Jason Fabini

5 Wide

"Buffalo will host two more free agents today, left tackle Jason Fabini of the New York Jets and Packers third-string quarterback Craig Nall. " Per the Buffalo News

Lets hope the boys make Fabini feel at home and plug a hole on this team

"Buffalo will host two more free agents today, left tackle Jason Fabini of the New York Jets and Packers third-string quarterback Craig Nall. "  Per the Buffalo News

Lets hope the boys make Fabini feel at home and plug a hole on this team

631789[/snapback]

I'd take fabini!

Was he hurt last year, cuase it says he only played 5 games last season, but it also says he's a rookie so the NFL.com's site might be messed up.

631894[/snapback]

I believe in was a torn pec and a knee injury.

* He has also met with the Pats and the Bucs but left without a contract.

Signing Fabini would placate the fans clamoring to fix the OL.

However, realistically may actually be a step backwards since Fabini can't stay on the field due to serious injuries.

Any contract should refelct expectations that he will only play at most 2 years and may not be healthy enough to keep for 2006.

Bills still need to build OL thru the draft, with any vets only stop gap solutions.

At one time Fabini was considered a very good and indespencible (sp) player....

We could do worse then having a veteran duo of Fabini at LT and Gandy at LG.....I think it would solidify the position...it just wouldn't be one of the top duo's in the league.....

I dont care of about flair....I want some guys who will pass and run block with some consistancy

Confirmed by BB.com that Fabini is visiting today with Bowen and DeVries.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=3651

No love for Craig "Megastar" Nall yet.

Fabini is a LT with oodles of experience as a starter...look at the remaining FAs available, he's the best LT option left. Hopefully we can get him.

If I'm reading these game logs correctly, he hasn't played in two years?  Is that correct?

632000[/snapback]

Don't trust ESPN.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/12356

And to answer a previous caller, Fabini stayed on the field despite a knee injury last season, albeit switching from LT to RT so he wouldn't have to deal with the premium speed rushers. Then he tore a pec and went on IR -- the first time in six years he didn't play a full 16-game schedule.

Signing Fabini would placate the fans clamoring to fix the OL.

However, realistically may actually be a step backwards since Fabini can't stay on the field due to serious injuries.

Any contract should refelct expectations that he will only play at most 2 years and may not be healthy enough to keep for 2006.

Bills still need to build OL thru the draft, with any vets only stop gap solutions.

631978[/snapback]

He's only 28 and most of his years he started all 16 games. Last year he did have an injury though. I think he would be a great pick up IMHO.

He's only 28 and most of his years he started all 16 games. Last year he did have an injury though. I think he would be a great pick up IMHO.

632059[/snapback]

Actually, he turns 32 this August. Other than that, agreed.

Fabini is a LT with oodles of experience as a starter...look at the remaining FAs available, he's the best LT option left.  Hopefully we can get him.

632034[/snapback]

Not me, I don't want him... majority of Jets fans say he's beyond washed up.

I'd rather see:

1. Peters at LT and go after Runyan OR

2. Keep Gandy at LT for another year and go after Neal.

I think we need to add at least 1 half-way decent FA OL... pretty sure we'll be drafting 1-2 OL on day 1. Bottom line, I think the OL will be upgraded, though not close to matching everyone's expectations. Rome wasn't built in a day. :devil:

And they say South Florida is God's waiting room?

:devil:

632079[/snapback]

Seven out of ten starting O-linemen in last month's Pro Bowl are in their thirties, including two quite a bit older than Fabini.

But don't let that stop you...

Seven out of ten starting O-linemen in last month's Pro Bowl are in their thirties, including two quite a bit older than Fabini.

But don't let that stop you...

632151[/snapback]

it's not his age- it's his health

which is not good.

He may play hurt, but he is ineffective.

Due to his injuries he can't move well enough to play LT anymore.

This would be another panic "name" signing which actually makes the OL worse.