The Haloti Ngata Profile By Ourlads Scouts

Mark VI

Word for word..

Junior eligible. 3 year starter. Looks the part physically. Big thick body. Against USC, he made 1 tackle late in the game. G Fred Matua dominated him the whole game. His career is checkered with inconsistency. Slow twitch player. Turns his back on the spin move and loses the ball. No inside pressure when he's single blocked. Rarely makes a play. Gets tied up and neutralized. Gets his shoulders turned. Doesn't push the pocket with strength. Plays high. Questionable instincts. He must see the ball to go to it. Inconsistent to feel pressure. Loses feet in traffic. Will drop into zone blitz coverage. Leans on blockers. Questionable functional strength. Gets pinned by a single block. Stands on the line of scrimmage. Jogs in pursuit. Gets driven off the ball in goal line defense. Inconsistent to find pressure. Stops feet on contact. Can get driven back by a single base block because he plays high, not low. Takes too many plays off.

Batted down 6 kicks. Needs to improve his use of hands.Gets hung up on the blocker. Not an impressive pass rusher ( 3 sacks ). Needs technique work. Possibly a 2 gap run stuffer as a nose or 4-3 tackle. Questionable concentration with several offsides penalties. Durability and endurance are two big questions.

Um...yeah...

Next !  :P

659348[/snapback]

Get'er Done Marv!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like the perfect Buffalo Bill to me.

659353[/snapback]

This is why we take Vernon Davis. He is a player that could potentially end up as a "greatest of all time" at his position. NGATA is nyetta in NewYorka.

We are taking football players with Marv on the seat.

Word for word..

Junior eligible. 3 year starter. Looks the part physically. Big thick body. Against USC, he made 1 tackle late in the game. G Fred Matua dominated him the whole game. His career is checkered with inconsistency. Slow twitch player. Turns his back on the spin move and loses the ball. No inside pressure when he's single blocked. Rarely makes a play. Gets tied up and neutralized. Gets his shoulders turned. Doesn't push the pocket with strength. Plays high. Questionable instincts. He must see the ball to go to it. Inconsistent to feel pressure. Loses feet in traffic. Will drop into zone blitz coverage. Leans on blockers. Questionable functional strength. Gets pinned by a single block. Stands on the line of scrimmage. Jogs in pursuit. Gets driven off the ball in goal line defense. Inconsistent to find pressure. Stops feet on contact. Can get driven back by a single base block because he plays high, not low. Takes too many plays off.

Batted down 6 kicks. Needs to improve his use of hands.Gets hung up on the blocker. Not an impressive pass rusher ( 3 sacks ). Needs technique work. Possibly a 2 gap run stuffer as a nose or 4-3 tackle. Questionable concentration with several offsides penalties. Durability and endurance are two big questions.

Um...yeah...

Next !  :P

659348[/snapback]

Damn! He sounds worse than Mike Williams. I don't understand why everyone is clamoring for him.

I wonder how accurate Ourlands is compared with other draft reports/sites, in projecting how good a player will be?  For example, what did they say about John Henderson or Richard Seymour versus Ernie Sims?

As long as our 1st and 2nd rounder plays on the line, offensive or defensive, I'll be happy.

659387[/snapback]

If you buy a Draft Guide at the newstand, there is a likelihood nobody in any NFL War Room has read it let along given it credibility. Ourlads on the other hand is in the hands of most teams come April 29th. The guys at Ourlads remain astute technicians of skill breakdowns from both film and the field, and their assessment of Ngata is enough to scare me off.

More from the Ourlads scouts

Ngata is your classic height,weight,speed bust waiting to happen....his own teammates voted him MVP???? If this makes sense you must put him up there because of measurables to keep your board right. Some team will draft him in the first round because they are afraid not to. Many coaches think they can mold a diamond out of a lump of coal. You will notice that Bunkley is our first D-Tackle projected to be drafted.

More from the Ourlads scouts

Ngata is your classic height,weight,speed bust waiting to happen....his own teammates voted him MVP???? If this makes sense you must put him up there because of measurables to keep your board right. Some team will draft him in the first round because they are afraid not to. Many coaches think they can mold a diamond out of a lump of coal. You will notice that Bunkley is our first D-Tackle projected to be drafted.

659710[/snapback]

:P Right on Ourlads right on!! :D

it looks like Ourlads and Bunkley's agent have spoken, and have created some sort of deal. :D

How do you say teammates voted him MVP, and then bash him?

