Favre in Buffalo?

What does everyone think of the possibility that Favre maybe wants to be fired in Green Bay and go to team that might give him one last shot in January? A team that has the supporting cast but is unsure of the quarterback position. I think he'd love to stay in Green Bay if they had a team. But they did nothing in the offseason, and that is why he keeps delaying his response if he is coming back or not. He doesn't want to be the bad guy, he wants them to fire him. Why not come to Buffalo then. We've got the supporting cast. What does everyone think? Spread the rumor!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does everyone think of the possibility that Favre maybe wants to be fired in Green Bay and go to team that might give him one last shot in January?  A team that has the supporting cast but is unsure of the quarterback position.  I think he'd love to stay in Green Bay if they had a team.  But they did nothing in the offseason, and that is why he keeps delaying his response if he is coming back or not.  He doesn't want to be the bad guy, he wants them to fire him.  Why not come to Buffalo then.  We've got the supporting cast.  What does everyone think?  Spread the rumor!

657654[/snapback]

My vote for worst 1st post ever!

I won't say worst post ever, atleast its different, its doesn't consist of Young being drafted by the bills.

Favre playing in Buffalo would not be a bad idea if we actually had the supporting cast that you say we have. We are not just one QB away from the SB. We are not just one QB away from the playoffs. QB should be one of the last positions on the list of upgrades just above running back and Special teams players.

Buffalo needs an oline and dline, a big target for the QB to throw to (Vernon Davis could help there), a safety to help the secondary (possibly Huff). When they fix those problems and are not in contention for a SB, then maybe we should look into a QB

I Like it..Bring in Favre..trade Willis to Detroit for the rights to Barry Sanders...trade our #2 this year to the Giants for Mark Bavaro, and our #1 this year to Cincy for Anthony Munoz...what..wait..this isn't 1995...aww crap..scrap what I said..

What does everyone think of the possibility that Favre maybe wants to be fired in Green Bay and go to team that might give him one last shot in January?  A team that has the supporting cast but is unsure of the quarterback position.  I think he'd love to stay in Green Bay if they had a team.  But they did nothing in the offseason, and that is why he keeps delaying his response if he is coming back or not.  He doesn't want to be the bad guy, he wants them to fire him.  Why not come to Buffalo then.  We've got the supporting cast.  What does everyone think?  Spread the rumor!

657654[/snapback]

Welcome aboard!

Well, it certainly would spice up the coming draft... ;)

take it light on the new guy . . where the !@#$ did you come up with that sh-- ?????? we got rid of drew and YOU want to bring in some old !@#$ over the hill not know when to hang it up !@#$ in to play behind a line that could not stop high school kids . ;):P welcome ,and bring beer and wine to the opener .

657654[/snapback]

You chose THAT for your first post? ;)

At least you put it here on Off The Wall. That was good thinking.

Welcome.

IF...I'll say it again...IF...Brett Farve decides to play one more season for another team, I would have to think Buffalo would be a good location. Maybe not so much for him, but for us. He might be the ONE guy losman can listen from and call Mr. Farve instead of Dude. One year behind Favre might do wonders for him.

Farve might consider it. Similar weather. Similar Towns. Fan base would love him.

But he wont play for a team other than Green Bay. He just wont.

IF...I'll say it again...IF...Brett Farve decides to play one more season for another team, I would have to think Buffalo would be a good location.  Maybe not so much for him, but for us.  He might be the ONE guy losman can listen from and call Mr. Farve instead of Dude.  One year behind Favre might do wonders for him. 

Farve might consider it.  Similar weather.  Similar Towns.  Fan base would love him. 

But he wont play for a team other than Green Bay.  He just wont.

658229[/snapback]

Question: How much difference does calling one "Mister" instead of "Dude" make in a QB's performance?

Answer: None, zero, zip, zilch, nada, nein.

Other than that, though, a thoroughly useless post.

Good job!

Question: How much difference does calling one "Mister" instead of "Dude" make in a QB's performance?

Answer: None, zero, zip, zilch, nada, nein.

Other than that, though, a thoroughly useless post.

Good job!

By last count I am still about 5,000 useless posts behind you.

It goes to the respect factor. It goes to professionalism. It shows a desire to listen and improve. I cant say JP isnt showing respect or being professional, but with Favre, this surely wouldnt even be a question.

By last count I am still about 5,000 useless posts behind you.

It goes to the respect factor.  It goes to professionalism.  It shows a desire to listen and improve.  I cant say JP isnt showing respect or being professional, but with Favre, this surely wouldnt even be a question.

658250[/snapback]

It's total BS, IMO. Much ado about nothing.

EDIT. Oh, Thanks for giving me credit for over 1,000 useful posts. I think that's probably a little high, though. :lol:

Edited by The Dean