Read between the lines

major

I have always said, always, that I would never move the team from Buffalo. Now with this new collective bargaining agreement, I’m hopeful that I can steadfastly adhere to what I’ve said, but I’m making no promises,” said Wilson.

This "no promises" line makes me wonder what Wilson is up to.

Is he telling us that he's going to move the team to LA if he doesn't get what he wants from the league? Or is he just trying to get the sympathy vote from the NFL powers that be? Or, is he ready to sell?

Whatever his motivation, his "no promises" makes me uneasy.

I have always said, always, that I would never move the team from Buffalo. Now with this new collective bargaining agreement, I’m hopeful that I can steadfastly adhere to what I’ve said, but I’m making no promises,” said Wilson.

This "no promises" line makes me wonder what Wilson is up to.

Is he telling us that he's going to move the team to LA if he doesn't get what he wants from the league? Or is he just trying to get the sympathy vote from the NFL powers that be? Or, is he ready to sell?

Whatever his motivation, his "no promises" makes me uneasy.

657298[/snapback]

Whatever. He could have moved anytime in the last 10 years. Although I think the league wants to hand-pick their L.A. owner. No Bidwells, Irsays, Bensons, or for that matter, Wilsons!

PTR

i think raplh will keep the team in buffalo but once he passes away the team will have to move with the new CBA the team will need money from somwhere and wont be part of revnue sharing and buffalo just doesnt have enough of it

i think raplh will keep the team in buffalo but once he passes away the team will have to move with the new CBA the team will need money from somwhere and wont be part of revnue sharing and buffalo just doesnt have enough of it

657347[/snapback]

Bingo.

The new CBA may exclude or penalize the Bills from revenue sharing NOW.

The new CBA will now count money - like tax money raised to mantain the stadium - as revenue. That money would have to be shared with the other cities.

On sale of the team, a new owner would not get revenue sharing for an undetermined period of time, and Buffalo ranks (I believe) 22nd in revenue.

Simple math says a new owner would have to find a new city.

Go to the TBD front page and read the news articles linked there.

Listen to Friday's press conference when Marv compared what is happening in the NFL to the MBL.

Whatever.  He could have moved anytime in the last 10 years. Although I think the league wants to hand-pick their L.A. owner.  No Bidwells, Irsays, Bensons, or for that matter, Wilsons! 

PTR

657306[/snapback]

Ideally the leageue will use the threat of moving to LA to extort new stadium deals for all teams that need them.

Then, the league will somehow create another expansion team to put in LA thus generating another $1 billion to share with the existing owners.

All Ralph has to do is make sure he dies in 2010 when there is zero estate tax.

657573[/snapback]

Let's hope it doesn't have to turn into a Terri Schiavo type situation where Dan Snyder's and Jerry Jones' NFL are playing the part of the husband.