WOW - WGR55 sucks ass in the AM

Lv-Bills

Look, I'm as happy as anyone that WGR is streaming. But seriously, Howard Simon and Jeremy White are fuggin BRUUUUUUUUUUUUTAL.

I was so excited about getting to listen this morning. Do they even get anyone to call? I mean, they took one caller in the last hour. I mean, seriously, they have talked about NOTHING.

We'll have to see what's on tonight, but my god, these two guys are pretty much worthless. It's like they don't even prepare. They just shoot at the hip and their thoughts are all scattered.

I understand they have the market cornered up there, but that doesn't make them any good.

UGH. What a letdown today. And this, from me, who isn't usually a WGR basher. I love Bills pre and post game stuff when I come up for games. But seriously, living in Virginia, I was so excited, and this is just pure garbage.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

UGH.  What a letdown today.  And this, from me, who isn't usually a WGR basher.  I love Bills pre and post game stuff when I come up for games.  But seriously, living in Virginia, I was so excited, and this is just pure garbage.

635933[/snapback]

Welcome to bad local morning radio. It is a format that is sweeping the nation!

You need to seriously lower your expectations, and be prepared to hear more Coverall franchise commercials than sports talk. When you do hear the rare sports talk, do not expect it to be intelligent - and expect the hosts to be loud-mouthed, rude, and belligerent most of the time. OTOH, if you enjoy listening to senseless blather about nachos, date movies, rock 'n' roll songs, etc., WGR5550 is the place! It has been long-deleted from my car pre-set buttons.

Don't hold your breath for the afternoon either....You'll get to hear Schopp talk about a sweater he got for Christmas 7 years ago and how Bulldog thinks that Cats are overrated

635950[/snapback]

That's what I was gonna ask next....does it even get any better in the PM? Is Brad Riter any good? I mean, my god, our radio guys in Richmond are better, and we don't have any pro sports around, outside what is in DC.

These two clowns are unreal in the morning.

Again, what a letdown. And they rushed the last Bills caller off the air, to talk about downtown parking.

Yeah, this is great stuff. Unreal.

While all the above points are true you do have to understand that morning radio tends to be more blather/skits than calls. Even WNSA's morning shows were that way...about one call an hour on a sports-related topic...it is apparently the "formula" in the morning...

While all the above points are true you do have to understand that morning radio tends to be more blather/skits than calls.  Even WNSA's morning shows were that way...about one call an hour on a sports-related topic...it is apparently the "formula" in the morning...

635954[/snapback]

I hear you on that stuff too. However, these guys aren't even good at that. I didn't laugh once today. I mean, seriously.....from what I heard this morning, it's just garbage.

Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuutal today. Still glad it's streaming, but they are seriously bad.

I hear you on that stuff too.  However, these guys aren't even good at that.  I didn't laugh once today.  I mean, seriously.....from what I heard this morning, it's just garbage.

Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuutal today.  Still glad it's streaming, but they are seriously bad.

635960[/snapback]

I think a lot of this kind of crap "humour" is the unfortunate result of "Seinfeld". The hosts seem to think it is hilarious to talk about "nothing" and to obsess over small minutia (sp?) that really isn't very funny. What they miss, that "Seinfeld" got, was that it has to be funny. Being neurotic, particularly when it is faked, is rarely funny, but more often just irritating....I am glad they are streaming too, but I think I will just tune in when there is actually some Buffalo sports "news".

I do have to give Riter some credit at night though....I think he's always been pretty decent at talking on topic and not trying to prove how witty he is all the time

635991[/snapback]

He seems the least annoying - the few times I've tuned in. The earlier shows just make me turn my dial as far from the left as possible.

I do have to give Riter some credit at night though....I think he's always been pretty decent at talking on topic and not trying to prove how witty he is all the time

635991[/snapback]

riter's show has always made me laugh my ass off.

he is also a pretty honest fan IMO, he was always with beldsoe as a QB, gregg williams as a HC for a lot longer than most fans were. instead of just saying we suck, ditch them all i think he is an at least realistic

i liked the coach too, but not his whole show, it got too tiring. i liked it when he gave his insights, which is what he does on the riter show.

that is good local radio right there

635991[/snapback]

Riter is the best of the bunch. They have him doing the Sabres postgame shows now and he's quite good at it.

Some days are bad and I think you might have caught them on an off-day. If there isn't lots of Bills news or a Sabres game to talk about...well.......there isn't much to talk about. Seriously, the spring usually sucks for sports-talk in Buffalo.

636015[/snapback]

Geez, the Sabres just came off a big game this weekend, and are in the hunt for top spot in the East. There should be a lot of hockey to talk about. There's another big Sabre game tonight. Yet GR doesn't give the Sabres enough talk time, and they even carry the games. Few fans seem to call about the Sabres either.

Don't hold your breath for the afternoon either....You'll get to hear Schopp talk about a sweater he got for Christmas 7 years ago and how Bulldog thinks that Cats are overrated

635950[/snapback]

I never listen to the Bulldog and his incredibly irritating voice and style when I'm on the Skyway, otherwise I may be tempted to make a hard right turn

Geez, the Sabres just came off a big game this weekend, and are in the hunt for top spot in the East.  There should be a lot of hockey to talk about.  There's another big Sabre game tonight.  Yet GR doesn't give the Sabres enough talk time, and they even carry the games.  Few fans seem to call about the Sabres either.

636031[/snapback]

They spent most of the time I listened driving in talking Sabres....I didn't listen the whole drive but I heard two full segments on it...

Give them a chance, tomorrow, Lindy Ruff is on at 8:00 am , the following day Danny Gare is on at 8:00 am and is every week. The station does have a good working relationship with the Sabres wgr the game broadcaster, and they do have the players on frequently and many very good forthcoming interviews. The station has its ups and downs but they are working on it.

The strength of local radio can be it gives young on air people a chance to learn and grow. Frankly Brad is a good example of this , as he gets more experience he is becoming a much better talk show host and radio person. The station in my opinion is much like people , sometimes they have their good days and sometimes they suck.

But its still nice to hear Buffalo folk talk Buffalo issues.