Golisano might buy the Bills.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Golisano has this "evil billionaire" look to him every time I see him.  After every Sabres game I assume he just goes home and eats a puppy...just because he can.

Not that I mind that, I'm all for evil if it means keeping the Bills in Buffalo.

622995[/snapback]

Dr Evil will own the Bills ?

Welcome to my underground stadium. :rolleyes:

Dr Evil will own the Bills ? 

Welcome to my underground stadium.  :rolleyes:

622997[/snapback]

Dr. Evil Golisano: You know, I have one simple request. And that is to have linebackers with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads! Now evidently my octogenarian colleague informs me that that cannot be done. Ah, would you remind me what I pay you people for, honestly? Throw me a bone here! What do we have?

Number Two Marv: Nate Clements

Dr. Evil Golisano: [awkward pause] Riiiiiiight.

Number Two Marv: He's a Pro Bowl Cornerback.

Dr. Evil Golisano: Is he ill tempered?

Number Two Marv: Absolutely.

Dr. Evil Golisano: Oh well, that's a start.

Dr. Evil Golisano:  You know, I have one simple request.  And that is to have linebackers with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads!  Now evidently my octogenarian colleague informs me that that cannot be done.  Ah, would you remind me what I pay you people for, honestly?  Throw me a bone here!  What do we have?

Number Two Marv:  Nate Clements

Dr. Evil Golisano: [awkward pause] Riiiiiiight.

Number Two Marv: He's a Pro Bowl Cornerback.

Dr. Evil Golisano: Is he ill tempered?

Number Two Marv: Absolutely.

Dr. Evil Golisano: Oh well, that's a start.

623000[/snapback]

You like my son and myself have seen too much Austin Powers. Watch out for Cross Mojination. :rolleyes:

I can't imagine anyone I'd rather have own the Bills than Golisano.....that would be awesome.

623026[/snapback]

He saved the Sabres singlehandedly and turned them into contenders in about 2 years.

I often wonder what it would be like if the Bills ownership was more talented.

Tom Golisano is a good man. On all the important levels.

If he bought the Bills, I'd be thrilled.

Ralph needs to retire. Have himself a Werther's Original. Read the Funny Papers.

We should all hope for such a thing. It would guarantee the Bills future in Buffalo and we'd have one of the most successful western new yorkers of all time on our side. A guy who has succeeded in every major endeavor in his life.

He saved the Sabres singlehandedly and turned them into contenders in about 2 years.

I often wonder what it would be like if the Bills ownership was more talented.

623061[/snapback]

Yep, and what he did with Paychex is even more impressive. The guy is a winner, plain and simple. He gets things done. If there is any guy who can take a small market team and effectively minimize or eliminate any of the disadvantages compared to a larger market, it's Golisano. I don't know what the chances of this happening are, but wow....that would both stabilize and advance our Bills for years to come. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Remember though, he is a buisnessman first. The posters here would go nuts when he decides to run the bills on a budget less then the cap limit so the bills can turn a profit.

Either way, when the time comes for Ralph to put the team up for sale, I hope a guy like Golisano would step up and buy them.

Golisano is no evil man who eats puppies. He is a brilliant business man. I have met him numerous times by delivering to his office in Pittsford. He has more businesses going than anyone would think. They all prosper. I would love to see him buy the Bills and believe me, he would not have to let the Sabres go. The guy has given over 19 million in donations to hospitals, schools and others in the Rochester area.

Him buying the Bills would be the best thing that could happen. This guy is not going to delve into anything that is going to cost him money.

Next time I see him, I may just bring up the buying the Bills possibility.

And no, this is no BS post.

Then the next question is....

Would you give up the Buffalo Sabres to keep the Buffalo Bills permanently in Buffalo?

Because if Golisano buys the Bills, I guarantee that he will have to sell the Sabres.

623084[/snapback]

I think the NFL and NHL (along with the other sports leagues) allow for cross-league ownership as long as the owner comes from the same city.

So for example, that Jeremy Jacobs guy couldn't buy the Bills because he owns the Boston Bruins. But Golisano would be OK because he owns the Sabres.