Favre in Buffalo?

What does everyone think of the possibility that Favre maybe wants to be fired in Green Bay and go to team that might give him one last shot in January?  A team that has the supporting cast but is unsure of the quarterback position.  I think he'd love to stay in Green Bay if they had a team.  But they did nothing in the offseason, and that is why he keeps delaying his response if he is coming back or not.  He doesn't want to be the bad guy, he wants them to fire him.  Why not come to Buffalo then.  We've got the supporting cast.  What does everyone think?  Spread the rumor!

657654[/snapback]

Hooray for 30 INT's for Buffalo!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I Like it..Bring in Favre..trade Willis to Detroit for the rights to Barry Sanders...trade our #2 this year to the Giants for Mark Bavaro, and our #1 this year to Cincy for Anthony Munoz...what..wait..this isn't 1995...aww crap..scrap what I said..

657717[/snapback]

No--no, wait! If we clone Vince Lombardi I just KNOW Brett will come to Buffalo! THEN we go back to the early 20's grab a good drop-kicker and some of those cool leather helmets, lobby the NFL for Canadian Football Rules and make me General Manager and THEN win the Superbowl!

YES! I'm stoked!!! Get your season tix now, folks.

Question:  How much difference does calling one "Mister" instead of "Dude" make in a QB's performance?

Answer:  None, zero, zip, zilch, nada, nein.

Other than that, though, a thoroughly useless post.

Good job!

658246[/snapback]

Don't you think that it depends on who he is talking to?

If he is talking to a fellow rookie who has performed as poorly as he has, sure, say what you gotta say.

Otoh, if he was talking to Sam Adams, or another vet with probowl experience, perhaps he might want to use a less familiar tone.

I really do know that at the end of the day, it is mainly about on-field performance, but remember, JP's was in fact sub-par. JP is entering his 3rd season and now must fight an unknown and a career backup for a starting job. I don't fully blame him mind you, because he was stupidly just handed the job.

Either way, he needs to grow up and act like a professional. Playing like one would also be quite nice.

Don't you think that it depends on who he is talking to?

If he is talking to a fellow rookie who has performed as poorly as he has, sure, say what you gotta say.

Otoh, if he was talking to Sam Adams, or another vet with probowl experience, perhaps he might want to use a less familiar tone.

I really do know that at the end of the day, it is mainly about on-field performance, but remember, JP's was in fact sub-par. JP is entering his 3rd season and now must fight an unknown and a career backup for a starting job. I don't fully blame him mind you, because he was stupidly just handed the job.

Either way, he needs to grow up and act like a professional. Playing like one would also be quite nice.

658304[/snapback]

I don't think it matters at all, period. Play well, you're fine. Play poorly, all the "Misters" in the world won't help. You can be respectful while using the word "Dude" and disrespectful while saying "Mister".

What does everyone think of the possibility that Favre maybe wants to be fired in Green Bay and go to team that might give him one last shot in January?  A team that has the supporting cast but is unsure of the quarterback position.  I think he'd love to stay in Green Bay if they had a team.  But they did nothing in the offseason, and that is why he keeps delaying his response if he is coming back or not.  He doesn't want to be the bad guy, he wants them to fire him.  Why not come to Buffalo then.  We've got the supporting cast.  What does everyone think?  Spread the rumor!

657654[/snapback]

How about NO, I am so sick of "lets get the old QB he can still play". Let the old Dog stay home this time. Bring on the young kids and let them play.

I don't think it matters at all, period.  Play well, you're fine.  Play poorly, all the "Misters" in the world won't help.  You can be respectful while using the word "Dude" and disrespectful while saying "Mister".

658305[/snapback]

No, the real problem with JP wasnt his "dude" comments, but his haircut. :P

It is alright to dream of rosy scenarios for the Bills, but don't be surprised to receive constructive criticism about using it as the subject of your 1st post. On the bright side I found it fun to think about, but I can't escape that far from reality for long. Thanks for the pleasant momentary escape from reality though!

I personally would have gone with the "Tom Brady was named by NFL sources today as having failed the NFL substance policy" story.

While this definitely seems like something that would never happen, something interesting was said on NFL Total Access. They were talking about the possibly of Brett Farve playing for another team. Rod Woodson mentioned the Ravens. However, special guest Ricky Prohel mentioned, you guessed it, the Buffalo Bills. He feels that the Bills are a team on the rise with a good wrs like Evans and their QB situation has be holding them back for years. It also says something because he played against the Bills last year and we gave Carolina everything they could hand. Of course, we only scored 9 points. So apparently, the original poster isn't as crazy as everyone thinks if a 14 year old veteran thinks the same way. :P

While this definitely seems like something that would never happen, something interesting was said on NFL Total Access.  They were talking about the possibly of Brett Farve playing for another team.  Rod Woodson mentioned the Ravens.  However, special guest Ricky Prohel mentioned, you guessed it, the Buffalo Bills.  He feels that the Bills are a team on the rise with a good wrs like Evans and their QB situation has be holding them back for years.  It also says something because he played against the Bills last year and we gave Carolina everything they could hand.  Of course, we only scored 9 points.  So apparently, the original poster isn't as crazy as everyone thinks if a 14 year old veteran thinks the same way.  :P

659452[/snapback]

I just heard that too, on Sirius radio. I about pissed myself when I heard him suggest Favre going to the Bills. And he was dead serious about that.

I guess I did hear that correctly.

Wow!

No, the real problem with JP wasnt his "dude" comments, but his haircut.  :P

658828[/snapback]

Yup, it's the hair. Completing less then 50% of his passes, fumbling 7 times in 9 games, or 8 int's with only 8 TD's, and a 60 QB rating had nothing to do with it. :P