What Player Gets Chopped Next?

Rico

Not so fast.  I saw this topic on BB.com and in the thread it said that Moulds could take a 30% paycut from $6.089M to $4.262M (savings of $1.827M), AND that he could forego a $1.1M bonus he's scheduled to make, for a total cap savings of $2.927.  I didn't know about the bonus and figured that a 30% reduction in base salary wasn't enough, but saving almost $3M against the cap and keeping Eric (and the difference between what they save by releasing him versus this is $1.595M) is the best option for the Bills, especially since it will cost more than $1.6M to find a worthy replacement for him.  And his salary of $4.262M is certainly more than fair.

610166[/snapback]

if eric does something like that then you could see him staying,he just cant at 11 million.at this stage in his career he should be a 4 or 5 million a year player.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not so fast.  I saw this topic on BB.com and in the thread it said that Moulds could take a 30% paycut from $6.089M to $4.262M (savings of $1.827M), AND that he could forego a $1.1M bonus he's scheduled to make, for a total cap savings of $2.927.  I didn't know about the bonus and figured that a 30% reduction in base salary wasn't enough, but saving almost $3M against the cap and keeping Eric (and the difference between what they save by releasing him versus this is $1.595M) is the best option for the Bills, especially since it will cost more than $1.6M to find a worthy replacement for him.  And his salary of $4.262M is certainly more than fair.

610166[/snapback]

Just cutting in 2006 isn't enough...his yet-to-be-paid salary (no bonuses) in 2007 is $7.25M, that also needs to be addressed... unless you only plan on keeping him a year, cause his dead cap hit in 2007 is only $1.67M. These 2 years add up to a lot of jack, I don't think he agrees to a cut, rather another re-structure. :devil:

Just cutting in 2006 isn't enough...his yet-to-be-paid salary in 2007 is $7.25M, that also needs to be addressed... unless you only plan on keeping him a year, cause his dead cap hit in 2007 is only $1.67M. These 2 years add up to a lot of jack, I don't think he looks for a cut, rather a re-structure. :devil:

Yes, keep him for a year and offer him a paycut, not a restructure. I doubt he makes more than $4M this year if he hits the open market.

Yes, keep him for a year and offer him a paycut, not a restructure.  I doubt he makes more than $4M this year if he hits the open market.

610176[/snapback]

If he agreed to those cuts, I'd have no problem with keeping him for 1 more year & then dumping him before 2007, the value is close to being there... then you've got a year to plot his replacement. I just don't think he'll do it, more power to us if he does. If he does come back, Marv just has to chop a little deeper to free up space for FA's, & there's still a lot of dead weight to choose from. :devil:

If he agreed to those cuts, I'd have no problem with keeping him for 1 more year & then dumping him before 2007, the value is close to being there... then you've got a year to plot his replacement. I just don't think he'll do it, more power to us if he does. If he does come back, Marv just has to chop a little deeper to free up space for FA's, & there's still a lot of dead weight to choose from. :lol:

I don't see it as a huge problem. If Eric agrees, the Bills keep him, save almost $3M, he gets paid over $4M for the year, and everyone should be happy. If not, he gets cut, the Bills save $4.5M, and they get a younger WR.

Sounds like a plan. 

I've got an idea......we can stop the run with numbers! :lol:

609945[/snapback]

I figure we could cut everyone and just pile all the money we will save from the cuts and use that as our OL and DL

Since players only play for money, the other teams will be too busy staring at the pile and trying to grab as much of it as they can that we could have one guy that just grabs the football and runs it in for a TD.

It could work

I figure we could cut everyone and just pile all the money we will save from the cuts and use that as our OL and DL

Since players only play for money, the other teams will be too busy staring at the pile and trying to grab as much of it as they can that we could have one guy that just grabs the football and runs it in for a TD.

It could work

610436[/snapback]

:lol: