Sabres-Canes

The Sabes are staring a three-game losing streak in the face. If they can't figure out some third period magic and come up with a tie, that does not bode well for this team's chances against the conference's premier teams in the playoffs.

Four second period goals on Miller is not cool. Anyone watching this game got any dirt on whether these were just shots that were too good, defensive breakdowns, or if Miller is having confidence issues?

Fingers crossed for Pominville and co. to get something rolling. We need a battle like this.

Well, it ended there, 4-3.  Good to see the boys not give up, but this is another tough loss to take.

639578[/snapback]

I'm the curse, I think. When i can't see the games, but listen on the internet, they do well. The few games I'm able to see, they lose.

What should I do during the playoffs? (Not a real question, i know what you guys think. :ph34r: )

Ouch...they are starting to skid at the worst possible time.

639699[/snapback]

This season has been very enjoyable no question about it....

And yes, its is great that the Sabres matter again in March/April....

But I think reality will set in real quick...I hate to admit this...but that tool on tsn.ca that does the power rankings was probably right...the Sabres are NOT an elite team....very good, but not elite. 2nd round at best IMO.

Nice job Darcy by shoring up the defense at the deadline...that 2nd round pick sure looks great on that blueline NOW :ph34r:

This season has been very enjoyable no question about it....

And yes, its is great that the Sabres matter again in March/April....

But I think reality will set in real quick...I hate to admit this...but that tool on tsn.ca that does the power rankings was probably right...the Sabres are NOT an elite team....very good, but not elite.  2nd round at best IMO. 

Nice job Darcy by shoring up the defense at the deadline...that 2nd round pick sure looks great on that blueline NOW  :ph34r:

639768[/snapback]

Is it possible that the illness to Lindy Ruff's daughter has affected the team's morale? Does anyone have an update on her condition? I heard the Ruff was not behind the bench for the Trasher game on Monday.

Is it possible that the illness to Lindy Ruff's daughter has affected the team's morale? Does anyone have an update on her condition? I heard the Ruff was not behind the bench for the Trasher game on Monday.

639773[/snapback]

That is a good point Rich...I sure hope this Sabres team can snap out of this funk...maybe we were just spoiled with such a monster run...

From what I read the surgery went well....that was great news to hear

639773[/snapback]

Sure it's possible, but my opinion is that Buffalo is simply not as good as Ottawa or Carolina. Until we get some better defensemen, we may be destined for a quick 2nd round playoff exit.

Sure it's possible, but my opinion is that Buffalo is simply not as good as Ottawa or Carolina. Until we get some better defensemen, we may be destined for a quick 2nd round playoff exit.

640442[/snapback]

I'll grant you that Ottawa is better than the Sabres. I will not agree that Carolina is simply better than the Sabres. Yes, Buffalo is 0-2-1 against the 'Canes this season, but have not even remotely been that badly outplayed by them. Heck, if Tallinder doesn't break his stick, even though Buffalo was outplayed that period, they probably get out of the 2nd down only 2-0. Carolina was out of gas in the 3rd.

Remember, in 2000-'01, Philly beat Buffalo all 4 times they played in the regular season, twice by shutout. When the playoffs rolled around, Buffalo won in 6, with a 8-0 drubbing in Game 6. Just as Philly wasn't simply better than Buffalo in '01, Carolina won't walk over the Sabres either if they meet in the real season.

Remember, in 2000-'01, Philly beat Buffalo all 4 times they played in the regular season, twice by shutout.  When the playoffs rolled around, Buffalo won in 6, with a 8-0 drubbing in Game 6.  Just as Philly wasn't simply better than Buffalo in '01, Carolina won't walk over the Sabres either if they meet in the real season.

640556[/snapback]

You mean playoff hockey is different from the regular season? :blush:

You mean playoff hockey is different from the regular season?  :blush:

641142[/snapback]

Actually, I'm really looking forward to the playoffs this year, as I am expecting the refs who have been calling the games the tightest to be getting the assignments. High intensity with pointless hooks and holds called should make for some terrific hockey, especially if they aren't calling penalties on good clean checks.