Moulds given permission to seek trade

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing less than a 2nd rounder would be acceptable to me. If we can get an early 3rd for Henry, we can certainly get a 2nd for Moulds. Hate to see him go , but if he doesn't want to be here, then there's really no discussion.

I really dont think its any problem finding a team who WANTS Eric Moulds. I dont even think it'll be that hard to get decent 2nd or 3rd round compensation for him.

However, Eric's contract will really hurt us...plus, teams may just wait us out until we release him...why give up a draft pick when Eric said he'll never play for us again?

I really dont think its any problem finding a team who WANTS Eric Moulds.  I dont even think it'll be that hard to get decent 2nd or 3rd round compensation for him.

However, Eric's contract will really hurt us...plus, teams may just wait us out until we release him...why give up a draft pick when Eric said he'll never play for us again?

638352[/snapback]

Good points. If he doesn't play then he won't get his non-guaranteed money (if I understand correctly :devil: ) so we'd be taking the cap hit that we have to take for him anyway, and nothing more.

Nothing less than a 2nd rounder would be acceptable to me. If we can get an early 3rd for Henry, we can certainly get a 2nd for Moulds. Hate to see him go , but if he doesn't want to be here, then there's really no discussion.

638349[/snapback]

It's not as much about the pick as

1.) Moulds finding out what he's truly worth, and if he still wants to bolt,

2.) the Bills picking where he goes...

Hurt us how? The Bills save $5.5M if he's traded or released before June 1st (and they MIGHT even be able to spread out the $3.8M cap hit over 2 seasons if he's released BEFORE June 1st, as per the new CBA). And Moulds would easily restructure or take a paycut to a team he'd like to go to, no?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-b...ov=ap&type=lgns

Well it's safe to say is as good as gone now.  So now the question remains...Who will want to trade for him. :devil:

As for me, I say the Eagles because they have no quality, starting WR's.

638468[/snapback]

It won't be for anyone in our division. I think Philly is a good place for Eric. The question is who does Philly, or whatever team we deal with, have that we want?

PTR

No one has brought up a player-for-player trade.  Could the Bills get some O or D line help for Moulds?  Would a #1 or #2 pick be better than a player?

PTR

638494[/snapback]

While I would rather get a player for Moulds and that seems a very good possibility, I think teams looking to get Moulds are the teams trying to win the big dance now. I dont think those teams would be likely to give up one of the pieces they already have in place.

One of the pages from the TD book (many pages were flawed but some of his moves and skills were quite good) that it seems the Bills are following is to let a player who wants out seek a trade and do a chunk of the GMs work.

Its a smart move in a negotiation because if the Bills call first then the other team gets to lead us through the negotiating process. While the Bills are still the seller and the other team has a buyers advantage that they can "pretend" to walk out of the showroom to wedge a bit more out of us, by having the player make the initial ask, as we did in the Travis Henry case it puts us on a more equal footing with the "buyer". This is also similar to the Henry case in that the player clearly had burned bridges and was not going to come back, but the player is still under contract to us and we own him.

The Moulds situation is a bit different in that we owe him the big bucks while TH was mere chump change to allow him to sit if we chose. However, Moulds would really need to pretend to be interested in being a Bill while playing like a schmuck in order for us to pay and if he played this card it would make his name crap to his teammates and other NFL players and not be a smart move for a player of his age.

My assumption has been that Denver is a WR away from going even deeper in the playoffs and Moulds would be high on their lisr/ However, I am curious what those who scan the rest of the MFL say in terms of what other teams need WRs and what they could part with in exchange for Moulds.

I brought that up in a couple other posts about a player for player, and i thought Philly was also shopping a lineman, or a safety that wanted out, but was not 100% sure. Could we not maybe use him to even trade for a RFA (trade moulds for the right to the player after making a deal for them.

I'd take nothing lower then a 4th for moulds. I think Moulds will have trade value even though his cap hit is high. If he's traded to a good team he'll be willing to re-do his deal more then likely. On a good team he's easily 1200 yard 80+ catch wr. He'll have value for a team looking for a wr such as... KC,DEN,Philly,The Vikings, NE(although I would under no circumstances trade him to ne unless they're ponying up a 1st rd pick)