Cap Room

i think that based on his opposition to the new labor deal, ralph has set HIS OWN cap...and it is lower than the limit the other teams are working with. i have posted this many times, but i haven't seen many people comment on it: i seriously don't believe ralph intends to spend his way up to the new cap.

therefore, i believe we will do little or nothing with the space we have.

I haven't seen one of these in a while, and I believe the answer from the higher ups in Jauron on Levy are "Nothing."

But... I would like to see some resolution on the line, there has to be someone left D/O line wise out there in FA land, so why not bring one in for camp, see how he does, and let him fight it out with some other Linemen?

They think it'll work with Nall...

I haven't seen one of these in a while, and I believe the answer from the higher ups in Jauron on Levy are "Nothing."

But... I would like to see some resolution on the line, there has to be someone left D/O line wise out there in FA land, so why not bring one in for camp, see how he does, and let him fight it out with some other Linemen?

650091[/snapback]

I think Marv and co understand that expecting to go from 5-11 to one of the league's elite teams in the league is highly unlikely. So this offseason's plan was to bring in potential starters and/or depth guys that will be with this team for more than this year. Toss in 4 draft picks in day one of the draft and this could easily be 8-8 or 9-7 this coming year which likely won't make the playoffs but in looking at our division just might as to me the Jets, Patriots and Dolphins really haven't done much to improve themselves this offseason and think the Pats might take a step back or two and the Dolphins are going to be hard pressed to reproduce last year's record. I know they have Culpepper but expect him to struggle a little being he's on a new team and all not to mention he wasn't all that impressive last year in Minny.

I think we'll use the remaining cap money next year to add a marque free agent and re-sign the remaining core players that are due to be UFAs in 2007. I see the current rebuilding plan as a two year plan if everything works out right. I think the only thing that hasn't gone to plan is getting Ryan Pickett which could be a key cog depending what happens on draft day.

Nall and for the most part every UFA signed thus far represent a low risk free agent signing that could turn out to be a big time player. Toss in a new coaching staff, management team this team has a new attitude. The current roster to me looks for a team looking forward and not limited to a year or two window to win a Super Bowl (like the previous rosters represented).

Who says you can't right a ship in one year? The Bucs were a terrible 5-11 in 2004, then did a complete 180 and were 11-5 in 2005. Who's to say the Bills can't do that?

I'm hoping with all this money the Bills have they'll sign Nate Clements long term. How long was Lee Evans rookie contract? Hopefully everything works out well for us Bills believers, cause right now I don't know what to think with this team.

Who says you can't right a ship in one year? The Bucs were a terrible 5-11 in 2004, then did a complete 180 and were 11-5 in 2005. Who's to say the Bills can't do that?

I'm hoping with all this money the Bills have they'll sign Nate Clements long term. How long was Lee Evans rookie contract? Hopefully everything works out well for us Bills believers, cause right now I don't know what to think with this team.

650095[/snapback]

True the Bucs were 11-5 but what they do come playoff time, to me I want to do more than just make the playoffs. I agree this has a lot of question marks right now but full expect some to be answered come May 1st (the day after day 2 of the draft). As by then we'll likely know the status of Moulds and Clements, to me the two biggest question marks thus far. In terms of Evans, his current deal ends after 2009.

650091[/snapback]

Yeah, it was 6:09 PM yesterday that the last person talked about it here.

650095[/snapback]

Well, TB was 3 years out from their SB win in 2002. They have/had a pretty good nucleus of talent.

Re-sign Nate and Willis.....we could front load Nate's deal...

648219[/snapback]

If you front-load a guy's contract he'll be bitching 4 years from now how he's severally underpaid (somehow forgetting the money he made at the front end of the contract). As much as front loading would make sense cap wise the last thing I want is a guy that has already seen most of the money from his contract. It’s a recipe for a holdout.

True the Bucs were 11-5 but what they do come playoff time, to me I want to do more than just make the playoffs. I agree this has a lot of question marks right now but full expect some to be answered come May 1st (the day after day 2 of the draft). As by then we'll likely know the status of Moulds and Clements, to me the two biggest question marks thus far. In terms of Evans, his current deal ends after 2009.

650098[/snapback]

I used to feel this way but after a 6-year drought from the playoffs I'm of the opinion I wouldn't mind being one and done. It's sad what losing brings out.

If you front-load a guy's contract he'll be bitching 4 years from now how he's severally underpaid (somehow forgetting the money he made at the front end of the contract).  As much as front loading would make sense cap wise the last thing I want is a guy that has already seen most of the money from his contract.  It’s a recipe for a holdout.

650182[/snapback]

Recipe for a holdout? So you're worried about a holdout in 5 years? That's a long time, anything can happen...no need to worry about stuff like that so soon. :lol:

i think that based on his opposition to the new labor deal, ralph has set HIS OWN cap...and it is lower than the limit the other teams are working with.  i have posted this many times, but i haven't seen many people comment on it:  i seriously don't believe ralph intends to spend his way up to the new cap.

therefore, i believe we will do little or nothing with the space we have.

649630[/snapback]

That`s what I`ve been saying too. We`ll find out soon. :)