We should trade EM now while he still has value.

Look, this is a business. How old is Moulds? 32 soon to be 33? I am a big Moulds fan but it doesn't make too much sense keeping him. Not too much success is expected for the upcoming year. This team has too many holes to address at this point. To make matters worse, Moulds wants out badly, very badly. By the time that this team is any kind of serious post season threat, Moulds will be ancient. We have plenty of WRs but none of Moulds' caliber but our QB position and it's ability is still an unknown factor. The draft is our future and unfortunately, Moulds is quickly becoming our past. This may seem off the wall but it's meant just for anology. In the wildlife when the sick, weak and the old, and that's where Moulds is starting to approach, they get cut from the herd. Why wait when there is no value left? Let Moulds replace himself with a draft pick. The Eagles have a knack of parlaying their aging players BEFORE they have nothing left in their tanks. All I'm saying is that we're going to take our lumps this year to some degree. Why not minimize our growing pains for the future. With the right draft picks and selections we can load up our O-Line, strengthen our defense and utilize our adequate offensive weapons that we already posess. Make this a more defensive team with a ball control offense and eliminate the pressure on the QB position. With trading Moulds, I'm sure that we could get a possible 2nd or 3rd rd pick with possibly a second tier player for depth for him. With more cap money and draft pick(s), we will be able to reload with potentially good young talent for the near future. In addition to more cap money, we may even be able to afford and/or obtain a quality starter in free agency for another area of need.

I don't mean to beat this subject to death or to sound disloyal but I just think that alot of good could come out of this type of scenario, and not just for us but for Eric also.

You dont' know how bad anyone wants out or whatever...it's all speculation and here-say at this point. But with our QB situation, we need a solid #1 receiver to help out the yay-hoo's we have slingin it. I've said this before but if EMO isn't on the roster on opening day i'll be disappointed.

Would you use Moulds as a bargaining chip to move up in the draft? Either that or use a combination of picks to move up. We got an extra 3rd rder from the Travis Henry trade or we could use a pick from next year's draft. This Ferguson would definitely be someone to anchor our O-Line. A great ball control offense could help soften the blow of losing someone like Moulds. Just a thought. Here's a website, check him out.

http://greenbaypressgazette.packersnews.co..._25214200.shtml

I actually would use Moulds if we could move up and grab D'Brick or Mario Williams...other than those two i'm not so sure. I don't think a 3rd round pick is worth EMo, but if we could do that and use a combo of picks to move up I wouldn't be too upset. Bottom line is I want this team better opening day next year...however it has to happen. Oh and thanks i'll check out that link.

Once again, I love Moulds but he's starting to be too close to the end of his career. If we were to get a 2nd or 3rd rd pick for him then I say that maybe we could package that with our #8 pick to move up so we could get Ferguson. Moulds situation is different than Nate Clements. Nate is young and still has a good many years left. It's time to grab value for the long term, not just to think about the upcoming year. I think the Saints are the one we need to target. Gandy is long in the tooth and they may want to use their pick for his replacement. If we got a 2nd or 3rd rd pick for Moulds then I would gladly give our #8 pick, the 2nd or 3rd rder that we got for Moulds and MAYBE the latter of one of our 3rd rder for the #2 pick overall for Ferguson. The Saints would make that deal. We would still have our original draft picks and I would use the first day picks (a 2nd and 3rd rder) on replenishing our defense.

I bet that Green Bay and the Eagles would be interested trade partners for Moulds. Matter of fact, the Eagles have the #46 (2nd rd) and #78 (3rd rd) picks. I would be pretty sure that they wouldn't have any qualms with coughing up that #46 for Moulds. If my scenario could be accurate then Ferguson basicly just cost us Moulds and Henry, two disgruntled players. One who can't stay healthy and one who is on the wrong side of the hill. Yeah, I would do that for Ferguson in a heartbeat.

I don't know if a team would trade for Moulds right now. Every knows he wants out and that with us signing Davis, he is a bit more expendable. Most likely, an intersted party will just wait for him to get cut.

It would be nice if we could get a pick for him though...

I don't know if a team would trade for Moulds right now. Every knows he wants out and that with us signing Davis, he is a bit more expendable. Most likely, an intersted party will just wait for him to get cut.

635782[/snapback]

I was just going to post this! Any team would be foolish to trade for him now when he will be cut, unless they want to get the jump on another team - but highly unlikely.

Jeff

I was just going to post this! Any team would be foolish to trade for him now when he will be cut, unless they want to get the jump on another team - but highly unlikely.

