Bald Eagles are everywhere

Good read? Can't tell you how many times I've almost snagged that book off the 'local interest' shelf at the bookstore... maybe next time I'll hang onto it.

Speaking of locals, ever chat with Mason Winfield? Fascinating, although his books make me want to sleep with the lights on...

650185[/snapback]

You know I haven't, even though I have sat at table with the guy more than once.

I do intend to though. I am told it is very good.

I have read part of Winfield's stuff, but not really my kind of thing but interesting for the local color.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bald Eagles have returned to the Allegheny River Valley, I saw one two days ago, and a separate one this morning.  :lol:

It is nice to see they are making a comback.

Who else has seen them and where?

649964[/snapback]

Aren't you the same guy who is seeing coyotes too? Where the hell do you live? A zoo?

Aren't you the same guy who is seeing coyotes too? Where the hell do you live? A zoo?

650233[/snapback]

I live in a van down by the river. Have you seen an eagle or not? Been around awhile I see...

Damn environmentalists!

Actually, I only clicked on this thread because I thought it was going to be a "dirty thread" and "bald eagle" was some sort of new euphemism. Silly me.

650233[/snapback]

Ever been north of I-80? There's critters up in this neck of the woods...

I live right on the Allegheny and a couple years ago one took up residence just downriver from my house. Every once in a while I'll see him cruising up and down teh river when I'm sitting out on the porch.

Bald Eagles have returned to the Allegheny River Valley, I saw one two days ago, and a separate one this morning.  :lol:

649964[/snapback]

There is a nesting pair near Conesus Lake in NY ( 20 miles south of Rochester) I've seen them once or twice a year for the last 3 years or so.

They estimate about 400 or so in my local area alone.

http://fredericksburg.com/News/FLS/2006/02...02142006/167833

We see them all the time along the Potomac, when riding home on the train. We also have seen a couple gnawing on something one street over on a Saturday morning. Landed right in the street and were picking at whatever it was. Cat maybe (hopefully). A few folks with small dogs and cats have expressed some concern that these guys will snatch fido.

Lots of Bald eagles in my backyard here in CT-especially in February!

650349[/snapback]

January and February is when they roost... I take??

A good month to watch them on the cliffs along the upper Mississippi River is January.

At the locks and dams, if they are spotted in the area... The Corps wants you to count them and record the daily numbers and citings.

When I was helping out with work down in Beardstown (IL) back in 1999... I couldn't believe the numbers that were on that part of the lower Illinois River... Even at that time the personnel were keeping daily track of the numbers.

have seen 2 here on separate occasions in central virginia

Bald Eagles have returned to the Allegheny River Valley, I saw one two days ago, and a separate one this morning.  :doh:

649964[/snapback]

Damn environmentalists!

Actually, I only clicked on this thread because I thought it was going to be a "dirty thread" and "bald eagle" was some sort of new euphemism. Silly me.

650241[/snapback]

Just for that you get:

A gay eagle

650810[/snapback]

C'mon, X...aren't ALL Eagle Scouts suspect?