Bald Eagles are everywhere

Another time at acadia in maine, while climbing a precipice on mt. champlain I heard screeching, looked around and spotted a peregrine falcon.... The bird was close to me and flying erratic and screeching quite a bit.... I figured their was a nest close by..... Bushedwacked a bit to leave that area, didn't want to disturb the nest or get smashed by the falcon....

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another bird story, this time it was a pelican, which have made a nice comeback, from their prior list on the endangered species list....Spending the weak on a boat, fishing and drinking. Spotted a huge pod of baitfish, pelicans dive bombing from the top and spanish mackeral and jacks tearing it up from below.......We set up casting jigs on a fast retrieve, slaying-em... bud of mine is gutting-em and throwing-em on ice as we land the fish... At this point a couple pelicans wandered over to the boat eating the entrails he was tossing, and trying to steal our fish were bringing up...... They became annoying, so to keep-em busy we were throwing guts and heads right into their bills, wasn't enough. Thats when we opened cans of beer and poured right down their gullet, slowed -em right up, drunk pelicans dont compete for your fish....

• 3 weeks later...

Speaking of chickens....When I stationed in Adak, Alaska...those things ( Bald Eagles) would congregate at the dumpsters looking for free food...Used to call them Dumpster Chickens....The worst was when we came back from Halibut fishing....you'd be on the docks and cleaning your fish....There'd be 100 of the big bastards...Just staring at you like dinner...creepy :lol: