places a premium on teamwork, scheme and coaching.

Interesting thought, but one thing you forget to address is why should the Bills trade up to get a player in Ferguson who will not be as good professionally as Winston Justice who will be their at 8.

In your scenario your wasting picks to get a good who will not be as good as a player we can have by just staying where we are.

If you comparable the measureables between Ferguson and Justice, and at the professional level its really all about the measureables, you find Justice superrior in every way to Ferguson.

In addition Justice comes from a passing conference and is more ready for the rigors of the professional passing game and Ferguson came from more of a college based offense at Virginia.

To me there is not even a thought about wasting resources to move up in this draft.

In fact if by some reason Ferguson slips to the Bills pick at 8, I'd select Justice anyways.

666040[/snapback]

There has never been an O-liner drafted that high who turned out to be worth it. 

PTR

666068[/snapback]

You wrote that just to get a response didn't you???

#4 1983 Chris Hinton 7 pro bowls

#2 1984 Dean Steinkuhler 5 pro bowls

#2 1995 Tony Boselli 5 pro bowls

#4 1996 Jonathan Ogden 9 pro bowls

#1 1997 Orlando Pace 7 pro bowls

The proposition is enticing but I think giving up our desperately needed 2nd and third round picks in this draft along with swapping 1sts would be far too high a price , and would cost us dearly in our attempts to better the entire team. As somebody else said, we are not one player away. Though Da'Brick seems like he's gonna be a very good player.

For the two you mentioned, there are 2-3 times as many guys who've failed to justify their top-5 selection.  Pretty poor odds in a sport that places a premium on teamwork, scheme and coaching.

666078[/snapback]

With all due respect, this is simply not true imo. In fact, I would guess that OTs have a higher success rate in the early first round than any other position, except for perhaps Guards

Check out how many of the OGs drafted in the 1st round have made it to the superbowl/playoffs! <_<

You wrote that just to get a response didn't you???

#4 1983 Chris Hinton 7 pro bowls

#2 1984 Dean Steinkuhler 5 pro bowls

#2 1995 Tony Boselli 5 pro bowls

#4 1996 Jonathan Ogden 9 pro bowls

#1 1997 Orlando Pace 7 pro bowls

666084[/snapback]

How about Chris Samuels? Did he make the probowl yet?