Flutie

Cole

The words Compete for the QB job never left my mouth, I was more meaning as a teacher to Losman and Nall, The Qbs we have brought in to teach (Matthews and Holcomb) have done what for thier careers, as least a person like flutie, could teach Losman on how to be a scrambling QB better than those two could

The guy is what 57 years old......Oh wait that would fit with this whole age thing wouldn't it. :rolleyes:

659751[/snapback]

I can hear the conversation between Doug, Ralph, and Marv in the car on the way to the Fieldhouse now.... it'd go a lil' somethin like this:

" A ONE... A TWOOO... A THREEEEEE... "

I can hear the conversation between Doug, Ralph, and Marv in the car on the way to the Fieldhouse now.... it'd go a lil' somethin like this:

" A ONE... A TWOOO... A THREEEEEE... "

660357[/snapback]

Yeah, bring back Flutie Flakes! My breakfast hasn't been complete since they took it off the market!

Did anyone else catch ESPN draft special yesterday. Merril "the concussion" Hoge said and I quote  "Kellen Clemens from Oregon was the best QB prospect in the draft, he has a better arm and qb intangables then any of the other QB's that are projected to get drafted in the first round." Salisbury looked at him like he had 3 heads. I think merril took one to many hits without the helmet on.

660026[/snapback]

He also said that not one of the top three QBs warranted a first round grade, except MAYBE Leinart at the end of the first round.

I assumed that had to be ESPN's script for creating controversy, but it was so outrageous the other guys on the show sort of blew him off like he didn't really just say that.

I doubt Flutie would want to play for the Bills again.  I sense that Flutie is bitter about his time with the Bills.

660117[/snapback]

That's funny I'm bitter about his time with the Bills, too. I think he's the #1 cause of the Bills' misfortunes over the past few years. I despise tha prick. (I actually liked it when we picked him up, too, Little did I know what a disruptive influence he would have and how selfish he was.)

As Charlie Murphy (smack!) Gavin says, Cocaine's a hell of a drug.

And he's not bitter about the 31 other franchises that let him languish in Canada for a decade.  Instead he's pissed at the one team that actually gave him a shot.  :P

660125[/snapback]

gave him a shot he helped get the team a playoff birth then WAM! Take a seat so Mr. Do-rag can play.

That's funny I'm bitter about his time with the Bills, too.  I think he's the #1 cause of the Bills' misfortunes over the past few years.  I despise tha prick.  (I actually liked it when we picked him up, too,  Little did I know what a disruptive influence he would have and how selfish he was.)

As Charlie Murphy (smack!) Gavin says, Cocaine's a hell of a drug.

660442[/snapback]

Ah yes selfish. The guy QBd our team to 10 wins and 2 playoff births only to have the starting job unceremoniously ripped away from him. His fault? Laughable. Lets start with the signing of RJ after ONE NFL start. Then lets move to well the TD era is just the TD era. Yeah that damned Flutie all he did was help our team rebound from a 1-3 start to finish 10-6 and make the playoffs, and that was with a suspect o-line and not even an average NFL RB. The disruptive influence was whoever made the call to switch from Doug to RJ.

gave him a shot he helped get the team a playoff birth then WAM! Take a seat so Mr. Do-rag can play.

Ah yes selfish. The guy QBd our team to 10 wins and 2 playoff births only to have the starting job unceremoniously ripped away from him. His fault? Laughable. Lets start with the signing of RJ after ONE NFL start. Then lets move to well the TD era is just the TD era. Yeah that damned Flutie all he did was help our team rebound from a 1-3 start to finish 10-6 and make the playoffs, and that was with a suspect o-line and not even an average NFL RB. The disruptive influence was whoever made the call to switch from Doug to RJ.

660783[/snapback]

Yes, he was disruptive due to his selfishness. He was a seasoned vet and could have easily ameliorated the situation. Instead, he fueled the fire.

Guest BackInDaDay
I ran into Flutie in a San Diego hotel during his first year with the Chargers.  I believe it was a media day luncheon.  I told him that the Bills should have kept him.  He sort of groaned and kept going on his way!  Whatever.

660142[/snapback]

You kneed him in the ribs.

Yes, he was disruptive due to his selfishness.  He was a seasoned vet and could have easily ameliorated the situation.  Instead, he fueled the fire.

660906[/snapback]

He was a veteran who helped keep the franchise afloat when the future looked dismal only to get completely disrespected by the organization. I'm not saying that RJ didn't need to get a shot, i mean he had to be thrown into the fire at some point, the organization blew 25 mill on him, but the timing was ridiculous, and I understand if Doug got a little pissed off when he got thrown under the bus for what? Winning football games? The benching of Flutie was where this franchise went south, not his reaction to getting screwed over.

He was a veteran who helped keep the franchise afloat when the future looked dismal only to get completely disrespected by the organization. I'm not saying that RJ didn't need to get a shot, i mean he had to be thrown into the fire at some point, the organization blew 25 mill on him, but the timing was ridiculous, and I understand if Doug got a little pissed off when he got thrown under the bus for what? Winning football games? The benching of Flutie was where this franchise went south, not his reaction to getting screwed over.

661000[/snapback]

Do you recall any of the football games that "Flutie won" before he got pulled for Tennessee? The team was winning games in spite of him, not because of him. If he was benched for Todd Collins or Bubby Brister it would have been justified.

I doubt Flutie would want to play for the Bills again.  I sense that Flutie is bitter about his time with the Bills.

660117[/snapback]

Flutie is bitter that he hasn't been named as the axis of the earth so that it can actually rotate around him.

There were countless stories that came out about Flutie's me first attitude....it's like he was shunned for so many years in the CFL that he decided that any return to the NFL would be just about him and recouping any of the money he failed to earn over the previous decade. You know that the paycheck is 95% of why he's even still in the league. He would have no interest in tutoring a young QB.

I liked flutie and it was painful to watch RJ who couldnt move and whenhe did scramble he would run out of bounds for a loss. RJ was a black era for the bills and i believe there was no reason to give him the ball yet. or ever