ESPN NEWS reports Owens has signed

Buftex

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dallas has just wrecked their entire organization.

634290[/snapback]

I know it is cliche, and most here think Parcells is overrated, but if there is one coach in all the NFL who can deal with Owens, and keep him in line, it is Parcells.

One guy who I will bet is happy is Drew Bledsoe. This will likely extend his career another year of two...if not, it will be his own fault...he will have no excuses anymore...IMO, Bledsoe and Owens will be a pretty strong combo...

I know it is cliche, and most here think Parcells is overrated, but if there is one coach in all the NFL who can deal with Owens, and keep him in line, it is Parcells. 

One guy who I will bet is happy is Drew Bledsoe.  This will likely extend his career another year of two...if not, it will be his own fault...he will have no excuses anymore...IMO, Bledsoe and Owens will be a pretty strong combo...

634311[/snapback]

Yea right, Im thinking Antonio Bryant showed Parcells he aint what he used to be. Remember the sweaty shirt Bryant punk slap Parcells with? Yea, Parcells answer to that was "oh he'll be alright". Parcells=Punk

Fabini is washed-up. I was shuddering at the thought of the Bills signing him and being forced to start him.

As for TO, the Cowpies made a great move here. He's THE best WR in the NFL. And while he wants the ball, so too does every great WR. Furthermore I think he'll find it harder to give lip to a guy like Bledsoe, versus a guy like Garcia or McNabb. And as long as he doesn't get hurt again and/or get screwed by the Cowboys WRT money, he'll be fine. The whole situation in Philly unravelled when Owens came back early from injury to play in the SB, and then in the off-season the Eagles started talking about how they could cut him without too much of a hit, should he not come back.

TO's Contract

Owens, who was released by the Eagles on Tuesday, will earn a bonus of $5 million for this season and a base salary of $5 million, for total compensation of $10 million. Under his contract with the Eagles, Owens would have earned $8.52 million for 2006.

Dallas must then pay Owens a roster bonus of $3 million in March 2007 to retain him for that season, at a base salary of $5 million. There is another roster bonus of $3 million due in March 2008, and Owens has a base salary of $4 million for that year.

Under the terms of the seven-year, $49 million contract that Owens signed with Philadelphia after being traded to the Eagles in 2004, he would have earned $20.27 million for the 2006-2008 seasons. So there is the potential, should the contract with the Cowboys remain intact, for Owens to make nearly $5 million more in Dallas than he would have with the Eagles.

One guy who I will bet is happy is Drew Bledsoe.  This will likely extend his career another year of two...if not, it will be his own fault...he will have no excuses anymore...IMO, Bledsoe and Owens will be a pretty strong combo...

634311[/snapback]

When I heard the news on national radio, I was surprised to hear their take on it: Bledsoe was one of the few qb's with the toughness to stand up to TO and keep him in his place.

I never thought of him that way, but in hindsight I suppose it could be true. He was no Jim Kelly, but he wasn't afraid to get in the receivers face after a bad play. He certainly didn't shy away from Keyshawn last season, so maybe recognition of that was a part of Parcells decision.

How long before TO is complaing Bledsoe doesn't throw to him enough and demands more money? My guess is by the end of their first mini-camp. Watching TO and Jerry Jones together in that news conference made me want to hurl. Everything that is wrong with the NFL was on display in Dallas today. I hope TO sticks it to Jerry Jones repeatedly. Is there a more hateable team than Jerry Jones, Bill Parcells, TO, Drew Bledsoe and the rest of the Boys'?

Dallas must then pay Owens a roster bonus of $3 million in March 2007 to retain him for that season, at a base salary of $5 million. There is another roster bonus of $3 million due in March 2008, and Owens has a base salary of $4 million for that year.

I doubt Owens can see the last year of this contract. He will count about 10.2 million against Cowboys' cap on 2008. It's too high for a 35 years old wide receiver. Besides, Cowboys can save 7 miillion cap room by cutting Owens before 2008 season.

meh

i don't hate drew. if the bills couldn't to it i'd like to see bledsoe win a super bowl.

on the other hand, i do hate the cowboys, but i also kinda hate the giants and kinda hate the redskins.

hmmm

I love listening to the same Cowboy fans who wanted TO drawn and quartered 6 years ago for posing on the star now bending over to kiss his butt.

"Things will be different for TO this time around."

How many times are we gonna hear that. He will never learn as long as there's a team willing to reward him with millions.

could have had Owens for half the cost Moulds is demanding. If you saw Owens press conferences you realize the guy is ready to play nice. Any interview with the guy would have borne this out. And now Dallas goes from a marginal playoff team to a Super Bowl contender.

And what do we do in the mean time? Sign Packers 3rd string QB to a multi-million, multi-year deal! lol, like that will help. ;)