Golisano might buy the Bills.

Well, I'm humble enough to know when I've been B word slapped!   :doh:   

Thanks for the info, although I still find BTG a little too "new money" for RW.   :P

623444[/snapback]

"New money?"

To be clear, you are using this same phrase that was used in the late 19th and early 20th centuries, correct? The one used by Rose's mom in Titanic? The opposite of "old money?" Wow. I didn't realize that term had made a comeback into current vernacular. Nor did I realize that Ralph would give a flying waste product. :lol:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"New money?" 

To be clear, you are using this same phrase that was used in the late 19th and early 20th centuries, correct?  The one used by Rose's mom in Titanic?  The opposite of "old money?"  Wow.  I didn't realize that term had made a comeback into current vernacular.  Nor did I realize that Ralph would give a flying waste product.  :lol:

623487[/snapback]

Hey, RW's Grosse Pointe royalty while BTG's a blue collar self-made man, sort of like 'ol Leo DiCaprio in Titanic. What an odd couple. :doh:

Well, I'm humble enough to know when I've been B word slapped!  :doh:

That's mighty big of you. :P

Thanks for the info, although I still find BTG a little too "new money" for RW.  :D

Hey, new money is just as good as old money. And it smells nicer and isn't all wrinkly! Kind of like the difference between BTG and RW. :lol:

Wouldn't that be the case either way?  I mean, I don't think he would want anyone except his kids or someone in the Bills organization to take ownership of this team.

As stated above, his daughters don't want the team. And NO ONE in the organization can afford the team after he passes. Hence he needs to either find an owner to sell it to BEFORE he kicks, or let it pass to his daughters' hands, and then for them to sell it to someone (like Golisano). The problem I could see with that is that with the urgency to sell and settle estate taxes, the NFL could potentially manipulate the sale to someone who has no interest in keeping the team in Buffalo. I say that Ralph should sell the team to Golisano (if reports are correct that he wants to buy it) soon rather than waiting for it to change hands after his death. The question though is, when would he want to do this?

Remember though, he is a buisnessman first. The posters here would go nuts when he decides to run the bills on a budget less then the cap limit so the bills can turn a profit.

Either way, when the time comes for Ralph to put the team up for sale, I hope a guy like Golisano would step up and buy them.

623143[/snapback]

What owner isn't a businessman?