What Player Gets Chopped Next?

Rico

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adams wouldn't surprise me... many in here are blind to just how far his play deteriorated last year, I don't think he bounces back to even 2nd-half 2004 level of play.

609947[/snapback]

I harken to what I said in a post about cutting Posey. Why create another hole when you don't have to? I say keep Adams, sign a free agent to start next to him in 2006 and draft his replacement on day 1 of the draft in April. I mean cutting guys to create cap space can be a good thing but if it means leaving a hole at the starting spot (with questionable depth behind it) is foolish. I mean I tink everyone agrees we need at least one DT to improve the defense, if we cut Adams we'll than need to find two.

Second half of 2004 Adams was probably the best DT in the AFC.  Dominant.  There is a long standing tradition in Buffalo of not appreciating DL play.  Bruce Smith was a dog because he didn't get a sack in every game.  Ted Washington was a fat worthless load.  Adams doesn't make enough plays.  The field turf is always greener on the other side.

The issue last season wasn't Adams play, it was his refusal to play a style he didn't want to.   If that's his ticket out of town, so be it, but the cleansing shouldn't stop there.  Moulds must go.  You can't dump Mike Williams and Sam Adams, then keep the king of the mutineers.

IMO, Marv and Jauron would be digging the same type of hole Donahoe dug for himself when he came in and cleared the lockerroom of Butler guys at the expense of talent.

609974[/snapback]

Injuries didn't help Adams either... I think he's getting old & on the verge of being washed-up. I have no problem though with keeping him one more year provided that a viable alternative is on the roster should he tank. Agree 100% on Moulds, he needs to leave as well, too much $$$ & a problem child to boot.

June 1st means nothing this year.  With no CBA even if a player is cut after June 1, the cap hit for expediated bonuses go against the team this year.

609969[/snapback]

I know, but the CBA is going to get dealt with mainly because the number of people that are for revenue sharing far out number those that are against it.

I harken to what I said in a post about cutting Posey. Why create another hole when you don't have to? I say keep Adams, sign a free agent to start next to him in 2006 and draft his replacement on day 1 of the draft in April.

609985[/snapback]

That is logically and pretty probable. Along with of course a replacement of some kind for Lawyer Milloy, seeing as he is nearing the end.

Second half of 2004 Adams was probably the best DT in the AFC.  Dominant.  There is a long standing tradition in Buffalo of not appreciating DL play.  Bruce Smith was a dog because he didn't get a sack in every game.  Ted Washington was a fat worthless load.  Adams doesn't make enough plays.  The field turf is always greener on the other side.

The issue last season wasn't Adams play, it was his refusal to play a style he didn't want to.   If that's his ticket out of town, so be it, but the cleansing shouldn't stop there.  Moulds must go.  You can't dump Mike Williams and Sam Adams, then keep the king of the mutineers.

IMO, Marv and Jauron would be digging the same type of hole Donahoe dug for himself when he came in and cleared the lockerroom of Butler guys at the expense of talent.

609974[/snapback]

I understand what you are saying wrt Adams.

As for Moulds, it is becoming increasingly tough to really tell how much talent he has left, especially taking into consideration the huge amount of cap space that would be saved in 06 and 07 if he is cut.

Certainly Eric has lost a step or 2, and he might not be that hard to replace.

I harken to what I said in a post about cutting Posey. Why create another hole when you don't have to? I say keep Adams, sign a free agent to start next to him in 2006 and draft his replacement on day 1 of the draft in April. I mean cutting guys to create cap space can be a good thing but if it means leaving a hole at the starting spot (with questionable depth behind it) is foolish. I mean I tink everyone agrees we need at least one DT to improve the defense, if we cut Adams we'll than need to find two.

609985[/snapback]

Even if you keep Adams, you still have to find 2 DTs IMO. At this stage of his career, I don't think you can just pencil him in & forget about it.

Injuries didn't help Adams either... I think he's getting old & on the verge of being washed-up. I have no problem though with keeping him one more year  provided that a viable alternative is on the roster should he tank.  Agree 100% on Moulds, he needs to leave as well, too much $$$ & a problem child to boot.

609989[/snapback]

If ever a team needed leadership that could come in and make use of the talent in place, this is it. I am not a big fan of Mike Williams or Moulds, but they are talented and Dick Jauron is no Bill Belichick.

This was a 5-11 team last season, it's not a long fall back to 3-13 and removing your best run blocker, best DT and best WR aren't forward steps, they are steps backward. I'm sure they have a plan, so did Donahoe. We joke about ex-players, but the reality is that in the past two offseasons the Bills have lost a 1400 yard rusher (Henry) a very good young corner (Winfield) their best offensive lineman (Jennings) and a very good DT (Pat Williams) and they haven't been replaced. This organization has been losing more talent than it has brought in, and making new holes isn't any kind of solution.

I understand what you are saying wrt Adams.

As for Moulds, it is becoming increasingly tougher to really tell how much talent he has left, especially taking into consideration the huge amount of cap space that would be saved in 06 and 07 if he is cut.

Certainly Eric has lost a step or 2, and he might not be that hard to replace.

609999[/snapback]

Moulds definately wouldn't be that hard to replace. But I want to have birds in hand before I start dumping lineman. Addition by subtraction sounds good but doesn't always work.

YACWST :devil:

must....resist.....must.....not......say.....can't.....control...ahhh...hell....

Coy Wire Sucks!

CW < RJ!

Marv would be my hero if he he was astute enough to dump that load prior to camp.

Teague

Anderson

Wire

Milloy

Neufield

609977[/snapback]

Milloy AND Wire ?? Who will play SS? You don't have another one on the roster, and none of the free safeties are physical enough to move over to strong. I'd be suprised if Milloy was released.

However, i did notice that adam archuleta of the rams is an UFA....our new D-coordinator was his secondary coach with the rams. :devil:

May i just say, in case any Bills personel is reading, that i would be more than pleased to go into the locker room and clear out all of the lockers of our tight end corps. They absolutely suck.

But seriously, let me into the locker room with a crowbar and let me just break everything that is breakable in their lockers. Yes that includes the jar that holds all of their manhoods.

Ryan Neufield is a complete waste of time, Mark Campbell had one good game, and Tim Euhus is just injury prone.

Kevin Everett can stay but he's on thin ice as it is. Mainly because i have to ask, what kind of person gets hurt in mini-camp?

:devil:

Neufield

Campbell

Bennie

Wire

Burns

Moulds can still play, if he takes a cut-keep him

since he won't have to threaten to fight Mike Williams for coming off the field he can focus on football

Aiken is a beast on ST- He MUST stay, could be an ST ProBowler

Put Adams on the stairstepper till training camp, if he loses some weight he could still be effective- If he doesn't Marv can have another short press conference in July

eric moulds

Not so fast. I saw this topic on BB.com and in the thread it said that Moulds could take a 30% paycut from $6.089M to $4.262M (savings of $1.827M), AND that he could forego a $1.1M bonus he's scheduled to make, for a total cap savings of $2.927. I didn't know about the bonus and figured that a 30% reduction in base salary wasn't enough, but saving almost $3M against the cap and keeping Eric (and the difference between what they save by releasing him versus this is $1.595M) is the best option for the Bills, especially since it will cost more than $1.6M to find a worthy replacement for him. And his salary of $4.262M is certainly more than fair.