Tidbits on Sirius a few minutes ago

Thailog80

Patrick Ramsey to the Bills for a 4th round pick. :D Thats what Riggo said.

Davis seems like a very nice kid. Well spoken and a little brash. Said he could see himself playing in SF. Also said his pass blocking is better than his run blocking. He said that Shawn "Light Out" Merriman couldn't beat him the whole two years they were together at Maryland.

there would be a bidding war for Ramsey's services- a young qb with a strong arm and some starting experience- a lot of teams would want him.  the trade would ensure his services for a pretty low price.

614369[/snapback]

Well can't be too much of a war. The skins have to make the decision tomorrow, so if anything was going to happen it had to happen already. That said, I am suprised if the 4th is true but maybe that's what the bidding brought out. The skins are releasing or trading Ramsey tomorrow along with a bunch of other players.

Well can't be too  much of a war.  The skins have to make the decision tomorrow, so if anything was going to happen it had to happen already.  That said, I am suprised if the 4th is true but maybe that's what the bidding brought out.  The skins are releasing or trading Ramsey tomorrow along with a bunch of other players.

614378[/snapback]

I meant that if he is simply released, a lot of teams will want him and he'll be expensive as a result.

I hadn't heard of this rumor anywhere, so we'll see if anything happens.

Who played QB for Tulane last year? If he's coming out, maybe we can draft him too. :D

614381[/snapback]

Yeah, I sure it will be quite a confidence boost for Ramsey to go from backing up Mark Brunell to backing up Losman, the guy he started ahead of in college for two years.

Patrick Ramsey to the Bills for a 4th round pick.  :D  Thats what Riggo said.

Davis seems like a very nice kid. Well spoken and a little brash. Said he could see himself playing in SF. Also said his pass blocking is better than his run blocking. He said that Shawn "Light Out" Merriman couldn't beat him the whole two years they were together at Maryland.

614353[/snapback]

If the Bills pick up a loser like ramsey for anything more than an 8th rounder(are there 8 rounds??) I will puke. Id rather have Billy Joe gunrack come out of retirement..after all--Marv has met him at the airport before.

Yeah, I sure it will be quite a confidence boost for Ramsey to go from backing up Mark Brunell to backing up Losman, the guy he started ahead of in college for two years.

614385[/snapback]

I am sorry but where was Losman named the starter? I thought meathead and his stupid Losman is the starter no matter what antics were gone.

Well can't be too  much of a war.  The skins have to make the decision tomorrow, so if anything was going to happen it had to happen already.  That said, I am suprised if the 4th is true but maybe that's what the bidding brought out.  The skins are releasing or trading Ramsey tomorrow along with a bunch of other players.

614378[/snapback]

Do you see much of hm?

I saw him at RWS and thought he was pretty good.

My gut reaction tells me that there would be nothing to lose getting this kid at that price. Either Holcomb or Matthews would be cut to offset some of the cost. Also, a trade down is still possible, and we could easily get back more than a 4th for moving back only a few spots. Having an extra 3rd for a drug addict is also nice. :D

Honestly, I would be surprised if he comes that cheap, but we shall see.

There is NO WAY that Partick Ramsey and JP Losman will be on the same team.  They hate eachother.  In fact, there isnt one former teammate of JP's that likes him.

Looking at Clumps page, cutting Jp Losman would save 2 million on the Cap and have dead money of only 3 million.

I really dont think its a lock JP Losman is on the Roster next year.

614405[/snapback]

Actually, from all I read, his teammates at Tulane LOVED JP. dunno where you heard the opposite.

Do you see much of hm?

I saw him at RWS and thought he was pretty good.

My gut reaction tells me that there would be nothing to lose getting this kid at that price. Either Holcomb or Matthews would be cut to offset some of the cost. Also, a trade down is still possible, and we could easily get back more than a 4th for moving back only a few spots. Having an extra 3rd for a drug addict is also nice.  :D

Honestly, I would be surprised if he comes that cheap, but we shall see.

614406[/snapback]

I have seen him play a lot. He is a decent Qb, who reads defenses pretty well, but he is more of a drop back and go through progressions ala Drew Bledsoe. He has more wheels then Drew but not in the Losman league. He has gotten gun shy, because the skins really don;t have a good Oline. They have gotten several Qb's hurt over the last 5 years and are only slightly better then the Bills line.

Would Ramsay be good for us? He is basically a young Drew Bledsoe with a little quicker progression, and a little bit better set of wheels. But he is real skittish right now. He did win the job in DC last year over Brunell before he got hurt, so he has something. Again like Bledoe he struggles with the blitz and has been loose at times, fumbling the ball. But the kid can make all the throws.

Well Patrick Ramsey is one guy and that RB from the Vikings is another guy.

614409[/snapback]

Meldaewe Moore. Basically he was a caustic guy at Tulane and that was a big rap on him out of college that he pisse a lot of his teammates off.

I have seen him play a lot.  He is a decent Qb, who reads defenses pretty well, but he is more of a drop back and go through progressions ala Drew Bledsoe.  He has more wheels then Drew but not in the Losman league.  He has gotten gun shy, because the skins really don;t have a good Oline.  They have gotten several Qb's hurt over the last 5 years and are only slightly better then the Bills line. 

Would Ramsay be good for us?  He is basically a young Drew Bledsoe with a little quicker progression, and a little bit better set of wheels.  But he is real skittish right now.  He did win the job in DC last year over Brunell before he got hurt, so he has something.  Again like Bledoe he struggles with the blitz and has been loose at times, fumbling the ball.  But the kid can make all the throws.

614414[/snapback]

Thanks for the info. Would you give up a 4th?

Btw, Bledsoe has a better arm. :D