Pasquerelli said Wilson was right!

KRT88

Len Pasquerelli said this morning on WGR that Ralph Wilson is his new hero because:

1. he was 100% right, the new CBA is a bad deal for low revenue teams

2. It was too complex and explained for too fast, he heard others owners did not understand it but did say so.

3. The low revenue teams, like Jax. just folded and gave in. Only Wilson and Brown held true.

Shame in six years the NFL will be in bad shape.

Len Pasquerelli said this morning on WGR that Ralph Wilson is his new hero because:

2. It was too complex and explained for too fast, he heard others owners did not understand it but did say so.

3. The low revenue teams, like Jax. just folded and gave in.  Only Wilson and Brown held true.

626779[/snapback]

I'm callin' out JoeSixPack!!!!!!!!!! :(

3. The low revenue teams, like Jax. just folded and gave in.  Only Wilson and Brown held true.

626779[/snapback]

Yeah, when Wilson explained himself in the Buffalo News he sounded pretty good. I'm just surprised that the Rooney's and a couple of other small market teams went in the direction of Jones and gang also.

Surprising!

Wilson is going to come out of this looking very smart.

At best, all this agreement does is defer these issue. I think I read that either the NFL or the NFLPA can opt out of the agreement at or around 2008.

Good for Ralph for sticking to his guns.

626779[/snapback]

Pasquerelli's a genius again. Don't worry, we'll go back to calling him Pastabelly and saying how stupid he is by noon.

Again, it wasn't the "no" vote that bothered me as much as his reaction afterward. he sounded confused and out of control.

626842[/snapback]

"It was too complex and explained for too fast, he heard others owners did not understand it but did say so."

Gee, it only took him several days...don't want to take a bold step until you see which way the wind blows, eh, Lenny?

:(

626821[/snapback]

I don't believe Lenny was one of the ESPN clowns that was bashing Ralph. The guys who have to rely on team sources like him usually refrain from pissing insiders off so much that they lose access. That's the job of the TV and radio "personalities," who could care less about what they say because it's all gone with the wind the instant it's out of their mouths.

Wilson is going to come out of this looking very smart.

At best, all this agreement does is defer these issue.  I think I read that either the NFL or the NFLPA can opt out of the agreement at or around 2008.

Good for Ralph for sticking to his guns.

626811[/snapback]

And the hot pocket crowd say Ralph is too old and the game has passed him by ! CI just love the hot pocket crowd ! :(

When are people going to learn that cronological age has very little to do with anything.

Again, it wasn't the "no" vote that bothered me as much as his reaction afterward. he sounded confused and out of control.

626842[/snapback]

What he did was stumble through a cynical statement, filling in the blanks it would read something like "I was apparently the only one there who couldn't read the last proposal in its entirety and feel comfortable with the contents enough to vote in 45 minutes. Guess that makes me a drop-out." As in, if those other guys can do it (which of course they couldn't, and didn't, they were just desperate to get a deal done...), they must be smarter than me. What's so out of control about that? Sounds like he was more in control than the other low-market guys who were willing to make a "bad deal" just to get a deal done...

I don't believe Lenny was one of the ESPN clowns that was bashing Ralph.  The guys who have to rely on team sources like him usually refrain from pissing insiders off so much that they lose access.  That's the job of the TV and radio "personalities," who could care less about what they say because it's all gone with the wind the instant it's out of their mouths.

626875[/snapback]

Yes, I know that. For decades. :(

Pasquerelli's a genius again.  Don't worry, we'll go back to calling him Pastabelly and saying how stupid he is by noon.

626839[/snapback]

profootballtalk.com (cough cough) is essentially saying the same thing - that the deal is bad and that the players rolled the owners. maybe old ralphie knows something (and perhaps i jumped to conclusions about his acuity last week).

I think the low revenue teams are just whining. It seems everyone of the three factions (players union, high rev teams, low rev teams) wanted it all. The players surely won, but all they won is a higher percentage of WAY higher revenue in total. Good for them.

The high rev teams had a legitimate argument on a lot of points. Ralph is wrong to say he wants a share of the ancilliary revenues and then not sell his stadium naming rights. It wouldn't matter much as far as real money went but it is the principle of it. The deal allows him to make a ton of money and field a competitive team in the city of his choice for 6 more years. He can pay huge signing bonuses in cash like everyone else, it's a bunch of hogwash that he can't.

The low rev teams wanted too much, because they aren't putting up the huge money and having to pay back loans. The deal came back with the low rev teams simply not going to make AS MANY millions as they wanted, but they will easily be able to compete and can spend whatever they want. Some of Ralph's bitching is because he is cheap on certain things that he shouldn't be, like bonuses and coaches.

Ultimately, the low rev teams got the deal done which allows them to stay in the game. The high rev teams didnt get everything they wanted but can keep a lot of their own money generated. And the players got a huge windfall (that the owners just got, too, from the new TV deals). It was a win-win-win, just not everyone got everything they wanted.

I think the low revenue teams are just whining. It seems everyone of the three factions (players union, high rev teams, low rev teams) wanted it all. The players surely won, but all they won is a higher percentage of WAY higher revenue in total. Good for them.

The high rev teams had a legitimate argument on a lot of points. Ralph is wrong to say he wants a share of the ancilliary revenues and then not sell his stadium naming rights. It wouldn't matter much as far as real money went but it is the principle of it. The deal allows him to make a ton of money and field a competitive team in the city of his choice for 6 more years. He can pay huge signing bonuses in cash like everyone else, it's a bunch of hogwash that he can't.

The low rev teams wanted too much, because they aren't putting up the huge money and having to pay back loans. The deal came back with the low rev teams simply not going to make AS MANY millions as they wanted, but they will easily be able to compete and can spend whatever they want. Some of Ralph's bitching is because he is cheap on certain things that he shouldn't be, like bonuses and coaches.

Ultimately, the low rev teams got the deal done which allows them to stay in the game. The high rev teams didnt get everything they wanted but can keep a lot of their own money generated. And the players got a huge windfall (that the owners just got, too, from the new TV deals). It was a win-win-win, just not everyone got everything they wanted.

627021[/snapback]

What happens if your low-rev teams say "f*g it, they can't take away my franchise, I can cut my expenses to the bone, I want to extract as much of today's $$$ out of the business as I can, and invest it elsewhere and I don't give a da*n where I ply my business"?

What happens if your low-rev teams say "f*g it, they can't take away my franchise, I can cut my expenses to the bone, I want to extract as much of today's $$$ out of the business as I can, and invest it elsewhere and I don't give a da*n where I ply my business"?

627040[/snapback]

You become the Arizona Cardinals...(pre-Edge, that is!)

627040[/snapback]

No wonder you live in Cincinnati. :( Well, first off, there are minimums the teams must spend on the cap, just not maximums. And why would anyone ever do this? The savings of the millions for the one person would never be worth the public and private humiliation and abuse that person would receive.