Any Soda Drinkers Out There?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're POP drinkers. They mistakenly callit soda where I live. :P

619950[/snapback]

I always wondered...there's gotta be some town between Rochester and Syracuse, where "pop" ends and "soda" begins...could it be Weedsport?

Drink sugar-water, gain weight.  Who'd have thought?

I know it never occurred to me, and won't until the Surgeon General tells me to worry about it.  :P

619971[/snapback]

Actually, nutritionists say some forms of sugar are worse than others.

"The main sweetener in soda - high-fructose corn syrup - can increase fats in the blood called triglycerides, which raises the risk of heart problems, diabetes and other health woes."

It's cheeper than pure sugarcane. High-fructose corn syrup is in all kinds of things, including ketchup, I think. I still have a difficult time identifying with people who get up in the morning, and live to figure out what else can be taxed.

Drink sugar-water, gain weight.  Who'd have thought?

I know it never occurred to me, and won't until the Surgeon General tells me to worry about it.  :P

619971[/snapback]

I heard the same thing about Big Macs and fries.

"I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiener".

Ever since BiB quoted "All restaraunts are Taco Bell," I've revisited and developed a new found appreciation for Demolition Man. First it was tobacco...hell look at the windfall for the legal profession and gov't coffers on that one. Why stop there? Next up, fast food, soda, meat, etc. They'll eventually get to something that affects each of us.

"I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiener".

Ever since BiB quoted "All restaraunts are Taco Bell," I've revisited and developed a new found appreciation for Demolition Man. First it was tobacco...hell look at the windfall for the legal profession and gov't coffers on that one. Why stop there? Next up, fast food, soda, meat, etc. They'll eventually get to something that affects each of us.

620066[/snapback]

Easily the most under-rated social commentary movie of our time. I love that movie :P

Wife and me rented and watched "Supersize Me', that documentary where the guy ate nothing but heavy-duty McDonald's for 30 days straight, about 5,000 calories a day.

Give it a shot - it's really very funny, and interesting. It's not a screaming P.O.S. like Fahrenheit 911.

The guy gains 25 lb, and barfs in the parking lot, gets cranky etc. - his blood chemistry goes to h*ll. As it should. Norhing against McD - you could do the same with home cooking.

The added featurette - The Smoking Fry - is a hoot. :w00t:

Wife and me rented and watched "Supersize Me', that documentary where the guy ate nothing but heavy-duty McDonald's for 30 days straight, about 5,000 calories a day.

Give it a shot - it's really very funny, and interesting. It's not a screaming P.O.S. like Fahrenheit 911.

The guy gains 25 lb, and barfs in the parking lot, gets cranky etc. - his blood chemistry goes to h*ll. As it should. Norhing against McD - you could do the same with home cooking.

The added featurette - The Smoking Fry - is a hoot. :w00t:

620558[/snapback]

My problem with the concept is this:

If you ain't nothing but Bran Muffins and drank only Prune Juice for a month, you'd be hurting on the diet as well. And some point, aren't people responsible for what they eat?

And it's not like people don't know fast food is bad for you.

It's not meant to be an everyday thing.