Moulds almost certainly gone with Davis signed

freester

if that happens, we are in trouble.

625421[/snapback]

I wish I had more personal knowledge of Davis. Everything I read says that he is not a number 2 WR. I'm not sure Evans/Davis/Parrish is a great thing.

Wrong. Just ask Soprano. :blink: Really though, Marv said signing Davis has nothing to do with Moulds and still wants to keep him.

625423[/snapback]

I'll believe it when I see it. If the Bills were just wanting to add a little depth at WR, it probably would have been a whole lot cheaper to add a rookie in the middle of the draft.

Now that Andre Davis has signed, I think Moulds will be released or traded.  We still have numerous needs and require additional cap room.  Marv is going for the youth movement.

625417[/snapback]

My guess is that this is Josh Reed's replacement -- not Moulds'...you keep Aiken because of the special teams ability and he is relatively cheap...no one will want to give up a 4th to get Aiken which is what it will take.

My guess is that this is Josh Reed's replacement -- not Moulds'...you keep Aiken because of the special teams ability and he is relatively cheap...no one will want to give up a 4th to get Aiken which is what it will take.

625435[/snapback]

Which makes our top 5 WRs Moulds/Evans/Davis/Parrish/Aiken (Fast Freddie in case of injury). That's a nice group.

Doubtful.  Aiken is a RFA,  I believe,  so it would be very easy to retain him if all they wanted was a STs player.

625433[/snapback]

I meant he can also fill SA's ST role and contribute a heck of a lot more to the WR position than SA.

Sorry....I was too vague on my post.

I kind of like an Evans-Davis-Parrish WR trio. Lots of youth and speed, at the very least!

As for Moulds, he needs to go. Our offense has sucked with him for a long time, and we can certainly suck without him. But actually, we just might get better by devoting his $5.5 million savings towards a new center and tackle.

Now that Andre Davis has signed, I think Moulds will be released or traded.  We still have numerous needs and require additional cap room.  Marv is going for the youth movement.

625417[/snapback]

The Davis signing doesn't signal the end of anything. Josh Reed wasn't signed and as far as I know Aiken hasn't either. Even if he does that leaves us with Moulds/Evans/Parrish/Aiken. Only two of those WR's have shown they belong in the NFL as a WR, so what do you do if one of them gets hurt? All this shows to me is the new regime is not comfortable staying put with players the old regime drafted. We needed depth at WR in case Roscoe doesn’t develop. Enter in Davis who can play the 2 spot if necessary but is much better suited as a three. I just refuse to believe that Buffalo would try so hard to resign Moulds, as it appears they’re doing, yet think they can replace him with a guy who spent most of last year at the bottom of New Englands depth chart.

625435[/snapback]

Agreed on all that...

With a speed guy like Davis, we could sign a Brian Finneran and jettison Moulds. My guess is that they are going to keep Moulds for now and see if they need his salary cap money for a OL or a DT or a safety. Right now they don't. And if they want a guy and they agree on the money they will sign him and release Moulds the same day.

I do agree, however, that the Davis signing was a replacement for Reed and probably didnt cost the Bills much at all.

625435[/snapback]

Agreed

I'll believe it when I see it.  If the Bills were just wanting to add a little depth at WR,  it probably would have been a whole lot cheaper to add a rookie in the middle of the draft.

625430[/snapback]

yeah but we have no experience then, at least in playig time besides evans

Pats fans say he is an excellant ST'er....maybe he's Aikens replacement?

625431[/snapback]

I hope not, Aiken was a pretty sweet gunner last year; he seemed to make a bunch of tackles

In no way is he Moulds replacement, that's laughable really. I'd excited to see what he'll bring to the team though. I was kinda hoping we'd get Josh Reed back but if that's not going to happen i'll be ok with it. Now my main concern is SS...Coy Wire is the only SS on our roster...not good.