New Orleans to trade #2 overall pick

Kmac

I think D Brick is overrated.  I watched him get beat a few times in the Senior Bowl.  What's he gonna do when the nasty professionals are running stunts on him?

I'd rather take some cat with a little less natural talent and a whole lotta 'tude in the 2nd or 3rd.

649773[/snapback]

you cant put a ton of stock in what a guy does in the Senior Bowl. Every coach and scout says what a player does in practice all week counts more then what he does in the game

Brick actually destroyed Kiwinuka the whole week in practice, so your argument is invalid. Brick's handling of Kiwi sent him from a top 10 pick to a fringe first rounder.

649774[/snapback]

I can see your disagreeing with me and having reason for it. But I would argue against your reasoning, because I saw him play in a game, and he got beat for 2 sacks in the short period I was watching.

I'd rather have a guy who produces in games than in practice.

per KFFL.

Bills could trade Clements and another pick for it to get D'Brick

649772[/snapback]

Why would we do that? Yes, I'd like to have D'Brick as much as anyone but for the sake of losing Nate. I especially don't like it when look at the options at CB both in the draft and on the current roster unless we plan on moving Vincent for a year or two and take a development CB like Anwar Phillips or Will Blackmon. That said in doing so we are making another hole on the roster that think is foolish when we have so many already (and likely to have another if/when we trade Moulds).

I can see your disagreeing with me and having reason for it.  But I would argue against your reasoning, because I saw him play in a game, and he got beat for 2 sacks in the short period I was watching. 

I'd rather have a guy who produces in games than in practice.

650076[/snapback]

By your logic we should take Marcus McNeil who hasn't given up a sack since his freshman year. Truth be told there are no perfect players but by most accounts D'Brick is the next of the great ones, and even great ones have had a bad game or two.

Not going to happen...Jauron and Levy want Nate back for the Cover 2...Nate is not going anywhere...

650083[/snapback]

If we draft Huff, I think there will be questions about Nate's long term status with the team. As I could see him at SS this year and shift to CB if Nate only agrees to the current tender offer. Of course at the same time Huff could be a long term answer at SS if Nate signs long term. That's why I truly think he'd make a good pick.

per KFFL.

649772[/snapback]

I don't like that idea at all. I just don't trust rookie o-lineman in the NFL. It's been hit or miss in recent years for their position. We already know what we have in Nate, a great corner...playing the pass or playing run "d" so i'd say no thanks to your proposal. :lol:

I don't like that idea at all. I just don't trust rookie o-lineman in the NFL. It's been hit or miss in recent years for their position.

650097[/snapback]

Shawn Andrews and Robert Galley are two big names that come to mind. Takes a bit of time, usually, to see if they pan out...

I think D Brick is overrated.  I watched him get beat a few times in the Senior Bowl.  What's he gonna do when the nasty professionals are running stunts on him?

I'd rather take some cat with a little less natural talent and a whole lotta 'tude in the 2nd or 3rd.

649773[/snapback]

I saw this also . He was also overpowered in that game. Iagree too much hype. This would be a wasted pick in MY opinion.Ngata or Huff is my choice.A lineman will show up before the season .Somebody good alway`s gets cut before the season.

per KFFL.

649772[/snapback]

What other pick would be the question? Our third? If it was Nate Clements and our third, I would do it.

per KFFL.

649772[/snapback]

dumbest move we could make, loose lock down corner, another draft pick in a deep draft to get a guy thats a good pass blocker but not that great for run. Hmmmm doesnt sound like the guy to use #2 pick for unless ya are thinking a pass happy offense.

Trade a top 6 corner for an unproven lineman? Are you drunk right now?

650206[/snapback]

[/q

Yes I am, but thats neither here nor there. I agree, as much as I like the Brick and as bad a year as Nate had, you still cant trade away a proven player unless you have a great backup plan and looking at our roster it doesnt look like this would be a smart move on the Bills behalf. Although if we gave our first and a second and maybe a next years mid rounder to get the Brick then it would peak my interest. That is a big void we are filling there.

per KFFL.

649772[/snapback]

What would you rather have, a defense that gives the offense time to work or an offense that gives the defense time to rest?

IMHO, the Bills cannot afford to weaken the defense further for the sake of the offense.