Eisenhower's son endorses Kerry

How dare he.

Doesn't Ike's son know that saying anything bad about GWB gives comfort to the enemy and does not support the troops.

Doesn't he know that a vote for Kerry is a vote for Osama bin Laden.

Sarcasm off.

P.S. Unfortunately, there are a lot of Republicans such as myself that are hugely disappointed with GWB.

I'll take good 'ole Zell thank you very much.

49433[/snapback]

You are better off sticking with John McCain rather than Zell Miller. McCain is credible. Miller is just plain . . . I better not say, he may want to duel me.

I'll take good 'ole Zell thank you very much.

49433[/snapback]

Just be sure to be on time for your noon duel next to the Reflecting Pool.

I rather prefer logical arguments to ad hom attacks, but in this case, I'll just save my breath and use my time productively and say that guy is an angry old coot.

Whoop-de-!@#$ing-do. 

By the way, did anyone hear that Woodrow Wilson's grand-nephew's mother-in-law's parakeet is endorsing Ralph Nader?  :D

49449[/snapback]

Actually, the parakeet is still undecided.

The debate committee wanted to have the parakeet in the audience of undecideds in St. Louis, but the Bush campaign nixed that idea because they were worried that the parakeet might ask far too challenging questions.

Say what you will about Zell, my point was that in getting someone from the other party to endorse your candidate for president I do believe that Senator Miller was / is much more effective than Eisenhower's son.

49465[/snapback]

In case you missed the news flash, there's a LOT of disaffected, alienated Republicans (myself included) who are not voting for Bush. Whether it's cast for Kerry in people who want Bush out of office or for a 3rd party candidate for people who simply want to send a subtle message and hope it gets through where others have failed.

And quite a few Rep. Senators have gotten vocal saying that Bush is running the war irresponsibly. In private, many more are prol'ly asking where Bush is taking the GOP. Myself, tho, I don't really care if someone has "Sen.", "Pres." or "The Rev." in front of their name. Blind idiocy comes in all shapes and forms.

By the way, how is married life going so far?

49492[/snapback]

Well...for starters, she's being a lot nicer to me. But I'm sure that won't last.

And yesterday was our 1-week anniversary. I forgot about it. "Oh, that's okay, dear...let me cook you dinner." I feel like I'm being set up for something big, like "My neice and her four kids are moving in with us..." :D

Well...for starters, she's being a lot nicer to me.  But I'm sure that won't last.

And yesterday was our 1-week anniversary.  I forgot about it.  "Oh, that's okay, dear...let me cook you dinner."  I feel like I'm being set up for something big, like  "My neice and her four kids are moving in with us..."   :D

49499[/snapback]

I can only speak for myself. I waited to get my ya yas out before I got married. I also did not want to get married until I met someone that I could really see myself living with for the rest of my life.

When I met that person, I went for the gusto and married her. I am a lucky guy and we have the greatest little boy in the world. That does not mean that my wife and I do not have our fair share of disagreements. We certainly do (I spend far too much time telling my wife that I am sorry for screwing up -- even when I am not quite sure what I did wrong). Yet, I would not want to be with anyone else.

Given the insight that you have displayed on this board (notwithstanding some of our disagreements), I am sure that you married well also. Enjoy it. Being with the person/people that you love puts everything else in perspective.

Whoop-de-!@#$ing-do. 

By the way, did anyone hear that Woodrow Wilson's grand-nephew's mother-in-law's parakeet is endorsing Ralph Nader?  :D

49449[/snapback]

I don't really care all that much who he is but I do find his argument to be sound.

Clinton tried to and largely succeeded in pulling the democratic party back to the middle. It is time now for the Republican party, which has now had its own radical phase, to move back to the middle. It is just a question of when the electorate will force them to do so. Their problem isn't that they are losing Eisenhower's son, it is that they may soon lose many, many republicans just like him.

I don't really care all that much who he is but I do find his argument to be sound. 

Clinton tried to and largely succeeded in pulling the democratic party back to the middle.  It is time now for the Republican party, which has now had its own radical phase, to move back to the middle.  It is just a question of when the electorate will force them to do so.  Their problem isn't that they are losing Eisenhower's son, it is that they may soon lose many, many republicans just like him.

49644[/snapback]

Well, if you want to actually pay attention to the ISSUES than the the fact that it's Eisenhower's son... :D

I find the arguments to be sound, as well. He fairly neatly encapsulates my feelings on Bush. But he doesn't on Kerry. Frankly, I don't see where Kerry is going to solve any of Bush's problems. And frankly, he doesn't explain such in his editorial (once again, someone presents the argument "Vote for Kerry, because he's not Bush!" Lots of people aren't Bush...doesn't mean they should be running the country.) Which is beside the point, really...but a digression I felt I had to make. Why haven't I yet seen an endorsement of Kerry on Kerry's merits, rather than Bush's weaknesses?

But as for your observation on the Republican party...yes, probably. If the Republican leadership wants to cater to the Pat Robertson crowd, they're going to lose a lot of moderates. But conversely, I see the Democratic party doing largely the same thing right now: catering to their more extreme elements at the expense of the moderates. This is not Bill Clinton's moderate Democratic party. The electorate's going to force both parties to adjust themselves eventually...just not soon enough for this abortion of an election year...

Well...for starters, she's being a lot nicer to me.  But I'm sure that won't last.

And yesterday was our 1-week anniversary.  I forgot about it.  "Oh, that's okay, dear...let me cook you dinner."  I feel like I'm being set up for something big, like  "My neice and her four kids are moving in with us..."  :D

49499[/snapback]

That thought must really have you flustered... You actually made a typo!

:blush::(

Hang in there, it couldn't be that bad?

:huh: