Bills flunking the free agency test

gflande1

Pickett could have solidified the middle of the Bills' defensive line, but they failed to offer the 310 pounder a good enough contract. Same old Bills?
Has that been confirmed anywhere beyond speculation? It might've been about more than money.

Has that been confirmed anywhere beyond speculation? It might've been about more than money.

632830[/snapback]

--Connor Byrne can be reached at cbyrne@realfootball365.com.

e-mail him. He'll gladly reply after getting home from school at 3 PM, except on Tuesdays and Thursdays when he has band practice. :D

The biggest problem I have with this article (and some people on here, which sometimes including me) is the assumption that the Bills are sitting on their hands. I wonder how many free agents have turned down even interviewing with the team. We will never know how active the Bills have actually been, the only thing we see is the players who have accepted our inventation. I fear that the team isnt very attractive for those players who either want to win now, or those who want a big pay day. Until we can start winning, or free spending like Washington, I believe it will be tough to attract the top quality free agents.

After saying that, I do feel comfortable with the players we have signed, even though most of them are purely depth.

e-mail him.  He'll gladly reply after getting home from school at 3 PM, except on Tuesdays and Thursdays when he has band practice.    :D

632834[/snapback]

:D

Poor Connor Byrne. :(

e-mail him.  He'll gladly reply after getting home from school at 3 PM, except on Tuesdays and Thursdays when he has band practice.    :D

632834[/snapback]

You know, I used to read the snippets when they were posted to TBD and chuckle at the flip-flopping this kid did. Goes to show that any schmoe with a web site can declare himself an "expert."

You know, I used to read the snippets when they were posted to TBD and chuckle at the flip-flopping this kid did.  Goes to show that any schmoe with a web site can declare himself an "expert."

632840[/snapback]

Ahh. I miss the good ol' days when that was particularly true.

I wonder whatever happened to the amateurs that ran gobills.com?

632830[/snapback]

Exactly. No one here seems to consider the fact that maybe pickett didnt want to come here, or really wanted to go to GB for whatever reason and was playing teams against one another for offers.

Just because a player signed elsewhere doesnt mean we didnt go all out for him. But that logic is beyond comprehension on 90% of posters here.

Exactly. No one here seems to consider the fact that maybe pickett didnt want to come here, or really wanted to go to GB for whatever reason and was playing teams against one another for offers.

Just because a player signed elsewhere doesnt mean we didnt go all out for him. But that logic is beyond comprehension on 90% of posters here.

632859[/snapback]

Amen

That guy sounds like he reads this board, takes the collective pulse, then collates the opinions into his article.  Not a whole lot of "insider" stuff there.  He sounds like one of us sounding off.

632836[/snapback]

You are dead on the money! I have suspected, and recently saw some evidence to the fact, that many sites like PFW and Scout use amatuer stringers they pay little or nothing. So they wind up with web geeks who just absorb the fan vibe and spew it out. Or better yet, find the raw nerve and rub it up to generate some controversey. I'm sure guys like Connor Byrne and Pat Moran aspire to write for ESPN or SI someday. But for now they have to settle for the "Weekly World News" of sports websites!

PTR

Sorry if already posted, found this to be spot on.

Link

632796[/snapback]

It's amazing how many people are ready to crucify Marv and co. for not signing anyone and everyone. I prefer the pragmatic approach they are taking. There will be a chance to fill some holes in the draft and then there will be more folks available after June 1st. But no, we need to do everything right now or we are doomed. What a bunch of idiots.

You are dead on the money!  I have suspected, and recently saw some evidence to the fact, that many sites like PFW and Scout use amatuer stringers they pay little or nothing.  So they wind up with web geeks who just absorb the fan vibe and spew it out.  Or better yet, find the raw nerve and rub it up to generate some controversey.  I'm sure guys like Connor Byrne and Pat Moran aspire to write for ESPN or SI someday.  But for now they have to settle for the "Weekly World News" of sports websites!

PTR

632876[/snapback]

Yes you are correct. IOn quite a few of these sites, you can volunteer to be a writer and ocver your favorite team. Sure you wont get paid, but you get to write and your articles show up on the website. Its all fan stuff, and since little connor got grounded from playing in his tree house, he got mad and wrote bad things about the bills.

You are dead on the money!  I have suspected, and recently saw some evidence to the fact, that many sites like PFW and Scout use amatuer stringers they pay little or nothing.  So they wind up with web geeks who just absorb the fan vibe and spew it out.  Or better yet, find the raw nerve and rub it up to generate some controversey.  I'm sure guys like Connor Byrne and Pat Moran aspire to write for ESPN or SI someday.  But for now they have to settle for the "Weekly World News" of sports websites!

PTR

632876[/snapback]

Gotta give the man (or kid) props for "the putrid Benny Anderson". That made me chuckle.

PTR

632876[/snapback]

This guy probably posts on the board. Ive read a few of his articles and they all sound like a Bills fan is writing them.