Broncos targeting Cutler?

The Broncos may be targeting Cutler, and I see a possibility that the Bills may now have a chance of trading down and picking up both Denvers first round picks(15 and 22) I have no idea how that works on the point scale but think many GMs could care less about that anyway, maybe use it for more like a guidline then the ten commandments of draft day trades. After doing a little reading the pass couple of days I think that the this might be a scenerio that unfolds

Jets take Lienert(trading both their picks to the Texans)

Saints take Bush(Duece has been injury prone)

Titans take Vince Young

Texans take Ferguson

Packers take AJ Hawk

San Fransico takes Davis

Raiders take Mario Williams

Buffalo trades pick to Denver where they go after Cutler to beat out the Lions

Think this is a possible scenario, while I am on it, are we going to have a first round Mock on this board (not just Bills Picks)for everyones ideas.

Jets take Lienert(trading both their picks to the Texans)

640026[/snapback]

Why the hell would the Jets take Leinart?

They resigned Chad Pennington and made a trade for Patrick Ramsay as an insurance policy if Chad can't be fixed.

So they have two starting QB's on the team and no O-Line. But they're going to pass on drafting the best OL in the past 5 years or so and give up more picks to draft another QB?

I don't think so.

I'd definitely give up the #8 for two first rounders...although I dont think the Broncos would bite on that until the Draft actually kicks off. If both Leinart and Young are gone by pick #7, I think we'll get a panic trade by Denver if Cutler is truly the man they are targeting.

They resigned Chad Pennington and made a trade for Patrick Ramsay as an insurance policy if Chad can't be fixed.

So they have two starting QB's on the team and no O-Line. But they're going to pass on drafting the best OL in the past 5 years or so and give up more picks to draft another QB?

I don't think so.

640036[/snapback]

Pennington is back at a much reduced salary, Ramsey was beat out by Brunell and Campbell. It doesnt really sound like Montana and Young more like Johnson, Flutie

I'd take that trade in a heartbeat. It does seem to make sense for the Broncos. It has already been reported (before the trade with Atlanta) that they were looking to offload their two first rounders.

By the way, if the Jests trade up, it will be with the Saints, who have said they would like to trade down now that they got Brees.

I'd take that trade in a heartbeat. It does seem to make sense for the Broncos. It has already been reported (before the trade with Atlanta) that they were looking to offload their two first rounders.

By the way, if the Jests trade up, it will be with the Saints, who have said they would like to trade down now that they got Brees.

640065[/snapback]

I really think the Texans do not want that number one slot(Casserly has said to anyone that would listen that he would trade the pick), they have too much pressure to take Bush and I do not think they want him. I think they like Ferguson and would be more willing to trade down with the Saints who would overplay their position since they got Brees in the fold.

I really think the Texans do not want that number one slot(Casserly has said to anyone that would listen that he would trade the pick), they have too much pressure to take Bush and I do not think they want him. I think they like Ferguson and would be more willing to trade down with the Saints who would overplay  their position since they got Brees in the fold.

640077[/snapback]

But you have the Jests, not the Saints trading with the Texans. The Saints don't want to draft that high -- they don't even want to pick at #2.

I agree 100% that there is too much pressure being put on Houston to take Bush, but that is just too bad for them. Of course, Casserly could just figure out that he is running that team -- not the fans. The Texans should have thought about all that before they sucked last year. This is bound to be a great draft, and no one is going to want to give up a bunch of picks in it to get the #1 slot.

But you have the Jests, not the Saints trading with the Texans. The Saints don't want to draft that high -- they don't even want to pick at #2.

I agree 100% that there is too much pressure being put on Houston to take Bush, but that is just too bad for them. Of course, Casserly could just figure out that he is running that team -- not the fans. The Texans should have thought about all that before they sucked last year. This is bound to be a great draft, and no one is going to want to give up a bunch of picks in it to get the #1 slot.

640090[/snapback]

Yes I see it was a typo, what I meant to say that I think the Saints will overplay their hand and drive a much harder bargain then the Texans. I see the Saints already playing hard to get with the Titans and the Jets, I think one of those teams will say screw it and go to the Texans and the jets now have more ammo to pull of a deal for the number one pick.

Yes I see it was a typo, what I meant to say that I think the Saints will overplay their hand and drive a much harder bargain then the Texans. I see the Saints already playing hard to get with the Titans and the Jets, I think one of those teams will say screw it and go to the Texans and the jets now have more ammo to pull of a deal for the number one pick.

640106[/snapback]

That seems like a plausible senario, but it would likely involve the Texans under-playing their hand -- trading away the #1 pick for the average price of a #2 or #3. I would think the Texans would just keep the #1, pick Bush, sell tons of jerseys and tickets, and get your team on the cover of SI, ESPN, TSN and so on. Plus, they could trade Dominic Davis.

I haven't looked at one of those draft value charts lately, but moving from 8 down to 15 would probably only net us Denver's 2nd round pick, rather than their other first rounder.

640039[/snapback]

I do not hink the chart means much in this position. We could get a bidding war with other teams targeting Cutler. If we call the lions and tell them that we will trade with Arizona or Denver, then the Lions would have to offer something to move up one spot. Then the Cards would have to offer up something, eventually the Broncos would give up something more then 15 overall and their second because the Cards or Lions second round picks are worth more.

I know it sound great to get Denvers 2 number one picks.......

If they do offer them to move up in the draft I would expect San Francisco to consider biting on them as they are one of the few teams with even more holes than Buffalo.

Of course San Fran is 2 picks ahead of us and that would also put them ahead of the Raiders who might also consider a QB.

I don't think so.

640036[/snapback]

Chad Pennington took a paycut, no? he can still be cut, Ramsey is a viable backup/starter if they bring in a rook.

How about this, why wouldn't Tennessee trade their pick and maybe a second and third with Houston so they can draft Bush, lets be honest Chris "the concussion" Brown is not he answer.Plus Henry cant stay clean. They need a back big time.As for the Bills trade down, trade down, trade down. We need as many picks as possible. Lets bite the bullet and rebuild. :doh:

Ramsey is in the last year of his deal making him an unrestricted free agent next year. They draft Leinart to be the starter next year leaving Ramsey & Pennington to battle it out for starter & backup this year.

Ramsey is in the last year of his deal making him an unrestricted free agent next year.  They draft Leinart to be the starter next year leaving Ramsey & Pennington to battle it out for starter & backup this year.

640186[/snapback]

It is plausible. It is very interesting to note that of the top three QBs in this year's draft, it is likley none of them will be starting Week One.

How about this, why wouldn't Tennessee trade their pick and maybe a second and third with Houston so they can draft Bush, lets be honest Chris "the concussion" Brown is not he answer.Plus Henry cant stay clean. They need a back big time.As for the Bills trade down, trade down, trade down. We need as many picks as possible. Lets bite the bullet and rebuild. :doh:

640178[/snapback]

When Givins signed with them the said they planned to seriously look at the QB position in the first round.