One quick way to make team financially more viable

How much do you think naming rights will bring in?  I say maybe $2M at most a year.

653533[/snapback]

Instead of selling the naming rights for cash, the Bills should use the naming rights as a recruiting tool.

I'm sure the Bills had a shot some top OL talent if part of teh package would have included "Steve Hutchinson Stadium" for a year. :lol:

Hopefully it will soon be Paychex Stadium

Instead of selling the naming rights for cash, the Bills should use the naming rights as a recruiting tool.

I'm sure the Bills had a shot some top OL talent if part of teh package would have included "Steve Hutchinson Stadium" for a year.  :lol:

653846[/snapback]

Ralph should hire a big Investment Banking firm and take the Bills public

keep 51% for himself and & family let the other 49% appreciate and be held

by the public & other institutions.

The other owners will hate it until the do the same and make billions from their IPO's.

Not an expert..just my 2 cents.

653443[/snapback]

Can't happen - the league doesn't allow publically owned teams. The Packers are grandfathered in.

CW

The revenue from naming rights is just a drop in the bucket.  Next...

653762[/snapback]

Well yes it is just a drop. But the way I understand or actually don't understand the new cba, if the team doesn't do the utmost it can to generate revenue, they would be entitled to less of they may be able to get from the revenue sharing pool.

So it does matter.

As a rule, Ralph SHOULD have to sell the naming rights.  However the point is that doing-so wouldn't make the Bills "financially viable."

654228[/snapback]

Due to the CBA and the promise it brings for the continuation of labor peace ALL NFL teams are financially viable. They have a contractually guaranteed revenue stream, and capped major costs in terms of worker salaries.

What Ralph may mean is that he worries the new owner of the team will pursue his right under the American system to move the team from WNY to a territory where the franchise can rake even more money.

Could be, but there will be a lot of factors arrayed to prevent such a move from occuring ranging from an ownership pot becoming available from a locally based owner team led by Golisano to a political battle using the model that Cleveland used to save the Browns as a local franchise.

While it is far from a done deal that the absoulute finacial viability of a buffalo Bills franchose would trump the relative higher viability of a moved franchise action can be taken ranging from a good fight when Ralph moves to a better world to if he wanted to Ralph could aggree to various contracts which would bind the Bulls here, but he does not likely want to do that as it would lower the value of the Bills as an asset.

What seems to be most likely to me is that by sounding the alarm and through his negative vote against the CBA extension and plaintive whines against a CBA that clearly benefits the NFL and will deliver him even more wealth, is that Ralph is putting himself in great position to get the next governor and NYS to commit to delivering him huge corporate welfare payments to the Bills (most likely in the form of a new stadium).

While i dod not think this would be fair at all, i certainly support him doing this ripoff of NYS taxpayers as it is my football team and also Buffalo if the new stadium is bult on the waterfront which benefit from getting this corporate welfare from NYS.

.........While i dod not think this would be fair at all, i certainly support him doing this ripoff of NYS taxpayers as it is my football team and also Buffalo if the new stadium is bult on the waterfront which benefit from getting this corporate welfare from NYS.

654717[/snapback]

Yesterday Polian was interviewed about the CBA on WGR and his thought was that teams like Indy and Buffalo will have a hard time if they do not sell out. The business community in these two cities do everything they can, but they cannot compete with the Fortune 500's in other cities.

In the end, the only hope for the Bills is that the State of NY, and Erie county will do what is right. They will lower tax rates including sales tax. They will fight to bring new business to the region and they will subsidize any business that relocates to the area through tax breaks.