PLEASE READ: We need to organize and strategize

Is anyone creating a web site (keepthebillsinbuffalo.com or something catchy) that provides an outlet for folks to get involved?

We really need to organize and take on this issue. We have been far too reactive and not proactive enough when it comes to the Buffalo Bills.

We need ONE official web site where fellow fans can go and find all the critical information and action steps to help keep the BILLS in BUFFALO.

For example, the site can contain address, email address, and phone information for:

-Important NFL HQ Names and Addresses

-The New Search Committee Member Names and Addresses

-Addresses to the large league owners (Kraft/Snyder/Jones, etc.) to send professional, non-threatening letters to these folks reminding them of the importance of the BILLS are to WNY/Southern Ontario

-Important Politicians who can help support our cause. (Pataki, new Gubernatorial candidates, US Senators (Schumer/Clinton), Congress (HIGGINS would be AWESOME spokesman for the little guy - he is doing great stuff right now in BUF), County Executive, Mayors, and even Canadian politicians.

We also need to provide direct links to the BILLS web site encouraging season ticket and individual ticket sales.

We could also start an on-line petition.

We also need to reach out to Buffalo Bills Backers Clubs in other cities and states around the world for support.

WE need all the support we can get. WE have the base - we have to show it.

But we have to organize. Any other ideas?

I'd be willing to take on the site creation - but I don't want to waste time if plans are under way.

I would also be willing to approach Lamar Advertising, Mighty Taco, the NFTA, Artvoice, Buffalo News, Rochester D&C and other media outlets for free advertising space and support.

Please advise and chime in.

Is anyone creating a web site (keepthebillsinbuffalo.com or something catchy) that provides an outlet for folks to get involved?

We really need to organize and take on this issue.  We have been far too reactive and not proactive enough when it comes to the Buffalo Bills.

We need ONE official web site where fellow fans can go and find all the critical information and action steps to help keep the BILLS in BUFFALO.

For example, the site can contain address, email address, and phone information for:

-The New Search Committee Member Names and Addresses

-Addresses to the large league owners (Kraft/Snyder/Jones, etc.) to send professional, non-threatening letters to these folks reminding them of the importance of the BILLS are to WNY/Southern Ontario

-Important Politicians who can help support our cause.  (Pataki, new Gubernatorial candidates, US Senators (Schumer/Clinton), Congress (HIGGINS would be AWESOME spokesman for the little guy - he is doing great stuff right now in BUF), County Executive, Mayors, and even Canadian politicians.

We also need to provide direct links to the BILLS web site encouraging season ticket and individual ticket sales.

We could also start an on-line petition.

We also need to reach out to Buffalo Bills Backers Clubs in other cities and states around the world for support.

WE need all the support we can get.  WE have the base - we have to show it.

But we have to organize.  Any other ideas?

I'd be willing to take on the site creation - but I don't want to waste time if plans are under way.

I would also be willing to approach Lamar Advertising, Mighty Taco, the NFTA, Artvoice, Buffalo News, Rochester D&C and other media outlets for free advertising space and support.

656476[/snapback]

great idea. The site could work as well as maybe one of those on-line petitions.

great idea. The site could work as well as maybe one of those on-line petitions.

656481[/snapback]

At least they are trying, you know? I'd love to see a website like that, I already wrote to Clinton and Schumer last night and I think a website to coordinate efforts would be a great idea.

Some people are content with just letting the Bills die, others arent. You got to start somewhere.

Here's a comprehensive list of things fans can do to keep the Bills in Buffalo.

1. Nothing

The decison is completely out of your hands. There is absolutely nothing you can do to offset the mountains of money to be made by moving to LA. Ralph Wilson is going to die, it's going to happen. Maybe not this year maybe not next but soon. Revenue sharing is dead, the big teams have spoken and the small teams don't have enough juice to influence the outcome. That became clear when the CBA was signed. Start getting used to it now. The NFL will prop up New Orleans because it looks bad to have them move and we'll be the ones in LA because noone who matters cares. Start getting used to it now.

Here's a comprehensive list of things fans can do to keep the Bills in Buffalo.

