Are the Bills Weaker now

jms62

Are the Bills Weaker now than they were at the end of the season?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Are the Bills Weaker now than they were at the end of the season?

• Yes
    • No

I'm starting " Are the Bills Stronger Now ? " poll after the Draft.

648313[/snapback]

No kidding. The off season is not over yet. We will not know how we did until after the draft and the end of free agency. We have to look at the whole picture because these 2 things go hand in hand.

Silly question. Of course we are. We let a number of people go and we haven't brought a lot of people in. However we now have load of money and in interesting draft. What we are at this moment is meaningless. Let's see where we are at the beginning of preseason.

I think with the acquisition of Triplett and Royal we have become much stronger in two key areas. I guarantee Triplett will pick up his game, and Royal will be critical on the line, he seems incredibly psyched to be in a Bills uniform.

This, being about my 5th post on this topic, will change once A.J. Hawk is picked up :doh:

All right, I'll bite:

QB: Losman, Holcomb, Matthews vs. Losman, Holcomb Nall

Verdict +

RB: unchanged

WR: Evans, Moulds, Reed, Parrish vs Evans, David, Reed, Parrish

Verdict -

TE: Campbell, Euhus vs. Everett, Royal, Euhus

Verdict +

OL: Gandy, Anderson, Teague, Villarreal, Williams vs. Gandy, Preston, Fowler, Villarreal, Peters.

Verdict +

DL: Shobel, Adams, Anderson, Kelsay vs. Schobel, Tripplett, Anderson, Kelsay

Verdict =

LB: Posey, Fletcher, Haggan vs. Posey, Fletcher, Spikes +

CB: Clements, McGee vs. Clements, McGee

Verdict + (experience)

S: Milloy, Vincent vs. Bowens, Vincent

Verdict -

K/P =

So, on the whole, looks like a wash. Until you get to better coaching, and the fact that we haven't drafted yet. We're also in much better salary cap position.

we won't know if they are better or not because we have no way of telling which, and what percentage of young guys will begin to "come into their own" and which will fail to show improvement. The possibilities are really limitless. For example, if the "light turned on" this season for JP, Preston, and Everett, we'd certainly be a lot better than if the pendulum swings the other way.

I would say they are weaker because Rusty Jones left for Chitown.

648305[/snapback]

Ummm, he left for Chitown before the 2005 season. That's when Mularkey put "his guy" in. You know, the one who decided that McGahee had to play at a much heavier weight....

The reason these idiotic polls stay alive is because idiotic people actually respond to them with the exact same idiotic thing they put into the last identical idiotic poll.

Did something change because it was said again for the 957th time?

The reason these idiotic polls stay alive is because idiotic people actually respond to them with the exact same idiotic thing they put into the last identical idiotic poll.

Did something change because it was said again for the 957th time?

648986[/snapback]

Trouble is, somebody relatively new to TSW doesn't *know* there have been 956 previous threads. (And not to pick solely on the newbies, some long-time regulars could learn to use the "search" function a little more often themselves.)

I think we've been more proactive lately in merging threads, like the three different Sam-Adams-to-Cincy ones I jammed together last night.

Still a work in progress, though... and one not helped by the kind of crap that inundated the board yesterday afternoon. But hey, glad everyone had fun.

:D

Trouble is, somebody relatively new to TSW doesn't *know* there have been 956 previous threads. (And not to pick solely on the newbies, some long-time regulars could learn to use the "search" function a little more often themselves.)

I think we've been more proactive lately in merging threads, like the three different Sam-Adams-to-Cincy ones I jammed together last night.

Still a work in progress, though... and one not helped by the kind of crap that inundated the board yesterday afternoon. But hey, glad everyone had fun.

649012[/snapback]

It's also called "Read". At least the first page, at least. Before one runs their mouth.

That said, you also know I'm an ass, don't really care, and make my comments because I'm very cynical.

It's also called "Read". At least the first page, at least. Before one runs their mouth.

That said, you also know I'm an ass, don't really care, and make my comments because I'm very cynical.

649018[/snapback]

Agreed. Both parts.

649012[/snapback]

I was quite the merge monster, then gave up this weekend. Though I did merge the half dozen or so "Clayton/ESPN/ESPN Radio/Philly Radio Reports Moulds to Texans" threads...oh, and the "thanks eric" thread yesterday with the one that was started back when there were a half dozen or so "Clayton/ESPN/ESPN Radio Reports Moulds to be cut any second now" threads...

As far as the "crap" goes, or at least my contribution to it, I've just had trouble figuring out which of the 100 or so threads on a subject is the one to which I should add my opinion ...so why not put the opinion in all of them?...I did limit it to stuff on the first page and it did work in some respects, because I did get a serious response to one of them...