A fifth?

I think this just all shows a little more clearly what Moulds' value is/was. You have to think his agent/advisor shopped him around to everyone. Who was interested? A whole lot of nobody. And the few that were interested weren't jumping up and down and offering the world to get him.

The only serious team was one of the worst teams in the league, I dare say a team that is certainly as bad as the Bills (if not a shy bit worse). And what were they offering, not much.

In the end, Moulds didn't want to be here anymore - he made that painfully obvious. He thought he was the second coming of TO and could cash in big time on the market. Ultimately, I'd imagine Moulds is feeling pretty bad about himself right now. He tested the market and all he was worth was a 5th round pick and a pay cut (although it's probably more than what the Bills wanted to restructure to).

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So it's done - I think - I won't really be sure until the Bills announce it. I thought we should have gotten more for EM, but virtually every sportswriter said we'd just release him back in February. Most on this board said it would be impossible to trade him for anything. At least we got something in return, and kept him out of the AFC East, while freeing up cap room and eliminating what was starting to be a locker room distraction. It's a good time to look forward, I think. Maybe get VD in round one, Ryan O'Callaghan in the 2nd, load up on defense in the 3rd/4th rounds, Kevin Boothe in the 5th...I'm looking forward to April 29th.

Ultimately, I'd imagine Moulds is feeling pretty bad about himself right now.  He tested the market and all he was worth was a 5th round pick and a pay cut (although it's probably more than what the Bills wanted to restructure to).

652768[/snapback]

Exactly what I was thinking. The only consolation for him might be the fact that he wanted out and did get out for no financial loss, probably some gain.