The Vikings are sheduling a visit with QB Cutler.

Oh, I sure hope Cutler is still there when it's time for us to pick because Minnesota and Buffalo would make perfect trade partners.

Another note is that the Vikings are armed with an NFL-high five picks among the top 95 spots. We are right behind them. We sure are in great shape for this draft.

I guarantee that the Vikings will be trading up in this draft...and we are the perfect partners.

We give up the #8 pick so they can take Young or Cutler (one or both will still be there)

They give up #17 and #48 overall.

Our Draft Pick Value = 1400

Minnesota Draft Pick Value = 1370

If you REALLY want to get closer, we could get their 5th rounder too so it would be 1400 (us) to their 1401 value.

Pretty damn close if you ask me...I'd make that trade in a heart beat...and I think once the Draft begins, panic will take over Minnesota when they realize they have no shot at the top 3 QBs unless they trade up.

I guarantee that the Vikings will be trading up in this draft...and we are the perfect partners.

We give up the #8 pick so they can take Young or Cutler (one or both will still be there)

If you REALLY want to get closer, we could get their 5th rounder too so it would be 1400 (us) to their 1401 value.

Pretty damn close if you ask me...I'd make that trade in a heart beat...and I think once the Draft begins, panic will take over Minnesota when they realize they have no shot at the top 3 QBs unless they trade up.

655000[/snapback]

I like the idea of extra picks but moving down to 17 may not be a great idea?

If we stay at 8 we have a shot at players can start for us right now DT (Ngata or Bunkley), OT (Justice), SS (Huff), TE (Davis). We could (not saying should) grab the top CB or the top OG in the draft too.

Who are the possible players to take at 17 that could make an impact at DT or OT?

If we stay at 8 we have a shot at players can start for us right now DT (Ngata or Bunkley),  OT (Justice), SS (Huff), TE (Davis).  We could (not saying should) grab the top CB or the top OG in the draft too. 

Who are the possible players to take at 17 that could make an impact at DT or OT?

655010[/snapback]

Its honestly the price we'd have to pay. You're right, we'd lose out on the guys you see most mentioned as possible Bills selections, but there are still plenty of options in the middle of Round One to improve this team.

For OT, guys like Eric Winston and Marcus McNeil will still be on the board.

For DT, Gabe Watson and Claude Wroten

For Safety, Jason Allen, Donte Whitner, Daniel Bullocks, and Darnell Bing would all be there.

And for TE, Marcedes Lewis and Leonard Pope would still be around.

If we end up trading down, we miss out on an elite talent, but in this deep draft we'd get two very strong players in return. We are lucky that this draft is deep in the areas we need it, so trading down to stockpile picks and really boost the lines sounds like a good idea to me.

If we stay at 8 we have a shot at players can start for us right now DT (Ngata or Bunkley),  OT (Justice), SS (Huff), TE (Davis).  We could (not saying should) grab the top CB or the top OG in the draft too. 

655010[/snapback]

My initial raction is to agree with you. What is emotionally very difficult to get past is the BIG names at the top of the draft...I mean, who doesn't want one of them over the next lot of (lesser) names.

Surely however, it would come down to how much compensation we get for the trade down. It's a deep draft...could we pass up their #1,#2 & #3....what about their #1, #2 & #4?

In the end, what does it matter if we get a rookie who can play right now or one who takes a year to develop? Who hear thinks an impact rookie will be the diffence between a loosing team & a playoff team?

Its honestly the price we'd have to pay.  You're right, we'd lose out on the guys you see most mentioned as possible Bills selections, but there are still plenty of options in the middle of Round One to improve this team.

For Safety, Jason Allen, Donte Whitner, Daniel Bullocks, and Darnell Bing would all be there.

If we end up trading down, we miss out on an elite talent, but in this deep draft we'd get two very strong players in return.  We are lucky that this draft is deep in the areas we need it, so trading down to stockpile picks and really boost the lines sounds like a good idea to me.

655016[/snapback]

Um, yeah...what he said :)

-typing as you posted-- I totally agree :P

The New York Jets are scheduled to meet with Cutler in Nashville on April 16, and he is scheduled to visit the Detroit Lions, St. Louis Rams and Minnesota Vikings in the coming weeks. The Rams could also be an interesting partner. Bob in STL, do you live in St.Louis? If so, then maybe you could shed some light on their thinking. They have the #11 pick in the first rd and the #77 pick in the 3rd rd. On the value chart that's 1250 and 205 in points. Our #8 pick is worth 1400 points. They also have three 7th rd picks, two being compensatory picks. Would their 1st, 3rd and one of their 7th rd picks make a good deal? We would only have to slide down three picks in the first and if you want a DT, Bunkley may still be available. Would the Rams be a better partner for us?

