Marv is warning the fans

Gambler

Asked how difficult the task of turning around the Bills is, Levy said: "I don't know how many 'verys' to put in front of my answer. But it is going to be very difficult."

The Bills are facing another losing season next year and the new GM knows it.

Is it too late to heap more abuse on the mastermind of this mess; Tom Donahoe?

MW getting cut is just the latest disaster. There will be many more.

BTW, am I the only one worried about the 3rd string coaching staff (as a group) that Dick Jauron has assembled?

I see about 3 assistants as NFL caliber and the rest are mediocre looking at best.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW, am I the only one worried about the 3rd string coaching staff (as a group) that Dick Jauron has assembled?

I see about 3 assistants as NFL caliber and the rest are mediocre looking at best.

610634[/snapback]

Not suggesting you are wrong -- I certainly have no idea -- but exactly what are your qualifications to judge the caliber of an NFL assistant coach? What is it specifically that leads to your conclusions that the coaches are "mediocre looking at best?"

Not suggesting you are wrong -- I certainly have no idea -- but exactly what are your qualifications to judge the caliber of an NFL assistant coach?  What is it specifically that leads to your conclusions that the coaches are "mediocre looking at best?"

610649[/snapback]

The fact that they didn't even show up on People's list of the 100 Sexiest NFL assistant coaches.... :lol:

Not suggesting you are wrong -- I certainly have no idea -- but exactly what are your qualifications to judge the caliber of an NFL assistant coach?  What is it specifically that leads to your conclusions that the coaches are "mediocre looking at best?"

610649[/snapback]

Never heard of em.

Hmm...I just don't share the pessimism. I appreciate Marv's candor - turning the Bills around will be difficult, but Marv is up to the task, and I think Jauron's staff is very respectable.

I wonder how many people (be honest now) thought Marv Levy was "mediocre, at best" back in 1986?

I wonder how many people (be honest now) thought Marv Levy was "mediocre, at best" back in 1986?

610689[/snapback]

Now don't go around here posting this kind of logic!!! Dont you know that alost EVERYONE knew Levy was a HOF coach after his first game much like Pats fans "knew" Brady was going to be great before Bledsoe went down?? :lol:

Hmm...I just don't share the pessimism.  I appreciate Marv's candor - turning the Bills around will be difficult, but Marv is up to the task, and I think Jauron's staff is very respectable.

610689[/snapback]

I do love how people like this pick their quotes. While he goes on about the 'very' hard quote he seems to skim over the 're-building' quote...

Asked how difficult the task of turning around the Bills is, Levy said: "I don't know how many 'verys' to put in front of my answer. But it is going to be very difficult."

MW getting cut is just the latest disaster. There will be many more.

610634[/snapback]

You think you have to "read between the lines"? I think he's said it: the team sucks, and don't hold your breath for it to get better before it geets worse.

610634[/snapback]

That was actually a misquote and I emailed the clown from the Wash Times that wrote it. Marv was talking about the CBA and dealing with the business aspect (with respect to Ralph Wilson.) See the John Clayton article from ESPN.

I wish there would be some evidence giving why someone would say it's a 3rd rate coaching group. Who knows assistant coaches, especially up and comers. And how do you know how much discretion an assistant was given in a situation? Too many variables to just pronounce it 3rd rate.

I am cautiously optimistic over the recent happenings at One Bills Drive. As a Texas alum and avid Bills fan, I hoped Mike Williams would work out but I also see the upside of the release from a signal-sending perspective (as well as the obvious financial implications).

With the fluid nature of today's NFL a team can make great strides almost overnight. The Bills aren't that far away if Spikes & Warren come back OK and we use Free Agency & the draft well. Talent-wise we'll be fine. The key will be the QB and, therefore, Losman. I'm actually excited about him for next year. He gets a new start, has tasted a little success and a lot of growing pains failure, and his talent level has never been questioned. I may even be willing to just let Moulds go as he may be a distraction for Losman (I'd rather them find a way to co-exist after Moulds takes a huge salary cut).

Keep sending signals Marv!

610634[/snapback]

You Think? :lol:

If there's anyone on this board that thinks the Bills will have a winning season in 2006 they're either nuts or diehard Bills fans. The reality is the Bills will probably be 6-10 AT BEST - No Candycoating, Just reality!! :lol:

If there's anyone on this board that thinks the Bills will have a winning season in 2006 they're either nuts or diehard Bills fans.  The reality is the Bills will probably be 6-10 AT BEST - No Candycoating, Just reality!!  :lol:

610735[/snapback]

Just to clear up some miscommunication:

I think Mike Williams was a disaster, his getting cut was evidence of this mistake.

The coaching staff is not top quality. Can't anybody be honest on this board or is it constant cheerleading all the time?

If Marv was misquoted that the Bills will be very hard to turn around then I have to blame the idiot reporter.

And yes, there are many people on this board who think the Bills will have a winning season next year. Yikes.

Last year most people here were saying 10-6 at worst. I wish there was a way for last year's predictions to be posted again for all to see.

I've challenged the board to confess to their predictions for last year and mysteriously all the 10-6 optimists developed amnesia!

If there's anyone on this board that thinks the Bills will have a winning season in 2006 they're either nuts or diehard Bills fans.  The reality is the Bills will probably be 6-10 AT BEST - No Candycoating, Just reality!!  :lol:

610735[/snapback]

Okay I am willing to go on record and say that the Bills will have a winning season this year. We will still miss the playoffs but will have made great strides. I dont care if you label me as nuts or a diehard fan.