New mock draft from SI

I bet the Cards would be drooling over Vernon Davis at #10. Man, that would be some offensive firepower.

Of course, they are the Cardinals, so we could expect some bizarre electrolysis accident, a couple arrests like the RB they signed last year who was arrested in Sky Harbor Airport for stealing someone's laptop, and another 5-11 season.

I love the pick but if we still need OLine guys by draft time we have to trade back.

629788[/snapback]

You might be right. But the draft doesn't end in Round 1. It appears this year there are more Offensive Linemen than usual with very high ratings. The 42nd pick (our second rounder) could still give us one hell of a lineman. We need to pick the best player... God knows I don't know who that is. I happen to like Winston Justice as much as Ferguson but I am a minority of one. Justice seems to me a much better run blocker and Ferguson the far superior pass blocker.

Yeah right the Bills will sign a LB. :(:( Crowell proved last year he could play LB and play it well. He will take Posey's spot next season.

i don't know that crowell could play the strong side, but who knows. still i'd hate to see the bills pass on davis to take a LB.

Yeah right the Bills will sign a LB. :(:( Crowell proved last year he could play LB and play it well. He will take Posey's spot next season.

i don't know that crowell could play the strong side, but who knows. still i'd hate to see the bills pass on davis to take a LB.

629810[/snapback]

If somehow, by the grace of God, Hawk drops to the Bills, they will take him. He is as close to a sure thing impact player as anybody in this draft.

Oh, sure......make me click on the link.  :(

629928[/snapback]

Its not like its the pixi guy!

Something is very odd about this draft, but I cant put my finger on it, yet everything makes sense....except maybe tenesee taking cutler.

Oh, and i thought SF had a LT...hmm....

I would be stoked if the draft went like this...unless this means we have to watch brady quinns sister every game.

Its not like its the pixi guy!

Something is very odd about this draft, but I cant put my finger on it, yet everything makes sense....except maybe tenesee taking cutler.

Oh, and i thought SF had a LT...hmm....

I would be stoked if the draft went like this...unless this means we have to watch brady quinns sister every game.

629933[/snapback]

I dont remember where exactaly I heard it from but there was talk of the niners moving Jonas Jennings to rt and their rt to guard, If thats the case the niners drafting a lt makes sense. They have a lot of holes to fill. They could go in several different directions.

629810[/snapback]

I think Hawk is the best overall guy on the board- I'd love it!

I think Hawk is the best overall guy on the board- I'd love it!

629977[/snapback]

Mario Williams is the best overall player in this draft, but hawk is great in his own right. If he fell to 8 that would have to be the guy. I like Crowell but Hawk is gonna be an all pro.

Of course, they are the Cardinals, so we could expect some bizarre electrolysis accident, a couple arrests like the RB they signed last year who was arrested in Sky Harbor Airport for stealing someone's laptop, and another 5-11 season.

629797[/snapback]

Kellen Winslow of 2006?

I would think that the Raiders would make a serious push to trade with the Saints so that they could draft Leinart. The Raiders are very vunerable right now at this position and a California boy wouldn't them at the gate neither. The Jets could surprise people and draft Vernon Davis. This guy looks exceptional and all they really have is Jolly. If this were to happen and the chips were to fall right for the Saints, they could still land up with Mario Williams and a ton of picks. Worse case scenario if Williams were to be gone they'd still land up with a great defensive player, whether it be Ngata or Hawk.

Ok, people that say..." We have Crowell....no need for Hawk".

If Derrick Brooks in his prime walked into 1 Bills Drive....would you turn him away because you have Angelo Crowell?

When you pick 8th in the draft, you better get an impact player. You don't pick and choose because this one season you MIGHT need more help on the defensive line. You take the BEST player available...because these number 1 picks are the foundation of your team. 2 years from now when Fletcher is on his last leg, Posey is a distant memory, and Spikes is 31...AJ Hawk would look ultra-intelligent.

if you look at the other models of a cover two, then crowell could be a SLM, it is more required that he be a good athlete. comparing Posey to Crowell is like comparing Pam Anderson to Glen close. While Pam looks the part, if you are going to make a good movie you don't put her in as a lead. unless it's a home movie.

Hawk is a good player, and he would be a impact player, and year after year a pro bowler. But if we don't draft him, then I think we'll be fine with crowell, or even Stamer plaing strongside.