Jeff

635786[/snapback]

This is the Key to being able to trade Moulds. Show teams we are able and willing to hold onto Moulds. Once teams see he will not be cut....then the trade possibilities develop.

Should we trade Moulds?? its a no brainer to clear up $5million in cap and pick up a day 1 pick.....

635782[/snapback]

I am very interested in hearing how signing a wideout who doesn't even have Josh Reeds numbers makes Eric Moulds expendable? Really?

Moulds is Miami bound as soon as he is released. Moulds wants a chance to win and knows this (Bills) franchise is as far from winning as any other team in the league. Moulds, Chambers, Culpepper, Brown and that defense? I think the end of the Pats run is upon us. :doh:

I clearly think Marv wants to trade Moulds. After TO, the market is thin for receivers and the draft has only one legitimate round #1 WR. Getting a #2 pick for him would be a windfall.

Marv knows this team is two years away and keeping a disgruntled Moulds around is no good for the team. He also knows if he cuts him it sends a bad message to potential free agents. Keep him until the market settles and tell his agent to find a trade partner preferably in a different division who has cap room (Minnesota ?, Chicago? ). Worst comes to worst, Moulds avgs 7 yards a catch for the 2006 Bills.

The problem with trading Moulds is his salary. I'm no genius on the NFL financial side of things, but wouldn't the other team then be responsible for his current salary? Which is way to high to be of any value to the trading team.

Thats exactly why everyone wants to get rid of him, to save salary space. Another team is not going to get themselves in the same situation. At this time, his trade value is nil.

The problem with trading Moulds is his salary.  I'm no genius on the NFL financial side of things, but wouldn't the other team then be responsible for his current salary?  Which is way to high to be of any value to the trading team. 

Thats exactly why everyone wants to get rid of him, to save salary space.  Another team is not going to get themselves in the same situation.  At this time, his trade value is nil.

635897[/snapback]

Trading him to a team in the same situation as the Bills (Limited cap space remaining, more holes to fill, etc.) would probably not happen. But trading him to a team desperate for a reciever to put them over the top and has cap room remaining would be possible with his current salary, but the team may require that the deal is dependent on Moulds taking a pay cut or renegotiate. Moulds has said he is willing to rework the contract for a contender, but does not want to take a pay cut with the bills.

A team like Philly, or Denver may be willing to trade for him cause they could use a receiver like Moulds to put them over the top and would want the jump on him before other teams can negotiate with him and drive his price up. Or a team like Arizona or Clevland might want a veteran receiver and have the cap space to bring him in on his current contract to make a deal possible.

The fact that he MAY get cut and the cap hit from his current salary may limit the teams interested in trading for him, or the overall return on his trade, or it might not. Buffalo did deal Travis Henry away for a third and he said he refused to play in Buffalo anymore. It didn't stop teams from going after him in a trade cause they assumed he would be cut.

I bet that Green Bay and the Eagles would be interested trade partners for Moulds. Matter of fact, the Eagles have the #46 (2nd rd) and #78 (3rd rd) picks. I would be pretty sure that they wouldn't have any qualms with coughing up that #46 for Moulds. If my scenario could be accurate then Ferguson basicly just cost us Moulds and Henry, two disgruntled players. One who can't stay healthy and one who is on the wrong side of the hill. Yeah, I would do that for Ferguson in a heartbeat.

635773[/snapback]

I'd send moulds and a 3rd to GB for Javon Walker. Doubt they'd do it tho.

Here's a couple of scenarios that wouldn't upset me. Trade Moulds and our 5th or 6th rd pick to the Eagles for SS Michael Lewis. In addition I would then trade our #8 pick, this year's 2nd rder and next year's 2nd rder to the Saints so we can select Ferguson. With our two 3rd rders should be able to net us a quality LB and another good O-Lineman or a decent DT. Draft picks aren't a lock, I rather obtain a proven young veteran and a blue chip OT. If this were accomplished then I would feel that we established a successful off season. These crap shoot draft picks and garbage FAs just ain't cutting it anymore.

As an opposing GM, you might wait for Moulds to be cut, but if I WERE a Denver or an Arizona and had cap room, I'd want the assurance he was coming to MY team, not my competitions', and offer a 2nd rounder (even if the Bills had to sweeten the pot with a midround pick). I think it's Denver that has two first rounders.

if we traded him the team we traded him to would have a huge cap hit.

he wont be traded even though he can still be a #1 for a team.

if we decide to let him go, we will cut him. i jsut hope we can keep him some how. i dont like the idea of evens being the #1 guy just yet.