Thank you Ralph Wilson

AKC

Thanks for voting exactly the way you should have based upon the honest expression that you simply didn't have a clear enough picture to make an assessment. Instead of the idiot who leaves the room having signed the papers that are his undoing in time, you wisely chose a more prudent course. As you point out the proposal IS complicated, and among the owners you are the one I will choose to admire not only for resisting the bull-rush but for offering your honest feelings immediately afterwards.

And I hate to overlook that I forgot to thank you for keeping the team I love in Buffalo, while the scalawags and backwash of the NFL have all moved to “greener pastures” or sold out altogether to the tripe who have gained too much influence in labor matters of late.

Did I mention your living and doing business in Detroit yet protecting the Bills from the vagaries of temptation that have buckled the knees of the lesser among your peers, even those who were lifetime residents of the towns they screwed?

And I assume I thanked you for the contemporarily foolish investment that became the most exciting football league in history- the AFL- and then putting much more money into the most exciting team in the history of the NFL- the Kelly led Bills?

Have I thanked you Ralph? If not before then now accept with all my heart the thanks, praise and respect that every one of us owe you- whether they recognize it or not.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for voting exactly the way you should have based upon the honest expression that you simply didn't have a clear enough picture to make an assessment. Instead of the idiot who leaves the room having signed the papers that are his undoing in time, you wisely chose a more prudent course. As you point out the proposal IS complicated, and among the owners you are the one I will choose to admire not only for resisting the bull-rush but for offering your honest feelings immediately afterwards.

And I hate to overlook that I forgot to thank you for keeping the team I love in Buffalo,  while the scalawags and backwash of the NFL have all moved to “greener pastures” or sold out altogether to the tripe who have gained too much influence in labor matters of late.

Did I mention your living and doing business in Detroit yet protecting the Bills from the vagaries of temptation that have buckled the knees of the lesser among your peers, even those who were lifetime residents of the towns they screwed?

And I assume I thanked you for the contemporarily foolish investment that became the most exciting football league in history- the AFL- and then putting much more money into the most exciting team in the history of the NFL- the Kelly led Bills?

Have I thanked you Ralph? If not before then now accept with all my heart the thanks, praise and respect that every one of us owe you- whether they recognize it or not.

621860[/snapback]

I have now renewed my belief that this board is dominated with doddering old fools. Anyone who would watch ESPN, and NFL Network make a mockery of our ancient hospice patient, and come to the conclusion that he was right is just as "faded" as our current owner.

Anytime your owner says, "I just didnt understand it". "I didnt think I was a drop out". HMMM, anyone who agrees with that sentiment would tend to agree with that mindset that is, to say nicely, "fading".

Anytime your owner says, "I just didnt understand it". "I didnt think I was a drop out". HMMM, anyone who agrees with that sentiment would tend to agree with that mindset that is, to say nicely, "fading".

621876[/snapback]

It's true we old-timers suffer some difficulty understanding the 8 and 9 year-olds here, but at the same time most of us old-timers are just happy if we don't spray the keyboard pad on the laptop while we're wetting our pants during a post.

I have now renewed my belief that this board is dominated with doddering old fools. Anyone who would watch ESPN, and NFL Network make a mockery of our ancient hospice patient, and come to the conclusion that he was right is just as "faded" as our current owner.

621876[/snapback]

If ESPN says it, it must be true!

:blink:

And I hate to overlook that I forgot to thank you for keeping the team I love in Buffalo,  while the scalawags and backwash of the NFL have all moved to “greener pastures” or sold out altogether to the tripe who have gained too much influence in labor matters of late.

621860[/snapback]

Well said, I agree completely.

It's true we old-timers suffer some difficulty understanding the 8 and 9 year-olds here, but at the same time most of us old-timers are just happy if we don't spray the keyboard pad on the laptop while we're wetting our pants during a post.

621885[/snapback]

HEY!!! Oh, did I just label myself?.....ooops...

His comments were embarrassing.

622026[/snapback]

Not as embarrassing as being a bills fan having to listen to all the comments from the posters on this board who think just because Marv and Ralph are old the obviously are senile and should be cast aside and that Ralph will be able to find a new owner who is going to want to keep the bills in Buffalo. I would like to see anybody here fill in for Ralph and Marv and then tell us how easy of a job it is, cause everyone here seems to be an expert.

And I'm not one of the older posters on this board, I just have respect for people who are older and believe that some can still function in society

621876[/snapback]

That's mularkey if I've ever heard it. He's always had that type of sense of humor.

If you can make a decision in 45 minutes on the fate of a multi billion dollar corporation more power to you. But, I doubt you'd be hanging with us drop outs.

Not as embarrassing as being a bills fan having to listen to all the comments from the posters on this board who think just because Marv and Ralph are old the obviously are senile and should be cast aside and that Ralph will be able to find a new owner who is going to want to keep the bills in Buffalo. I would like to see anybody here fill in for Ralph and Marv and then tell us how easy of a job it is, cause everyone here seems to be an expert.

And I'm not one of the older posters on this board, I just have respect for people who are older and believe that some can still function in society

622122[/snapback]

Amen. With age, comes wisdom.

I think it's actually refreshing to hear an honest, candid response like the one Ralph uttered. RW has been a very successful businessman for a very long time - I doubt that he got where he is by making hurried decisions.

Too bad some folks confuse self-deprication and wry humor with dementia - Ralph may just be the smartest guy in that room.