F*cking Ralph

The last two months or so may have ended Ralph's Hall of Fame run. I love Ralph but the sound bytes in his press conferences lately and voting NO against the other owners may have put the HOF to bed.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am surprised that Ralph even went to the meeting. Somewhere down the line he is going to have to realize that he just doesn't have it any more. We only have to hear him speak at the recent press conferences to understand that. The fact that the local press is unduly kind to him should not alter the fact that he is slipping into senility.

The guy said he voted no cause he could not understand an agreement they were given 45 minutes to look over and vote on. The Bengals voted no on it too, Ralph wasn't the only one.

Buffalo deserves to be one of the most tormented cities in sports. They take for granted an 87 year old man who has kept a football team in Buffalo all these years and consistently demand for a new owner cause he's old. Try to find a new owner who is going to spend 700-800 million to by the team and be willing to keep it in Buffalo. You think the league is going to step in and try to stop them from moving out of Buffalo to a larger market? But whatever, he's too old and senile to be the guy who signs the paychecks.

And if Polian is so great, how many championships has he won since leaving Buffalo? His teams flirt with being undefeated in the regular season and then leave the playoffs early

What an embarrasment that old bastard is. I guess it's time to face the fact that our favorite franchise is now the butt of the biggest jokes in the NFL. How sad.

622033[/snapback]

Count your chickens, Joe. How would you like the B'gal's Mikie Brown as an owner?

The only reason the B'gals have had a pulse the last few years is after the usual "It's not MY money" crowd voted him a new, free Pleasure Palace, he got unremittingly excoriated for his skinflint ways and his award-winning managerial failures.

He sent out false seating charts for the new stadium - folks that ponied up PSL's and ticket money for 40 or 50 yard were getting seats in the 20's and the EZ. He had to be sued to correct it.

He claimed that PSL owners were obligated to pay for 10 years' worth of season tix whether they wanted them or not, and proceeded to send threats of legal action for folks that dropped their tickets. Once again, it took a lawsuit...

He hired the crumb of a county comissioner who was the big noise behind the new stadium to a fat six-figure salary.

So he stepped back from the limelight and lets his 6 or 7 relatives in the front office handle things.

He also doubled his profits.

I refrain from criticizing RW for his actions that we know so little of. All we know is that every owner was given 45 minutes to read and understand the agreement before signing off. There is no information about how much content there was in that agreement - was it 1 page or 20 ? Also, it is easy to make jokes about his age but tell you what - I would love to be that active when I am 87. Most people are bed-ridden, severely incapacitated or dead. Give him a break. Sometimes it takes me time to understand a legal document. I would not sign anything I did not understand fully - would you ?

So let us quit bashing him for his age. Or for his actions which we do not know the prelude to.

I refrain from criticizing RW for his actions that we know so little of. All we know is that every owner was given 45 minutes to read and understand the agreement before signing off. There is no information about how much content there was in that agreement - was it 1 page or 20 ? Also, it is easy to make jokes about his age but tell you what - I would love to be that active when I am 87. Most people are bed-ridden, severely incapacitated or dead. Give him a break. Sometimes it takes me time to understand a legal document. I would not sign anything I did not understand fully - would you ?

So let us quit bashing him for his age. Or for his actions which we do not know the prelude to.

622124[/snapback]

I don't fault him for not signing. It's speaking in public about it and sounding completely lost that gives me not such a good feeling. He said he couldn't understand it. OK, well, if after having time to digest it he does understand it, he needs to come out and say so or have Marv do it for him.

I don't fault him for not signing. It's speaking in public about it and sounding completely lost that gives me not such a good feeling. He said he couldn't understand it. OK, well, if after having time to digest it he does understand it, he needs to come out and say so or have Marv do it for him.

622138[/snapback]

what's he supposed to say? It's a bad deal? He was truthful, wtf is wrong with that...he needed more than 45 minutes to make up his mind on a pretty important issue...bfd.

and why is it so friggin' important for him to admit that he now understands it...who the !@#$ cares what anybody else thinks of the Bills...that's not important. I could care less...maybe I'm just less of a "fan" than you.

622124[/snapback]

While I do agree with most of you post, I do not think that Ralph realized the consequences of voting no. The union made it perfectly clear that this was the last proposal. The NFL as we know it would be gone. No cap in 2007? No draft in 2008? A lockout in 2008? There was a lot of risk in voting "No" and I am glad the more owners did not follow suit.

While I do agree with most of you post, I do not think that Ralph realized the consequences of voting no.  The union made it perfectly clear that this was the last proposal.  The NFL as we know it would be gone.  No cap in 2007?  No draft in 2008?  A lockout in 2008?  There was a lot of risk in voting "No" and I am glad the more owners did not follow suit.

622148[/snapback]

For an owner, there is more at stake than the possibility of a world without an NFL. It is his money and if he was not unsure about what the financial situation of his business would be post-agreement, then he should not sign.

How sad.

622033[/snapback]

What's sad is how many "experts" are willing to laugh at Ralph when in truth, probably no more than Tags and a few other lawyers understood that final CBA agreement. Who wants to bet that 3-4 years down the road some aspect of that agreement comes back to bite the low-revenue teams on the ass becuase it was pushed through so fast the owners didn't realize what they were signing?

The geniuses that sit behind keyboards here and on other MBs slagging RW would probably have a hard time understanding a residential mortgage agreement or a credit card disclosure statement...yet they feel free to laugh at RW for being truthful about not knowing the nuances of the CBA.

Sad, indeed.

For an owner, there is more at stake than the possibility of a world without an NFL. It is his money and if he was not unsure about what the financial situation of his business would be post-agreement, then he should not sign.

622149[/snapback]

Well, I am still glad the vote went through. Maybe I'm being selfish and not thinking of RW maybe making a couple million less next season, but this agreement does keep Buffalo competitive. Now we just need to get the right players!!!

HES 87 YEARS OLD!! What do you guys expect???

I respect the man for keeping the team here.  He has made mistakes, Polian was a big one, but Im talking about Ralph Wilson as a man.  I respect him and every Bills fan should also.

622053[/snapback]

WE DO!! IT DOESN"T MEAN HE'S CAPABLE ANYMORE!