Moulds given permission to seek trade

I don't know Tom--there are no difference makers left at the position with TO and Keyshawn gone...Eric is the last one.  This is a smart way to go.  Wait until the market is depleted and then let him seek a trade...I think we can get a 3rd rounder...especially from Denver--they have two #1's -- in fact I bet if we packaged Eric and our second we can get their later #1...

638211[/snapback]

That's the main issue/question I have...what we'll get in return...I like the idea of getting a late #1, but that all becomes predicated on having 2 (or more) other teams bidding for him.

If there's not much interest, there's not much chance of getting anything worthwhile...still, he IS now the best (?) receiver left available, and any team that got "shut out" in free agency (and feels they can't get a good wide out in the draft) SHOULD be interested....

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see every team but NE.  They never pay a lot for WR's and think that players should pay THEM to play for them.  When they see how much Moulds wants, and when Moulds sees how many players have jumped ship, this is NOT a match that's going to happen.  And I doubt Moulds ever plays for Miami, just out of principle.

638207[/snapback]

I agree on Miami Mad--but NE is Bethel Johnson, Deion Branch and Reeche Caldwell -- plus Ben Watson is like another WO...Moulds makes that whole group better and they need another clutch guy to go with Branch...I still think Denver outbids everyone...

NOONE will trade a 1st for moulds. That is because the market for 1st round picks is quite high these days. However, a 2nd is not unrealistic. I believe that chargers traded for mccardell mid-year one year for like a 4th. Furthermore, the most damning proof of all that noon eknows what a guy is worth is the Justin McCareins deal from 2 years ago, a 2nd round pick!!! what a joke. McCareins is about 3/8 the player moulds is.

Bills | Moulds granted permission to seek trade

Tue, 21 Mar 2006 16:33:34 -0800

The Associated Press reports the Buffalo Bills have granted permission to WR Eric Moulds to seek a trade. "We are shopping Eric," Moulds' personal adviser, Greg Johnson, said Tuesday, March 21. "Obviously, we would much rather have Eric released. But if we can work out a trade, we will. But if not, we're back to Square 1 and Eric won't play for the Bills. He doesn't want to play for them, and he will not play for them." Johnson said several teams already have expressed interest in Moulds since the Bills granted their permission on Friday. Johnson added that the team has set parameters on what it would seek in return in a potential trade, but did not provide details.

Poor Eric Moulds won't play for the Bills again. Sick of not being on Championship teams? Well, lots of players are not on Championship teams on their way to making more then most will make in a lifetime. The Bills (Tom D. even) stepped up and made him like a top 3 pay at his position and now he just dumps on us. Won't fullfil his end of the deal? I hope his dog dies, SLOWLY. I am burning my 6 yr old son's #80 as we speak.

I say try to work out a deal with Philadelphia for their number one pick in the upcoming draft.  I believe it to be #15 overall.  Philly will get the receiver to replace TO and we get an opportunity to address 2 needs right away D-line and O-line.

638217[/snapback]

I think Atlanta had the #15 pick and traded it to denver for there #29 (and 2 other picks) who sent it to the NYJ who for Abraham

If Moulds can find a team that will re-work his hilariously inflated deal...more power to him.

Eric's current contract calls for him to make $6.089M this year and $7.25M next year. A new team could add a year to his contract to make it $13.34M over 3 years with a $4M signing bonus and make it work out, seeing as how he'd take less to play for a "winning team."

If Philly wants him, and I'm sure they do, then I wouldn't trade Moulds unless it was for their 1st rd pick (#14) and then them either one of our 3rd rd picks or our 4th rder. That's it. They have a big need at this position. Make them pay, especially after that jerk around for Travis Henry last year. Otherwise, we'll find another partner. This is actually the best thing that has happen for us this off season, as far as player personnel goes. We get to trade an aging great reciever for some desperately needed great potential youth. This should be a happy day in this organization.

I think Atlanta had the #15 pick and traded it to denver for there #29 (and 2 other picks) who sent it to the NYJ who for Abraham

638230[/snapback]

Then try to make the deal with Denver if that is the case because you need to get value for a player of Eric's ability. Despite him being 32 or 33 he is in great physical shape and is still a top tier receiver, even at this point in his career. Denver must definitely be thinking that he is a player that may put them over the top (in their minds) so in the age of "WIN NOW" this would be something that might make sense to them. At any rate we must ourselves be able to address our offensive and defensive lines with high quality players and to have two picks in the top 15 would lend itself to other options as well.

If Philly wants him, and I'm sure they do, then I wouldn't trade Moulds unless it was for their 1st rd pick (#14) and then them either one of our 3rd rd picks or our 4th rder. That's it. They have a big need at this position. Make them pay, especially after that jerk around for Travis Henry last year. Otherwise, we'll find another partner. This is actually the best thing that has happen for us this off season, as far as player personnel goes. We get to trade an aging great reciever for some desperately needed great potential youth. This should be a happy day in this organization.

638242[/snapback]

Tip--you're carrying the chip on your shoulder for our beloved TD baby...I love it, but he's gone....people probably actually return Marv's calls.... :devil: