Jets targeting Leinart

VABills

I just don't understand this.

Why would you re-sign Chad and then make a trade for Patrick Ramsay, just to draft Matt Leinart?

Why even bother re-signing Pennington or make the trade even if you're going to bring in another QB?

...... and people get upset when WE talk about drafting a QB

Re-sign Chad incase he fools everbody and comes back as good as ever

Bring in Ramsey as insurance incase Pennigton can't play as well as before

Draft young QB cause Pennigton may not last much longer and Ramsey may not be the long term answer. The Jets are playing this somewhat smart. They are drafting the QB they want and bring him in as 2nd or 3rd string for a year or 2 before deaming him starter, Instead of bringing him in and expecting him to start right away.

Ramsey is in the last year of his deal making him an unrestricted free agent next year. They draft Leinart to be the starter next year leaving Ramsey & Pennington to battle it out for starter & backup this year. With Pennington's injury the Jets obviously don't trust that he'll return to preinjury status.

Ramsey is in the last year of his deal making him an unrestricted free agent next year. They draft Leinart to be the starter next year leaving Ramsey & Pennington to battle it out for starter & backup this year.  With Pennington's injury the Jets obviously don't trust that he'll return to preinjury status.

640190[/snapback]

Good points. I didn't realize Ramsey is an UFA next season.

Ramsey is in the last year of his deal making him an unrestricted free agent next year. They draft Leinart to be the starter next year leaving Ramsey & Pennington to battle it out for starter & backup this year.  With Pennington's injury the Jets obviously don't trust that he'll return to preinjury status.

640190[/snapback]

It still doesn't make any sense...They made moves for the QB position in FA, and now are sitting with 3 picks in the first 35 selections, in a draft filled with 40-45 1st round caliber players. They could fill so much more than just the QB position with those picks.

Oh well, it would be par for the course for the Jets to screw up a draft....Ken O'Brien before Dan Marino?

Why they have Ramsey and Pennington who is making good jack. I don't believe it at all. I say they stay put and take D-Brick. If they trade up it will be for Bush, not Leinhart.

640052[/snapback]

So a guy worth only a 6th round pick and another one with a busted shoulder are worth pinning your long-term future on ? :doh:

Not if we beat them to the punch and trade Moulds to Denver for the #15 pick. Denver gets a polished receiver to help them and we get another bargaining chip to move up in the draft. We then trade our #8 and #15 to New Orleans to move up to #2 in order to take either Ferguson or Williams. Think about it: #8 and #15 would certainly be better than #4 and #29??

Not if we beat them to the punch and trade Moulds to Denver for the #15 pick.  Denver gets a polished receiver to help them and we get another bargaining chip to move up in the draft.  We then trade our #8 and #15 to New Orleans to move up to #2 in order to take either Ferguson or Williams.  Think about it: #8 and #15 would certainly be better than #4 and #29??

640371[/snapback]

:doh:

Not if we beat them to the punch and trade Moulds to Denver for the #15 pick.  Denver gets a polished receiver to help them and we get another bargaining chip to move up in the draft.  We then trade our #8 and #15 to New Orleans to move up to #2 in order to take either Ferguson or Williams.  Think about it: #8 and #15 would certainly be better than #4 and #29??

640371[/snapback]

Moulds for the #15 straight up???? You're dreaming.

You just jumping in for ***** and giggles, or what?

640404[/snapback]

Just causing trouble.

Me personally, I've pretty much decided that I want Brick, Hawk, and then Leinart, in that order during the draft.

Noone, and I mean Noone out there has the ability and intelligence to really help us in the shortterm besides though 3 if we stay at #8, IMHO.

Besides, from a Jets perspective, it makes sense. They have decent, not great Olinemen. They still have Martin at RB for one more year. Leinart and Cutler are the best two choices at Qb, and Leinart is really the better of the two by far. They could use Vernon Davis and help on defense, but noone that will be there for there #4 is really worth it. So they should either trade down and maybe get Lendell White or Vernon Davis around 6-9. Or they should leverage the pick and get the stud in Leinart.

On top of all that Pennington is good, when healthy but he isn't great. As has been mentioned if you get a chance to get a "FRANCISE" qb, you do it.

They better move to #1 if they are really interested in Leinart, because if they either trade to #2 before the draft, or wait until draft day to trade with NO, somebody, like Tennessee will leapfrog them & make the trade with Houston. Both Houston & NO don't need Bush or Leinart. Therefore, anyone counting on Houston keeping the pick & taking Bush so that NO gets the dream trade instead of Houston is putting their faith in the media consensus that Houston will take Bush. Houston will gladly trade the pick to 3 or 4 & take D'Brick because Carr, Davis & D'Brick is better than Carr, Bush, Davis & a hole at LT.

I hope the Jets are thinking this way, because if they think they can make a trade with NO & get Leinart, they are sadly mistaken because in the blink of an eye, Tenessee will be trading up to #1 if they have any indication the Jets will move to #2 to ace them out of Leinart.