A fifth?

Better than a sharp stick in the eye....but not much.

It's disappointing that ML bowed to Casserly.

Oh well as Bill in NYC pointed out it's two big numbers off the books for '07. But a fifth is very disappointing to me.

652289[/snapback]

I agree, T. Moulds and his fugging "advisor" got what they wanted, the Texans got what they wanted (at their price), and the Bills...well, they make the concession and settle for less than their asking price. Would Houston draft a receiver in the fifth and pay him what they're paying Moulds? Hell no. Plus, he's a seasoned vet, ready to step in and take the load off of Andre Johnson. If the Bills were settling for a fifth, it should have come with a swap of fourths.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Not only are we getting little in exchange for Moulds in trade, but the negotiations seem to be going in the wrong direction (what started as a 4th for Moulds is now rumored to be a fifth).

I know some folks are maintaining that his contract cost lessens his trade value, and though I thought they misread the market because it was obvious he would need to rework his contract with his new team, I will be mondo disappointed if all we get for him is a second day pick.

Even if the was actually all the market allowed, Marv is foolish if he takes this offer at this point rather than holding out until closer to the draft to see what some other team might offer.

All I can say is that the press reports had simply better be wron (it wouldn;t be the first time) and that the odd hold up is because there is some odd new dealneing checked out by the league and with other players which is why this deal ain;t been officially announced.

My personal fantasy favorite is that the Texans are throwing in another WR which would explain why they are waiting as another player needs to be informed and some negotiating with the Bills is taking place (Corey Bradford anyone?) Or maybe there is some sort of additional contingency of a 2007 picj being added to the deal as a contingency should Moulds perform well for the Texans.

At any rate the market should yield more than a 5th tis year, or if not Marv should be holding off and looking for other offers.

I don't want to burst anybody's bubble but I surfed Houston's messageboard and some of these idiots are saying that one of their local newsman on channel 13 is reporting that it's a 6th rd pick that they traded for Moulds. I definitely don't believe that and there are conflicting reports as well on their messageboard as in what they traded. Furthermore, they can't trade Bradford, he's a Detroit Lion.

I don't want to burst anybody's bubble but I surfed Houston's messageboard and some of these idiots are saying that one of their local newsman on channel 13 is reporting that it's a 6th rd pick that they traded for Moulds. I definitely don't believe that and there are conflicting reports as well on their messageboard as in what they traded. Furthermore, they can't trade Bradford, he's a Detroit Lion.

652616[/snapback]

Oh man, I almost hope we DID get a 6th rounder just to watch The Wall explode

If it's a 6th round pick, we got robbed.  I will be even more embarassed to wear my Bill's jersey!

652627[/snapback]

Maybe you should put a paper bag on your head, then no one will recognize you. :angry:

The law of averages, I suppose. We received a 3rd for Henry due to his youth, recent production and the fact other teams wanted him outside of the Titans. He also came with a cheap contract. That wound up being a steal, since Henry struggles with substance abuse and may never be the starter the Titans envisioned.

A 33 year old WR with obvious declining skils, who had no other suitors outside of the Texans, left us with little leverage. Moulds is a shadow of his former self.

If no one else shows any interest in matching those contract terms ( which were very high for Moulds ) then I suppose we should be pleased we got anything for him. Calling Marv weak or dumb in this case isn't justified. That big contract and his age scared off other teams. Most people in the NFL and the press were convinced he would be cut.

Plus he's not in our division. Meshawn Johnson got cut and probably was worth more than Moulds. Carolina got him for free.

Let's keep things in perspective.

got this off a kffl message board thought it was interesting stat

Interesting Eric Moulds stat: He's the only receiver to rank in the top 25 in catches that has never won a playoff game. He's also the only receiver to rank in the top 34 in receiving yards that has never won a playoff game.

Others in the top 50 in receptions to never taste playoff success:

Tony Gonzalez (30th, still has some chances)

Johnnie Morton (37th)

Brian Blades (50th)

Others in the top 50 in receiving yards to never taste playoff success:

Johnnie Morton (46th)

Joey Galloway (50th, I think this might change soon)

Now I know it suggests more of the quality of teams he's been on than how he's played, but it's still an eyesore on his resume. And now he's going to Houston, a team that hasn't even won 8 games yet. He could go down in the record books for this. Probably finish top 20 in yards and catches when he's done playing, but never won a single playoff game...

Better than a sharp stick in the eye....but not much.

It's disappointing that ML bowed to Casserly.

Oh well as Bill in NYC pointed out it's two big numbers off the books for '07. But a fifth is very disappointing to me.

652289[/snapback]

Perfectly stated.

Just think about it this way... we got more for Moulds than we did for Bledsoe, Sam Adams, and Antoine Winfield combined.

At least #5 is something. I was hoping for #4 though.

But... a #5 from the Texans is basically a #4 from any good team like the Eagles.

Just think about it this way... we got more for Moulds than we did for Bledsoe, Sam Adams, and Antoine Winfield combined.

At least #5 is something.  I was hoping for #4 though.

But... a #5 from the Texans is basically a #4 from any good team like the Eagles.

652707[/snapback]

Not sure that's true. I believe we got a supplimental pick for losing Winfield.

At least #5 is something.  I was hoping for #4 though.

652707[/snapback]

You did know the beagles weren't good last year right? It's still the top half of the round. So a 5th from houston is not like a 4th.