The numbers don't lie he had 61 tackles as a senior, you can't run at him. I've seen Bunkley play and I've seen Ngata play, Ngata controls the line, he can hold off double teams. Bunkley can't. I've seen Bunkley pushed 5 yards down field by one blocker. Yes, Bunkley is quicker, but if you read that artical about Anderson, we need a nose guard, the 3 is the athlete (sadly Tripplett).

how does one have 6 blocked kicks without being a good athlete?

Many people sas the same things about Shaun Rogers coming out of college, yet he seems to have done well.

if Marv wants good people, it should be noted that Bunkley was arrested for stealing from Wal Mart in 2003.

GuessWhozBack21, i will take that bet. Bunkley vs Ngata.

it looks like Ourlads and Bunkley's agent have spoken, and have created some sort of deal.  :D

How do you say teammates voted him MVP, and then bash him? 

The numbers don't lie he had 61 tackles as a senior, you can't run at him.  I've seen Bunkley play and I've seen Ngata play, Ngata controls the line, he can hold off double teams.  Bunkley can't.  I've seen Bunkley pushed 5 yards down field by one blocker.  Yes, Bunkley is quicker, but if you read that artical about Anderson, we need a nose guard, the 3 is the athlete (sadly Tripplett).

how does one have 6 blocked kicks without being a good athlete? 

Many people sas the same things about Shaun Rogers coming out of college, yet he seems to have done well.

if Marv wants good people, it should be noted that Bunkley was arrested for stealing from Wal Mart in 2003.

GuessWhozBack21, i will take that bet.  Bunkley vs Ngata.

659716[/snapback]

I don't consider myself a Ngata fan or basher. I just want the Bills to get maximum value out of the picks they have. If we pass up a TE that can create mismatches for us offensively (Not important? See Antonio Gates, Heath Miller, Alge Crumpler, etc.) or someone who would upgrade our secondary TREMENDOUSLY, that person had better be the second coming. I just don't see that in Ngata.

You mention one game where Bunkley was knocked 5 yards off the line. I can recall one game where Ngata was completely shut down: the USC game. And no, not by Taitusi Latui, the 5th rated guard prospect in Ourlads' guide, but by his teammate Fred Matua, the 14th ranked prospect @ guard in their guide. Conclusion? One game doesn't define Bunkley.....or Ngata.

I don't consider myself a Ngata fan or basher.  I just want the Bills to get maximum value out of the picks they have.  If we pass up a TE that can create mismatches for us offensively (Not important?  See Antonio Gates, Heath Miller, Alge Crumpler, etc.) or someone who would upgrade our secondary TREMENDOUSLY, that person had better be the second coming.  I just don't see that in Ngata. 

You mention one game where Bunkley was knocked 5 yards off the line.  I can recall one game where Ngata was completely shut down:  the USC game.  And no, not by Taitusi Latui, the 5th rated guard prospect in Ourlads' guide, but by his teammate Fred Matua, the 14th ranked prospect @ guard in their guide.  Conclusion?  One game doesn't define Bunkley.....or Ngata.

659748[/snapback]

Well stated. You must get the best value possible out of that first pick, whether it's at #8 or lower in a possible trade down scenerio.

Many other solid contributers at positions of need can be selected througout the draft, where the $$ factor is less critical. This is a deep pool of talent, so toss the panic button to the roadside.

Plus TD is no longer here to trump everyone else in the War Room and make his niche picks. Lets see this entire draft play out before burning down the house.

Clearly, this is a profile of a late-round draft choice at all. I have not seen one mock draft that has him falling out of the first round, let alone out of the top-15.

Ourlads puts its creditability in question with this profile.

Clearly, this is a profile of a late-round draft choice at all. I have not seen one mock draft that has him falling out of the first round, let alone out of the top-15.

Ourlads puts its creditability in question with this profile.

659761[/snapback]

Ourlads has a combined 200 + years of NFL/college coaching and scouting experience on their small staff.

They are not websites by non-football virgin nobodys, posting from their moms basement.

They project him to be picked in the first round but do not need to follow the blind lemming manifesto of public opinion, in regards to talent. They can break down film and see a player for what he actually is.

Ourlads has a combined 200 + years of NFL/college coaching and scouting experience on their small staff.

They are not websites by non-football virgin nobodys, posting from their moms basement.

They project him to be picked in the first round but do not need to follow the blind lemming manifesto of public opinion, in regards to talent. They can break down film and see a player for what he actually is.

659768[/snapback]

I respect them for going out on a limb. I wish I knew what they had to say about Mike Williams when he was coming out of college.

I respect them for going out on a limb. I wish I knew what they had to say about Mike Williams when he was coming out of college.

659773[/snapback]

Ugh! Let's not go there again.

Please, Marv......say "no" to the "big dancing bear" type OL like Williams, Leonard Davis, and this year's version, Marcus McNeil.