OT - Sabres are getting jobbed by the refs again!

sven233

Ref standing right there looking at the puck, calls it a goal and then they take it away.......

THE PUCK WAS IN THE NET!

What a bunch of crap......

641877[/snapback]

YEA, THAT WAS A GOAL! Anyway, the Sabres really are in a slump right now, I hope they don't play this way in the playoffs!

Is it the refs fault they've allowed all of these goals the last few games?

Obviously the Sabres werent nearly as good as everyone thought they were, it has nothing to do with the refs "screwing" them. Yeah, that one goal should have counted...but a 4-game losing streak this late in the season tells me this team is no way prepared for the playoffs. I'd be more concerned about the Sabres flopping than a no-goal.

The thing is, that changed the WHOLE game around! I think we have been outplaying them most of the game and we get the gols to tie it, two unanswered and we are rolling. They take the GOAL away and that just changes everything....

What a bunch of crap.

That was the single worst call I've ever seen in a hockey game.

The puck was clearly over the line. For about 2 seconds. The ref was right behind the net, looking right down on it. He signaled GOAL decisively, looking right at the puck.

They reviewed it anyway. The anonymous men in black in toronto overturn it.

You're not supposed to overturn a call unless there is definitive proof to warrant overturning it. Not only was there NOT such proof, the review UPHELD that the puck was clearly over the line, fully.

Yet, no goal.

You have to wonder...why is it that every controversial call involving a buffalo sports team goes AGAINST buffalo?

I'm not talking conspiracy here. I'm talking bias. I'm talking about the lens through which certain officials see the game, the teams. Buffalo teams.

It's either THAT, or a large statistical anomaly. You decide.

Is it the refs fault they've allowed all of these goals the last few games?

Obviously the Sabres werent nearly as good as everyone thought they were, it has nothing to do with the refs "screwing" them.  Yeah, that one goal should have counted...but a 4-game losing streak this late in the season tells me this team is no way prepared for the playoffs.  I'd be more concerned about the Sabres flopping than a no-goal.

641880[/snapback]

Like I said, I think we have been outplaying them for most of the game......and if that GOAL actually counts, we have all the momentum on our side and maybe we start another winning streak with this game instead of dropping our fourth straight.

I'm not saying that the Sabres are great, but a win tonight could have been a huge change for this team and got us going again. Granted, the things that have been going our way haven't been the last 4 games, but I don't want to hear that this team isn't good....or even as good as we thought they were. This team, before our recent skid had the best record in the entire league over the last 50 games!!!! You can't fake a 50 game stretch! This team is good....maybe not the best in the league, but they are good. This was a game that would have got us right back in the race for the Eastern Conferance.

When a team is struggling,you can't take away goals that should count. That was a game changer......

That was the single worst call I've ever seen in a hockey game.

The puck was clearly over the line. For about 2 seconds. The ref was right behind the net, looking right down on it. He signaled GOAL decisively, looking right at the puck.

They reviewed it anyway. The anonymous men in black in toronto overturn it.

You're not supposed to overturn a call unless there is definitive proof to warrant overturning it. Not only was there NOT such proof, the review UPHELD that the puck was clearly over the line, fully.

Yet, no goal.

You have to wonder...why is it that every controversial call involving a buffalo sports team goes AGAINST buffalo?

I'm not talking conspiracy here. I'm talking bias. I'm talking about the lens through which certain officials see the game, the teams. Buffalo teams.

It's either THAT, or a large statistical anomaly. You decide.

641886[/snapback]

The fact that the ref was standing RIGHT THERE OVER THE PUCK should have been enough! Why even review it when the ref is standing there with a clear view of the puck across the line!!!! The ref should have just told the guys in Toronto that he saw the puck in the net, thus signaled a goal! How can the ref that definitively signaled goal all of a sudden take it away? Makes now sense and the Sabres get screwed again........

How is that obvious?  Teams go on losing streaks.  It happens.  At least it's not happening in the playoffs.

641892[/snapback]

They've lost three times to the top two teams in the Eastern Conference during the last week...they've beaten Ottawa...what...once this year? In a shoot-out? To me, the Sabres barely squeak by a team in the first round and then got whomped in the 2nd.

They've lost three times to the top two teams in the Eastern Conference during the last week...they've beaten Ottawa...what...once this year?  In a shoot-out?  To me, the Sabres barely squeak by a team in the first round and then got whomped in the 2nd.

641913[/snapback]

Quick, call Lindy and tell them that so they don't have to play the games. Why go to the playoffs when you declare them losers in round 2? Hurry up and give us the Stanley Cup winner so they can give that trophy out too.

Quick, call Lindy and tell them that so they don't have to play the games.  Why go to the  playoffs when you declare them losers in round 2?  Hurry up and give us the Stanley Cup winner so they can give that trophy out too.

641915[/snapback]

I know people hate hearing that sort of thing, but I'm sorry...seeing how Ottawa has been playing as of late I dont see how the Sabres can get past them in the playoffs. We'd all like to pretend this team has a shot, but its clear they're just good. Not great. Just good.

According to AP:

"Referee Kevin Pollock initially ruled a goal but it was overturned after officials required five minutes to review the play. Video replays showed the puck never completely crossed the line before Ottawa's Brian Pothier fished it out."

I know people hate hearing that sort of thing, but I'm sorry...seeing how Ottawa has been playing as of late I dont see how the Sabres can get past them in the playoffs.  We'd all like to pretend this team has a shot, but its clear they're just good.  Not great.  Just good.

641916[/snapback]

Remember the last time Ottawa played as well in the post season as they did in the regular season? Yeah, I know. THIS season it'll be different. I'll believe it when it actually happens. Pardon my pessimism concerning the almighty Senators.

We're doomed. Might as well just hand Ottawa/Detroit/Carolina the Cup right now. There's no reason to play for it because we have lost our last four games.

This never gets old. :lol:

According to AP:

"Referee Kevin Pollock initially ruled a goal but it was overturned after officials required five minutes to review the play. Video replays showed the puck never completely crossed the line before Ottawa's Brian Pothier fished it out."

641923[/snapback]

I'm sorry, if it takes longer than 5 seconds it's not "conclusive" evidence. It's simply ANOTHER bad call in a long line of them that has gone against the Sabres.

Looked to me like when that thing wobbled on its edge, there we a couple of moments when a corner of the puck was in contact with nothing but the white over the goal-line. A Canandian broadcast night - did anyone think that was going to stand up with a replay war room in Toronto?

Looked to me like when that thing wobbled on its edge, there we a couple of moments when a corner of the puck was in contact with nothing but the white over the goal-line. A Canandian broadcast night  - did anyone think that was going to stand up with a replay war room in Toronto?

641929[/snapback]

!@#$ I have a headache.

To me, the Sabres barely squeak by a team in the first round and then got whomped in the 2nd.

641913[/snapback]

Yeah so maybe it plays out like you say, but at the beginning of the season if I had told you they'd make the playoffs and win a series what would you have said?

I'm sorry, if it takes longer than 5 seconds it's not "conclusive" evidence.  It's simply ANOTHER bad call in a long line of them that has gone against the Sabres.

641927[/snapback]

I agree. Consclusive being the key word, maybe they should look up the fuggin definition. The ref was 5 feet away with his eyes on the puck the whole time. Your telling me that the camera shots they were looking at had a better view? What a fuggin joke.

To those of you jumping off the bandwagon I'm not quite sure what game you were watching last night. The Sabres showed up and played as well, if not better than the Senators overall last night. We had absolutely no bounces go our way, hitting goalposts, crossbars and having the refs take a goal away from us was too much to overcome.