Oh, I sure hope Cutler is still there when it's time for us to pick because Minnesota and Buffalo would make perfect trade partners.

654996[/snapback]

From what I've heard, Minnesota is also debating the option of trading their #17 pick to Atlanta for Matt Schaub. That deal straight up would be great for both sides.

655000[/snapback]

If you really want to get greedy with the Vikings draft picks, the value of their 17th, 48th, and 51st overall picks is roughly equivalent to our 8th overall pick and the 70th. That's four picks in the top 51.

My initial raction is to agree with you.  What is emotionally very difficult to get past is the BIG names at the top of the draft...I mean, who doesn't want one of them over the next lot of (lesser) names. 

Surely however, it would come down to how much compensation we get for the trade down.  It's a deep draft...could we pass up their #1,#2 & #3....what about their #1, #2 & #4?

In the end, what does it matter if we get a rookie who can play right now or one who takes a year to develop?  Who hear thinks an impact rookie will be the diffence between a loosing team & a playoff team?

655017[/snapback]

In the end the difference between a # 8 pick & #17 is the #8 will be a Pro bowl player for years to come (hopefully), while #17 will be very solidly average.

The New York Jets are scheduled to meet with Cutler in Nashville on April 16, and he is scheduled to visit the Detroit Lions, St. Louis Rams and Minnesota Vikings in the coming weeks. The Rams could also be an interesting partner. Bob in STL, do you live in St.Louis? If so, then maybe you could shed some light on their thinking. They have the #11 pick in the first rd and the #77 pick in the 3rd rd. On the value chart that's 1250 and 205 in points. Our #8 pick is worth 1400 points. They also have three 7th rd picks, two being compensatory picks. Would their 1st, 3rd and one of their 7th rd picks make a good deal? We would only have to slide down three picks in the first and if you want a DT, Bunkley may still be available. Would the Rams be a better partner for us?

655023[/snapback]

I have said all along that St Louis is our best trading partner. They are picking 11th and Baltimore is picking 13th. I believe that we cannot fall beneath Baltimore in the 1st round because the two teams share the same positional needs (i.e., offensive and defensive line help).

655000[/snapback]

All depends on the situation. If the quarterbacks are there and our pick that we want are gone, take the deal and get and extra pick in the second round. We can pick another offensive lineman with the 48th pick, maybe the guard from Georgia or Oklahoma.

I have said all along that St Louis is our best trading partner.  They are picking 11th and Baltimore is picking 13th.  I believe that we cannot fall beneath Baltimore in the 1st round because the two teams share the same positional needs (i.e., offensive and defensive line help).

655525[/snapback]

Absolutely. I live in Baltimore and check out the Ravens boards once in a while. They LOVE Ngata, and Justice is getting a lot of hype too.

655000[/snapback]

I agree...But remember if there is a QB involved the Bills can probably expect to get better that "Value Chart" compensation. The extra compensation would likely come with a 2007 Pick though...So it would look something like #8 for #17, #48, and a 2007 Pick... :P

It would seem pretty logical that if one of the QB's is there at #8 the Bills would trade down or even take the QB themselves. Staying there and taking a player whom you could probably get a little later when there are a couple of teams that would most likely want to trade up to get a QB is wasted value.

655010[/snapback]

Bunkley DT from FSU could be there at 17, Tamba Hali DE from Penn State will definately be there so will Kiwanuka from BC.

My question is who would we snag at #48 and is that player along with the 17th pick going to make a bigger impact this yr than if we draft any of the players you mentioned. I would stay at 8.

Its honestly the price we'd have to pay.  You're right, we'd lose out on the guys you see most mentioned as possible Bills selections, but there are still plenty of options in the middle of Round One to improve this team.

If we end up trading down, we miss out on an elite talent, but in this deep draft we'd get two very strong players in return.  We are lucky that this draft is deep in the areas we need it, so trading down to stockpile picks and really boost the lines sounds like a good idea to me.

655016[/snapback]

Why no mention of Tamba Hali? If he were there, I'd take him over those players.

Has anyone actually seen this Cutler play? is he worth all the hype he's getting or is he another Ryan Leaf?

655744[/snapback]

I saw a couple Games...At times he looked outstanding...Other times not so much...He's definitely Prototypical so-to-speak from a physical/abilities standpoint...

I really respect Mike Mayock of the NFL Network...He's to-the-point and thorough in his analysis. He has Cutler the #1 QB ahead of Young and Leinart...So there is some Talent behind the Hype...