The Haloti Ngata Profile By Ourlads Scouts

Mark VI

Word for word..

Junior eligible. 3 year starter. Looks the part physically. Big thick body. Against USC, he made 1 tackle late in the game. G Fred Matua dominated him the whole game. His career is checkered with inconsistency. Slow twitch player. Turns his back on the spin move and loses the ball. No inside pressure when he's single blocked. Rarely makes a play. Gets tied up and neutralized. Gets his shoulders turned. Doesn't push the pocket with strength. Plays high. Questionable instincts. He must see the ball to go to it. Inconsistent to feel pressure. Loses feet in traffic. Will drop into zone blitz coverage. Leans on blockers. Questionable functional strength. Gets pinned by a single block. Stands on the line of scrimmage. Jogs in pursuit. Gets driven off the ball in goal line defense. Inconsistent to find pressure. Stops feet on contact. Can get driven back by a single base block because he plays high, not low. Takes too many plays off.

Batted down 6 kicks. Needs to improve his use of hands.Gets hung up on the blocker. Not an impressive pass rusher ( 3 sacks ). Needs technique work. Possibly a 2 gap run stuffer as a nose or 4-3 tackle. Questionable concentration with several offsides penalties. Durability and endurance are two big questions.

Um...yeah...

Next ! :P

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Word for word..

Junior eligible. 3 year starter. Looks the part physically. Big thick body. Against USC, he made 1 tackle late in the game. G Fred Matua dominated him the whole game. His career is checkered with inconsistency. Slow twitch player. Turns his back on the spin move and loses the ball. No inside pressure when he's single blocked. Rarely makes a play. Gets tied up and neutralized. Gets his shoulders turned. Doesn't push the pocket with strength. Plays high. Questionable instincts. He must see the ball to go to it. Inconsistent to feel pressure. Loses feet in traffic. Will drop into zone blitz coverage. Leans on blockers. Questionable functional strength. Gets pinned by a single block. Stands on the line of scrimmage. Jogs in pursuit. Gets driven off the ball in goal line defense. Inconsistent to find pressure. Stops feet on contact. Can get driven back by a single base block because he plays high, not low. Takes too many plays off.

Batted down 6 kicks. Needs to improve his use of hands.Gets hung up on the blocker. Not an impressive pass rusher ( 3 sacks ). Needs technique work. Possibly a 2 gap run stuffer as a nose or 4-3 tackle. Questionable concentration with several offsides penalties. Durability and endurance are two big questions.

Um...yeah...

Next !  :P

659348[/snapback]

Where are the positives and overall comments?

Wow.  I don't think I've ever seen a draft profile so negative before.  They really have nothing good to say about him.  He can't be THAT bad, can he?

659371[/snapback]

if you want a lard ass who needs to be motivated to play hard, then Ngata's your man. Frankly, i would have kept sam adams if thats what were looking for...

Wow.  I don't think I've ever seen a draft profile so negative before.  They really have nothing good to say about him.  He can't be THAT bad, can he?

659371[/snapback]

He's not. At least 95% of the other draft sites and experts dont seem to think so.

But still, I dont want to see him OR Bunkley taken with our first rounder.

He's not. At least 95% of the other draft sites and experts dont seem to think so.

I wonder how accurate Ourlands is compared with other draft reports/sites, in projecting how good a player will be? For example, what did they say about John Henderson or Richard Seymour versus Ernie Sims?

But still, I dont want to see him OR Bunkley taken with our first rounder.

As long as our 1st and 2nd rounder plays on the line, offensive or defensive, I'll be happy.

Well, he is bigger than I am, and it is a sport and a position where being big helps, so that is working in his favor. Just about everything else is working against him in my mind. If he exceeds expectations, great, more power to him, and he will join lots of low round picks who did exactly that. But no way we take him at #8, and our guys are smart enough to know that. We take the best football player available at #8 or trade down, and it is very very clear that Ngata is not going to be the best football player available at #8.

if you want a lard ass who needs to be motivated to play hard, then Ngata's your man. Frankly, i would have kept sam adams if thats what were looking for...

659373[/snapback]

What he said. I'd much rather have bunkley then ngata. I'd be willing to put money on it that bunkley makes more of an impact in the nfl.

it makes you wonder why he is considered a potential top 10 pick - no? Clearly, something is amiss.

659392[/snapback]

The old "Planet Theory". There are only so many guys on the planet that big who play football....yada,yada,yada...

it makes you wonder why he is considered a potential top 10 pick - no? Clearly, something is amiss.

659392[/snapback]

The old "Planet Theory". There are only so many guys on the planet that big who play football....yada,yada,yada...

659421[/snapback]

Or, Ourlads Scouts got a big payday from somebody picking at the #9-12 spot that want to scare off somebody picking around in the say #6-8 spot. :P

It's a well known fact that The Bills front office is a mere puppet to us - the fans. We got TD and a slew of coaches and players hired and fired. [/sarcasm]

Too bad none of us have really had a chance to see this kid in action. I'd feel better about him if there were stories about him going to Biker Bars and kicking over the line of choppers outside and having at it with the patrons of the joint. He's an underclassman. Sounds like Marv would have to make a quick determination if he's mature enough to play the nose. Maybe having JP around is a good thing. He could be a maturity barometer for Marv.

Anyway, can't say as I'd be ecstatic about it if he were "The Pick." He'd be an improvement over the status quo though.

This isn't an overwhelming statistical analysis breakdown but simply put I think a lot of people around here like ngata because he would be a smooth transition from the old guard of guys like ted washington, pat williams, sam adams,those big guys who keep bodies off lb's and are turned off by bunkley because he's not a wide body, and people are generally scared of change. They see a smaller dt and assume oh he must suck against the run. Thats just the sense I get. I'd rather go with the flow of todays nfl with quicker interior linemen. and Bunkley is strong enough and quick enough to play every dline position depending on the package where as ngata is strictly a nt. Give me the more versatile player who can hustle.

Word for word..

Um...yeah...

Next !  :P

659348[/snapback]

is this real????????????? even when i site or mock draft bashes a player they usually start with all the positives and then go to the negatives.this was all negative..

Looks the part physically. Big thick body. ....  .... . .. . . Will drop into zone blitz coverage. ....  Batted down 6 kicks..... Possibly a 2 gap run stuffer as a nose or 4-3 tackle.

659348[/snapback]

There, I edited all the negatives out. this should be much pleasant to read now...

Thanks for the info Mark VI!