One quick way to make team financially more viable

One way Ralph can quickly raise the financial viability of the Bills is to sell the naming rights to the stadium. I understand the reasoning early on to not sell out and name the Stadium Ralph Wilson Stadium. But it is becoming evident that it is going to be harder for our market to compete in this financial climate. Teams are getting millions of dollars yearly just for sticking a name on the side of a building. I dont know about you but I am certainly for changing the name of the stadium if it means keeping our beloved team here where it needs to be.

Just my 2 cents. What does everyone else think???

Another post on the naming right to RWS???? Is this the new moulds thread???

Like I said in the other one, I believe Erie county owns the stadium and named it Ralph Williams Stadium in honor of our teams owner. The Bills and Ralph Wilson do not own the stadium, they just Lease its use, and I am not sure they can get any type of money for the naming rights if they were to change its name

With the new CBA he has nochoice at this point. I don't care, it will always be Rich Stadium to me :rolleyes: Although I have gotten used to the Ralph, when it becomes M & T place I will still call it Rich or The Ralph.

One way Ralph can quickly raise the financial viability of the Bills is to sell the naming rights to the stadium. I understand the reasoning early on to not sell out and name the Stadium Ralph Wilson Stadium. But it is becoming evident that it is going to be harder for our market to compete in this financial climate. Teams are getting millions of dollars yearly just for sticking a name on the side of a building. I dont know about you but I am certainly for changing the name of the stadium if it means keeping our beloved team here where it needs to be.

653353[/snapback]

Why don't we just sell the naming rights to the stadium? It would be a quick way to raise come cash. I am suprised that nobody thought of this sooner and posted it on the board.

DING! DING! DING!

we have a winner!  :rolleyes:

653407[/snapback]

Ralph should hire a big Investment Banking firm and take the Bills public

keep 51% for himself and & family let the other 49% appreciate and be held

by the public & other institutions.

The other owners will hate it until the do the same and make billions from their IPO's.

Not an expert..just my 2 cents.

653353[/snapback]

I think reserving the naming rights for a more dire period is wise. Very wise. He could always call it "Paychex Field at Ralph Wilson Stadium" or something.

They should raise their parking fees!!!

:rolleyes:

653473[/snapback]

Don't be surprised if they raise it to $20.00 per car. I noticed KC Chiefs will include a $1 per ticket surcharge in the cost of game tickets this year, to help pay for the renovations at Arrow stadium.

653353[/snapback]

Look, if someone says to you that the Bills are not financially viable, feel free to tell that person that they simply do not understand the economics here or that if they do then they are simply lying.

The Bills are not now, nor have they ever been RELATIVELY as well to do as other NFL markets. This was the case when Ralph was forced to take the Buffalo franchise of the old AFL because a franchise in his hometwon of Detroit was not available. He settled for Buffalo over franchises in other markets as the better markets were already taken.

The RELATIVELY less viability of the Biffalo franchise was the case then and is the case now.

However, due to the cooperation fostered within the CBA, since its inception in the early 90s and more equitablle version recently agreed to, the Buffalo Bills and all NFL franchises are among the lowest risk most economically viable ownership opportunties in American business.

All NFL franchises are guaranteed by contract with the TV networks and though some long-lived and well tryed operations amd emormous income stream. Further, contractual aggreement with the primary cost (player salaries) with the NFLPA, and in the Bills case through a contract with Erie County which owns the costs of stadium ownership the liability stream is defined and controlled.

If you define economic viability in a relative fashion as whether the Bills can make more money elsewhere, the answer is yes. However, if one defines economic viability based on reality and whether the assets and income involved outpace liabilities, the Bills are clearly not simply a "going conern" but by any rational measure one of the most economically viable enterprises in the country.

Why don't we just sell the naming rights to the stadium? It would be a quick way to raise come cash. I am suprised that nobody thought of this sooner and posted it on the board.

653377[/snapback]

Ya know, after I posted a response I thought to myself, self, didn't you post a remark very similar to the one that I just posted? Sometime immediately after the cba was signed? But then I thought I wouldn't bring it up because I'm afraid Mile High might blast me or the original poster for being in a thread with a topic that was previously brought up.

Meh, I'm off to start a new EMO thread!