Would you trade Moulds and a 2nd

I still feel Moulds has some trade value because if he's released multiple teams will be vying for his services. If one team wants to guarantee they get him then a trade would be the only way to do so. As for his contract if we honor his request to be traded and it happens to be to a playoff contender with a QB I would think he would be willing to work with the new team.

Atlanta could use some help at WR, and our interest in McCown shows the Bills aren't necessarily content with Kelly and JP. The price for Schaub would be high but given the strength of this draft class our 2nd rounder probably equals out to be a late 1st most other years. Combine that with Moulds and it might just be enough to pry him out of Atlanta’s grasp.

Thoughts? Good? Bad? Any offensive line comments?

No way would I even trade just a second for Schaub. The Bills should get at the very least a sixth round pick for Moulds, which would replace the pick they would lose to the Cards if they sign RFA Wells today.

Do you realize what he is scheduled to make this year?

Moulds has zero trade value!!!!!!!!!!!

a second rounder for Schaub?? Give me a freakin break.....

Brees is free, McCown is free, Kerry Collins free,

Culpepper's asking price is a second rounder and you are saying we send a second rounder for Schaub? NOT!!!

I still feel Moulds has some trade value because if he's released multiple teams will be vying for his services.  If one team wants to guarantee they get him then a trade would be the only way to do so. As for his contract if we honor his request to be traded and it happens to be to a playoff contender with a QB I would think he would be willing to work with the new team.

Atlanta could use some help at WR, and our interest in McCown shows the Bills aren't necessarily content with Kelly and JP.  The price for Schaub would be high but given the strength of this draft class our 2nd rounder probably equals out to be a late 1st most other years. Combine that with Moulds and it might just be enough to pry him out of Atlanta’s grasp.

628442[/snapback]

2 things

i don't think Atlanta would want to part with Schaub. He's the best insurance policy a team could have. They will resign him or tender him an offer next offseason that would require a team to give up a first and third

Why would they want moulds? They have a young core of 1st / 2nd rounders that needs experience

I would love to find a way to get Schaub, but ATL would be crazy to let him go!

I still feel Moulds has some trade value because if he's released multiple teams will be vying for his services.  If one team wants to guarantee they get him then a trade would be the only way to do so. As for his contract if we honor his request to be traded and it happens to be to a playoff contender with a QB I would think he would be willing to work with the new team.

Atlanta could use some help at WR, and our interest in McCown shows the Bills aren't necessarily content with Kelly and JP.  The price for Schaub would be high but given the strength of this draft class our 2nd rounder probably equals out to be a late 1st most other years. Combine that with Moulds and it might just be enough to pry him out of Atlanta’s grasp.

628442[/snapback]

I'm not in favor of giving up Premuim Draft Picks under any circumstances...Let alone for a QB who is not close to proven...

If the names on the other side of the Trade are Brady, Manning, or Big Ben...Then I would consider it... :(

Absolutely not... don't want Matt Scrub.

I would trade Moulds for Scrub straight-up if I had another team I could ship Scrub to, & I would definitely trade Moulds to the Falcons for a draft pick... obviously the higher the better, but I'd take a 7.

Do you realize what he is scheduled to make this year?

Moulds has zero trade value!!!!!!!!!!!

a second rounder for Schaub?? Give me a freakin break.....

Brees is free, McCown is free, Kerry Collins free,

Culpepper's asking price is a second rounder and you are saying we send a second rounder for Schaub? NOT!!!

628450[/snapback]

Brees is Free? Good Luck signing him. Collins has lost it, we never knew if Culpepper ever had it to begin with, and if he did if it will return post injury. McCown is the only other legitimate guy I see on that list but even then I just feel Schaub has the better future.

This place can be ridiculous sometimes. For several years the board is incredibly skewed toward favoring QB's. Now it's so skewed to favoring every other position but QB you would think it's the QB was the kicker. Last time I checked we not only suck on the line but we aren't exactly set at QB either. If adding Schaub for a 2nd increases our chance of finding "the man" by even 20% is it that crazy?

I wouldn't trade Moulds and a 2nd for Schaub. But Moulds for Schaub straight up? You'd have to be downright retarded not to do it.

