J.P. Losman

Guest dog14787

Guest dog14787

:w00t:

Most of the people I talk to seem to favor Losman taking over the reins as the starting QB. I say most , not all , some are questioning his leadership abilities.

Almost everyone I talk to does agree on one thing, losman should not have been pulled last year in favor of Holcomb. It did nothing for losman, and it did nothing for the team.

Although, lol, given the shape of our offensive line it did keep the kid nice and healthy sitting on the bench as a bench warmer half the year.

In my opinion you have to earn your role as a leader, its not given to you because your the starting QB. That takes time, experience and confidence. Something now, thanks to last years blunder, the kid has very little of.

I have noticed Losman supporters are laying low. The kid needs all the fan support he can get . So maybe we can atleast help him in the confidence department. :w00t:

Most of the people I talk to seem to favor Losman taking over the reins as the starting QB. I say most , not all , some are questioning his leadership abilities.

Almost everyone I talk to does agree on one thing,  losman should not have been pulled last year in favor of Holcomb. It did nothing for losman, and it did nothing for the team.

Although,  lol,  given the shape of our offensive line it did keep the kid nice and healthy sitting on the bench as a bench warmer half the year.

In my opinion you have to earn your role as a leader, its not given to you because your the starting QB. That takes time, experience and confidence. Something now, thanks to last years blunder, the kid has very little of.

I have noticed Losman supporters are laying low. The kid needs all the fan support he can get . So maybe we can atleast help him in the confidence department. :lol:

651297[/snapback]

Well then .. its all settled. Call Marv and Jauron and give them the good news!

Guest dog14787
So yesterday Losman looked like a douche bag on some telethon and today he has the support of dog14787 buddies. This is riveting...

651335[/snapback]

He should have prepared better for the telethon, game plan was all wrong,

COME ON GIMME A BREAK

GET REAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How 'bout we stop worrying about how the kid looks in the public eye and just let the damn thing play out without shoving unfounded opinions down each other's throat 20 times a day.

651365[/snapback]

but he seems to play as well as he looks lol :w00t:

No doubt last year was a train wreck in terms of Losman's development.

While it is fair to criticize the coaching staff for their outrageous arrogance, indecisiveness, and plain stupidity, one also needs to blame the "Genius" behind the curtain who was pulling all the strings on these puppets. Losman wasn't close to being ready and dumping Bledsoe was supremely stupid and arrogant. The talking heads on ESPN can defend their homeboy to the ends of the world, but the fact is I don't see any of the other 31 NFL teams doing backflips and engaged in bidding wars to land the mighty "Genius".

How 'bout we stop worrying about how the kid looks in the public eye and just let the damn thing play out without shoving unfounded opinions down each other's throat 20 times a day.

651365[/snapback]

AMEN, we are not only kicking but beating a dead horse. The redundancy is kiling me.

No doubt last year was a train wreck in terms of Losman's development.

While it is fair to criticize the coaching staff for their outrageous arrogance, indecisiveness, and plain stupidity, one also needs to blame the "Genius" behind the curtain who was pulling all the strings on these puppets.  Losman wasn't close to being ready and dumping Bledsoe was supremely stupid and arrogant.  The talking heads on ESPN can defend their homeboy to the ends of the world, but the fact is I don't see any of the other 31 NFL teams doing backflips and engaged in bidding wars to land the mighty "Genius".

651411[/snapback]

JP was thrown under the bus by Mularkey when MM (at the time) wanted to save his job with the Bills. It was unconscionable to remove him against the Bucs. The message sent to him was terrible. JP has not been given a real chance to prove is he can play or if he is a bust. I have no problem with Holcomb stepping in last year when JP was injured, but JP needs to be able to learn the way many others, both good (Manning, McNair, Elway) and bad (McNown, Couch, Akili Smith) have to see if he can play. However, Holcomb is not the long term answer. It's fine that JP has competition in camp and if Nall legitimately beats JP out for the job, then good for Nall, he should be the #1. But let's not go for 7 wins instead of 4 or 5 by starting Holcomb, when we're not sure what we have in JP.

I think his mobility is a tremendous asset. Now let's see if he can consistently move the chains.

:)

Almost everyone I talk to does agree on one thing,  losman should not have been pulled last year in favor of Holcomb. It did nothing for losman, and it did nothing for the team.

651297[/snapback]

IMHO ....... JP's "leadership (or lack thereof) issue" is a moot point ...... given playing time, and assuming an increase in performance, leadership will improve. Afterall, JP was basically a rookie that was handed the starting job sans any type of competition ......... not exactly a leadership instilling situation. I for one do not question his leadership abilities ........... his accuracy is in grave doubt ...... but not leadership.

Also IMHO ......... (and I know you didn't talk to me) I think Losman SHOULD have been benched, he was stinkin' up the joint, and needed time to sit back ..... take a breather ....... and THINK a bit about what it takes to perform as a starting QB ...... you must admit he played a bit better his second time around. As far as his second benching ........ I'm not sure what the heck that was all about ..... injury?????? .......... sinking coaching staff trying to get an extra 1 or 2 wins to save their job????? ......... I don't know.

IMHO ....... JP's "leadership (or lack thereof) issue" is a moot point ...... given playing time, and assuming an increase in performance, leadership will improve. Afterall, JP was basically a rookie that was handed the starting job sans any type of competition ......... not exactly a leadership instilling situation. I for one do not question his leadership abilities ........... his accuracy is in grave doubt ...... but not leadership.

Also IMHO ......... (and I know you didn't talk to me) I think Losman SHOULD have been benched, he was stinkin' up the joint, and needed time to sit back ..... take a breather ....... and THINK a bit about what it takes to perform as a starting QB ...... you must admit he played a bit better his second time around. As far as his second benching ........ I'm not sure what the heck that was all about ..... injury?????? .......... sinking coaching staff trying to get an extra 1 or 2 wins to save their job????? ......... I don't know.

652026[/snapback]

The biggest problem I had with benching JP (from starting the game) the first time was that it was done at a time we were about to play what, at that time (before Miami got good the 2nd half of the season) were the two easiest games on our entire schedule. So Holcomb wins those 2, proving nothing, and now we had to wait until Holcomb got injured until JP can return. Now after JP is thrown to the wolves without Moulds and gets hurt, Mularkey benches him for the rest of the season without any regard to the future of the team. After the Cincy game, the best thing that could happen did-Holcomb stunk up the joint in the Jets loss and Marv came in knowing Holcomb is nothing but a backup. Any positive feeling Marv had towards Holcomb disappeared with the Jets game-I got this impression listening to Marv talk after the Jets game on WGR, before he was named GM.

The battle for starting QB is between Nall & Losman. These guys would both have to outright stink in order for Holcomb to merge as the starting QB. If Holcomb wins the job, Marv will be drafting a QB in the first round in 2007 or pulling off a major trade for QB for 2007. Marv knows we're going nowhere with Holcomb-the Jets loss in the season finale proved this to Marv.