Bills flunking the free agency test

gflande1

Exactly. No one here seems to consider the fact that maybe pickett didnt want to come here, or really wanted to go to GB for whatever reason and was playing teams against one another for offers.

Just because a player signed elsewhere doesnt mean we didnt go all out for him.

632859[/snapback]

I agree. I'm pretty sure before any FA player comes in for a visit that preliminary discussions are held between the team and the player's agent, and that money is part of the discussion. If neither side is close, there won't be a visit (unless there are ulterior motives, like playing 1 team against the other as you mention).

Exactly. No one here seems to consider the fact that maybe pickett didnt want to come here, or really wanted to go to GB for whatever reason and was playing teams against one another for offers.

Just because a player signed elsewhere doesnt mean we didnt go all out for him. But that logic is beyond comprehension on 90% of posters here.

632859[/snapback]

I find it even more depressing that we're not as attractive a place to play as Green Bay. I think that has to make us the leat attractive team in football, who also happens to be pretty cheap. That's depressing.

can you imagine being interviewed by Marv and Ralph......they would talk about how an onion in their belt was the style at the time.

:D

632828[/snapback]

An onion in their belt and a new Sunday bonnet for the Misses.

And dag gummit, that's the way they likes it!

Well, I remember being annoyed that the Sabres didn't sign anyone big and look how they've turned out so far.

Yeah, yeah...the NHL and NFL are different, but this doesn't mean it can't happen. The players can buy into the coaching schemes and work as a team and be successful. It's not all that far-fetched.

--Connor Byrne can be reached at cbyrne@realfootball365.com.

e-mail him.  He'll gladly reply after getting home from school at 3 PM, except on Tuesdays and Thursdays when he has band practice.    :lol:

632834[/snapback]

This guy's a pud --- he might be worse than the dipstick that writes for Buffalobills.com

You are dead on the money!  I have suspected, and recently saw some evidence to the fact, that many sites like PFW and Scout use amatuer stringers they pay little or nothing.  So they wind up with web geeks who just absorb the fan vibe and spew it out.  Or better yet, find the raw nerve and rub it up to generate some controversey.  I'm sure guys like Connor Byrne and Pat Moran aspire to write for ESPN or SI someday.  But for now they have to settle for the "Weekly World News" of sports websites!

PTR

632876[/snapback]

Maybe true for Scout.com, Rivals.com, etc., but the Pro Football Weekly Bills beat writer is Chuck Pollock. No amateur there.