If EM wants out so badly.

Can he copy what Arrington did by returning his guaranteed money i/e signing bonus?      Just a thought.

627820[/snapback]

Hell no he's not going to do that...2 words....Child Support

You guys sound pathetic. Do you really hate him that much? It's a BUSINESS...EMO has already said he'll take a pay cut but not to stay with the Bills. Why would that make any sense? Take a pay cut to stay with a rebuilding team with one sh------- quarterback and one career back up quarterback that can't pass the ball to save their lives?! It makes a whole lot more sense for EMO to get released...then sign somewhere for less money to PLAY WITH A CONTENDER. The Bills won't be competing for the Super Bowl next year or the year after. Bottom line is the Bills are the ones that signed Eric to that contract...now when it's time to pay up the chunks, they don't wanna. Maybe if JP Losman didn't suck so bad he'd want to stay in Buffalo.

You guys sound pathetic. Do you really hate him that much? It's a BUSINESS...EMO has already said he'll take a pay cut but not to stay with the Bills. Why would that make any sense? Take a pay cut to stay with a rebuilding team with one sh------- quarterback and one career back up quarterback that can't pass the ball to save their lives?! It makes a whole lot more sense for EMO to get released...then sign somewhere for less money to PLAY WITH A CONTENDER. The Bills won't be competing for the Super Bowl next year or the year after. Bottom line is the Bills are the ones that signed Eric to that contract...now when it's time to pay up the chunks, they don't wanna. Maybe if JP Losman didn't suck so bad he'd want to stay in Buffalo.

628014[/snapback]

In a less cantankerous manner, I have to agree. I might not have the volumes of football knowledge most here do, but if EM had a quarterback he could synch with, and hope of a championship in the next three years, I think something would have worked out. He probably doesn't have a lot of seasons left. Man has/had talent. With a different scenario he'd be a HOF candidate. Not going to happen now. Probably plays on his mind. How many years of mediocrity should someone who has maybe a max of a 15 year career put up with?

Good luck, Eric, where ever you go. Last man from the good old days.

628014[/snapback]

absolutely. i simply can't understand why fans get so angry when players start treating the league for what it is -- a business that often inflicts lifelong debilitating injuries.

I'd have more sympathy for Eric if he:

1. Weren't a waste of space for his first 2 years in the NFL.

2. Didn't show up every other year (and don't give me the QB excuse, since he had a breakout year in 1998 with Flutie, but followed it up with a sub-1,000 yard year the following year, AGAIN with Flutie).

3. Hadn't signed a contract 5 years ago that made him the highest-paid WR in the NFL to date.

4. Had taken a paycut at anytime in the past.

5. Came up to Buffalo to workout during the off-seasons with the QB's, particularly JP last off-season, even though Lee did it.

6. Didn't pull that stunt in the Miami game, that cost them the win.

The Bills owe Eric nothing and he owes them nothing. But the Bills own his rights.

absolutely. i simply can't understand why fans get so angry when players start treating the league for what it is -- a business that often inflicts lifelong debilitating injuries.

628052[/snapback]

Count me as one who is not angry. But to simply release him would not be correct. I would rather he be traded. If it is a business, let both sides treat as such and not simply let him go 'cos he has been a 'loyal soldier'.

Count me as one who is not angry. But to simply release him would not be correct. I would rather he be traded. If it is a business, let both sides treat as such and not simply let him go 'cos he has been a 'loyal soldier'.

628086[/snapback]

Oh, don't get me wrong. Get all you can for him.

In a less cantankerous manner, I have to agree. I might not have the volumes of football knowledge most here do, but if EM had a quarterback he could synch with, and hope of a championship in the next three years, I think something would have worked out. He probably doesn't have a lot of seasons left. Man has/had talent. With a different scenario he'd be a HOF candidate. Not going to happen now. Probably plays on his mind. How many years of mediocrity should someone who has maybe a max of a 15 year career put up with?

Good luck, Eric, where ever you go. Last man from the good old days.

628044[/snapback]

Very well said.

Bottom line is the Bills are the ones that signed Eric to that contract...now when it's time to pay up the chunks, they don't wanna. Maybe if JP Losman didn't suck so bad he'd want to stay in Buffalo.

Dont forgwt Eric agreed to this contract aswell..it works both ways...dosent matter who plays QB or how good the team is, he still should play and not sit himself out and throw hissy fits...granted we all get p1ssed at our jobs once in a while but still, if we up and quit or ask to be released we dont get paid anything after we do quit..as far as the team trying to get him to restructure, thats business also.

628014[/snapback]

Yes, let's throw the rookie under the bus again. Lord knows this board needs more of that.

Eric's situation has nothing do with JP!!! Holcomb didn't do much better. Have you forgotten where the real problems lie???

:(

Eric's situation has nothing to do with JP? Are you crazy? Do you think Moulds would take a pay cut if the Bills had a proven, consistent quarterback? I do...he's said he wants to play for a contender. Our quarterbacks being JP Losman and Kelly Holcomb certainly have something to do with us lacking playoff and super bowl contention.

MadBuffaloDisease...I think the secondary cost us that game buddy. Besides, who knows what really happened on the sidelines that led to EMO's one game suspension. Nate Clements had a radio interview a few weeks back and said that EMo's situation was nothing compared to the other stuff going on last season. Stop making Moulds out to be the villain.