1. Nothing

The decison is completely out of your hands.  There is absolutely nothing you can do to offset the mountains of money to be made by moving to LA.  Ralph Wilson is going to die, it's going to happen.  Maybe not this year maybe not next but soon.  Revenue sharing is dead, the big teams have spoken and the small teams don't have enough juice to influence the outcome.  That became clear when the CBA was signed.  Start getting used to it now.  The NFL will prop up New Orleans because it looks bad to have them move and we'll be the ones in LA because noone who matters cares.  Start getting used to it now.

656600[/snapback]

that's bull sh--. if we sit back and do as you say - we will have our selves to blame.

there is no deal on the table for the Bills to LA - so, there is plenty to be done; both politically and strategically to keep the BILLS in Buffalo.

IF LA is so important - and if the NFL is willing to make concessions to New Orleans, a city that was devasted last year with more 3/4 of it's population displaced - A well organized, stragetic plan - that emphasizes on politics - the media - and hard work - will result in keeping the BILLS in Buffalo.

Glad you weren't around during the American Revolution and Civil War.

There is no done deal. The only done deal will be to keep the Bills in Buffalo.

656476[/snapback]

I think Stojan is in charge of getting catchy web site addresses.

656476[/snapback]

Good friggin' luck on this score. Easier to find out where Martin Borman and Howard Hughes were hiding.

No kidding. The guy who writes the uniform column for ESPN tried to find names, email address, a mailing address for Tags and the front office. Nothing.

As for the whole idea, you can spend your time, resources and money to do it, but just be aware that it will have ZERO effect when the league and owners want something, and the CBA made it clear that they don't want (or at least want to make it really tough for) small-market teams. Fans tried the same thing in Hartford for the Whalers....

Good friggin' luck on this score. Easier to find out where Martin Borman and Howard Hughes were hiding.

No kidding. The guy who writes the uniform column for ESPN tried to find names, email address, a mailing address for Tags and the front office. Nothing.

656633[/snapback]

NFL Offices...

http://www.yellowpages.com/sp/yellowpages/...equestid=113780

656476[/snapback]

Good luck with this one. <_<

Good friggin' luck on this score.

Easier to find out where Martin Borman and Howard Hughes were hiding.

656633[/snapback]

National Football League

280 Park Avenue

New York, NY 10017

Which names in particular?

what is silly about this notion is that it is a foregone conclusion that Buffalo fans will be pissed if the team is moved. Bitching and moaning to the NFL offices accomplishes nothing because it isn't really news that Buffalo will be pissed should this pass.

The only thing that would help change this is NATIONAL outrage, via the media, on what the new CBA means to some teams. Unless influential sportswriters and talk show hosts beat the drums, no letter writing, no phone calls, no protests will make a bit of difference.

The NFL needs a black eye, or the pulling of sponsorship money, to think twice here.

that's bull sh--.  if we sit back and do as you say - we will have our selves to blame.

there is no deal on the table for the Bills to LA - so, there is plenty to be done; both politically and strategically to keep the BILLS in Buffalo.

IF LA is so important - and if the NFL is willing to make concessions to New Orleans, a city that was devasted last year with more 3/4 of it's population displaced - A well organized, stragetic plan - that emphasizes on politics - the media - and hard work - will result in keeping the BILLS in Buffalo.

Glad you weren't around during the American Revolution and Civil War.

There is no done deal.  The only done deal will be to keep the Bills in Buffalo.

656605[/snapback]

Tell yourself whatever you have to. The only way to keep the BIlls in Buffalo is to fix the economy and make the area viable. B word to the politicians about THAT. Fix the tax situation. Create some jobs, stop hemmorhaging the population base of the area. They wouldn't be talking about any of this if the politicians (and the idiots who put them in office) had stood up and done something 10 years ago. The situation in Buffalo isn't new, DO SOMETHING! I grew up there and I decided well before I graduated high school that I couldn't live there because there's nowhere to work. I wasn't alone. Start changing the area, make the politicians stop fighting over their little feifdoms or get rid of them...all of them. Before the people of WNY do anything like that they have noone to blame but themselves for this problem. They have enabled the situation to continue through their continued political inaction.