Schaub has showed many to be a guy who has a lot of potential. Unlike Losman, Schaub has actually CONSISTENTLY played well when giving the opportunity.

I'm not giving up on Losman, but we don't know what we have in him. If Losman falls on his face this season, we need to let him go. We definitely should go after another QB for insurance. Schaub would fit the bill because he wouldn't be someone like Brees that MUST start.

If we are going to release him anyways, why wouldn't we entertain a trade like that if it was available?

Brees is Free? Good Luck signing him. Collins has lost it, we never knew if Culpepper ever had it to begin with, and if he did if it will return post injury. McCown is the only other legitimate guy I see on that list but even then I just feel Schaub has the better future.

This place can be ridiculous sometimes. For several years the board is incredibly skewed toward favoring QB's. Now it's so skewed to favoring every other position but QB you would think it's the QB was the kicker.  Last time I checked we not only suck on the line but we aren't exactly set at QB either.  If adding Schaub for a 2nd increases our chance of finding "the man" by even 20% is it that crazy?

628470[/snapback]

I would take Schaub. They should have drafted him when he came out.

They should also seriously consider Ramsey for a 6th round pick.

This place can be ridiculous sometimes. For several years the board is incredibly skewed toward favoring QB's. Now it's so skewed to favoring every other position but QB you would think it's the QB was the kicker. Last time I checked we not only suck on the line but we aren't exactly set at QB either. If adding Schaub for a 2nd increases our chance of finding "the man" by even 20% is it that crazy?

628470[/snapback]

Check the response you are getting to your ridiculous post then look in the mirror and think about whose thinking process is skewed.

His trade value may not be high, but he still has trade value. The onlty reson his value isn't really big, is because teams may be willing to wait to see if he gets released. As was said earlier though, a team may be willing to deal for him now so they don't have to go through a bidding war to get him in FA and know once he is on the team, they may be able to get him to restructure his deal (he said he is not opposed to taking a pay cut for a contendor)

I was all for keeping him until about a week ago (and that was at his current cost) but after hearing all his crying and whining about not wanting to take a pay cut or restructure his deal, and now demanding a trade, good riddance, I hope your career goes the same route as Peerless "I'm a #1 receiver" Price.

OK...if he has trade value tell me what it is !!

628621[/snapback]

I also think he has some trade value. But not much.

Team's that are actively shopping players like Phili and their DT would look at Moulds i'm sure.

Basically what i'm saying is that if there are teams looking to get rid of players like us, I could see us swapping.

Two things hurts EM trade value. Teams know we likely will release him anyway, so they'll just wait us out. And as soon as we start talking trade then teams know for certain he's not in our plans, so gives them more reason to wait us out.

Secondly his contract is not worth picking up in a trade. Yes, by trading for him you gain exclusive rights to him as opposed to competing for him if he's a FA. But at $7mil, not likely worth it. You could probeably sign him for $7 mil including a bonus spread over a minimum of two years even if you decide by next season he's a flop. You trade for him, unles he agrees to re-do his contract (which I think he might) he's a $7 mil hit

Check the response you are getting to your ridiculous post then look in the mirror and think about whose thinking process is skewed.

Yeah, cause the brainchilds around here are certainly the way people should judge themselves.

Moulds and a second is a bit high, but anyone who has seen Shaub play knows he has proven himself more than Losman...or Holcomb for that matter. Shaub is a good QB who will prove himself once he gets away form Atlanta. He is very comfortable on the field, makes great reads, and throws the ball accurately both long and short. I'd give up a third for him no problem.

Yeah, cause the brainchilds around here are certainly the way people should judge themselves. 

Moulds and a second is a bit high, but anyone who has seen Shaub play knows he has proven himself more than Losman...or Holcomb for that matter.  Shaub is a good QB who will prove himself once he gets away form Atlanta.  He is very comfortable on the field, makes great reads, and throws the ball accurately both long and short.  I'd give up a third for him no problem.

628851[/snapback]

Sine you are chiming in with your valued opinion.....

Should we trade a number two pick and Moulds for Matt Shaub....yes or no?

Personally, I think it would be asnine.