It's Official....Bills Release OT Mike Williams!

Mike32282

Yeah watched the games.  Not with the same glasses you did however.  If you're satisfied with his play you're either blind or crazy.  O.k., so say he did played like a "probowler" the last 5 games....  How did he fare in the first 11?  Doesn't that count?  Whatever...  To quote GS, "He's a fat toad". 

As far as Josh Reed goes the guy can't catch to save his life.  Oh except for that one grab against Cincy, wow.  He had years to prove his worth, rookie season was good and then from there on out, face it..  It's been a steep downhill dive.

609950[/snapback]

Wow either you're blind or crazy. Reed was open and only had one game of dropsies all year long.

As far as Bennie goes, he did play at a very high level (not probowl) the last 5 games. yeah he was bad the first 11, but guess what new team, new position (he was a RG as I was corrected before), and it takes time. To expect him to come into that and play a probowl level in the meathead offense is insane. In addition, the guy has had questionable oline coaching from Mcnally who has done nothing with the Bills except make Teague, Mike Williams, Villereal, and others play worse. Oh sure he took an oversized atheltic tightend and moved him to right tackle where he played okay oin passing downs but got tossed around like a rag doll on running plays.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why create another hole when you don't have to? I'll agree that Posey's been average but tell me what's wrong with having an average player? I'd definately draft a LB to groom behind Posey's a good idea (with either one of our 3rds, 4th or 5th) but to cut him and pursue a replacement in free agency to me makes less sense. As just because we bring in a new guy it doesn't necessarly mean he'll be better.

609956[/snapback]

Point taken.. Personally I like J. Posey. I think with TKO, London and him they have a good chemistry together. Just saying IF that's all. Losing TKO and Edwards really hurt us.

Nobody wanted to see Big Mike succeed more than I. He seemed to be a very nice guy. Does anybody remember the show about the 02 draft when Big Mike was in a NYC Fire House after 9/11? He was making the firemen laugh, and these guys had just lost brother firefighters at the hands of murderers.

The thing is, he never should have been drafted at #4. He was too big, had a history of injuries, and most of all, he was a RT. Some of you can ridicule McKinnie as you will, but he was never benched nor switched to Guard. If McKinnie would have been selected, he along with Jennings would have been a formidable pair of OTs.

Selecting MW was yet another show of arrogance on the part of TD imo. A RT at #4 simply doesn't happen. No, it was not as stupid and obscene as the other extreme, using your first pick to grab Beetlejuice Parrish, but it was a dumb, unorthodox move. In this sense, Big Mike never really had a chance to live up to his slot.

Either way, I extend well wishes to Big Mike. Perhaps he will play better in a place where there is no expectation that he plays like Erik Williams or Bob Brown.

Good Luck Mike!

Point taken..  Personally I like J. Posey.  I think with TKO, London and him they have a good chemistry together.  Just saying IF that's all.  Losing TKO and Edwards really hurt us.

609961[/snapback]

I completely agree with you, I mean I remember right after the Houston game the NFL network ran a special about them and there were comments they were the best LB crew in the league. I also want to bring up your statement about Edwards which seems to be easily missed. As alot of people here forget Edwards was our 2nd string guy in 2004 which meant most of last year we were using 3rd/4th stringers which factored in why our defense slipped so much. Yet I feel Tim Anderson developed himself into a 2nd stringer last year by years end.

Goodbye to an unmotivated, overweight, injury prone #4 overall BUST!!  You will go down in history with Walt Patulski as the biggest draft bust in Bills history. :devil:

609854[/snapback]

He did have some big breasts....oh wait you said bust.

I don't think he was the biggest bust, but in after thought it was one of the wost contracts I have ever seen written by a GM. Compare the salary he had last year and was going to get the next few years to any other T. I don't think anyone would be close.

As far as Reed goes, he was our 2nd best clutch receiver last year and we will miss his ability to get open in the seems if he is not resigned.  Plus his run blocking makes him perfect for a single back set as he is like having a FB  on the edge when he is in the slot.

609933[/snapback]

Hey, pass that. Pass the pipe man.

2nd best clutch receiver?

Open in the seems?

Run blocks like a FB?

The guy is the all time leader in the NFL for dropped balls on third down! (ok I may have just made that up)

He's open because he can't catch the ball.

$50 says no one picks him up for more than $1M a year, and that team is NOT the Pats.

609849[/snapback]

I know this was posted a while ago, I was just saying the Patriots would do it as a joke. Kind of playing on the fact that we recycle all of their trash and they find a gold bar in ours.

In reality even Erik Flowers was picked up by the Steelers and Texans and bounced around the league for a few more years. Bottom line is that if you have the first round draft pick label you are going to stay in the league for a while. $#!t, Rob Johnson even got another job that wasn't screwing in light bulbs at some super market.

As to the more than $1 million a year, i would have to say that he won't get it the first year but he'll have some kind of incentive in his contract that will give him more money. I don't think he is too worried about that anyway.

I don't think Mike Williams is going to starve to death with the small amounts of money he was seen bording a flight from Buffalo to Houston with. :devil:

Nobody wanted to see Big Mike succeed more than I. He seemed to be a very nice guy. Does anybody remember the show about the 02 draft when Big Mike was in a NYC Fire House after 9/11? He was making the firemen laugh, and these guys had just lost brother firefighters at the hands of murderers.

Good Luck Mike!

609965[/snapback]

I laughed my ass off with his Yoda impersonation. He seemed like a good guy alright.

Didn´t work out for him and the Bills.

Good luck Mike.

Can someone refresh my memory here, but didnt Reed have that problem for just several games in one year?  I do not remember Reed having this issue last year.

609988[/snapback]

Reed was better last year but still did have his problems at times. I grade him as an average 3rd string WR which to me isn't a bad thing. I'm only willing to let him go because with Parrish on the roster we already have a 3rd string WR (with arguably more upside than Josh) and two starters in place (so long we keep Moulds).

Can someone refresh my memory here, but didnt Reed have that problem for just several games in one year?  I do not remember Reed having this issue last year.

609988[/snapback]

Reed was better last year but still did have his problems at times. I grade him as an average 3rd string WR which to me isn't a bad thing. I'm only willing to let him go because with Parrish on the roster we already have a 3rd string WR (with arguably more upside than Josh) and two starters in place (so long we keep Moulds).

609998[/snapback]

The Jokeman answered your question. I agree he dropped fewer balls last year, but he still dropped some at bad times. At least I remember him dropping several third down passes that made me scream why are we throwing the ball to him on third down!!!!

Hey, pass that. Pass the pipe man.

2nd best clutch receiver?

Open in the seems?

Run blocks like a FB?

The guy is the all time leader in the NFL for dropped balls on third down! (ok I may have just made that up)

He's open because he can't catch the ball.

609973[/snapback]

Wanna try again? People have used this place for "actual" productive stats in the past. a higher DPAR number represents a better receiver.

Note Reed is our best receiver at 8.9 and is only the 48th best in the NFl based on this stats. Evans is 50th at 7.6 and Moulds 56th at 6.5. Notice that Reed catches 60% of the balls thrown his way, Evans only 53%, and Moulds who really is our clutch receiver is 63%.

You way underestimate Reed, and his abilities, and are too much looking at write-ups and lemmings mentality. He is easily one of our top 3 receivers and possibly our 2nd best. And no Evans isn't #1.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/wr.php

609998[/snapback]

Nope he only had dropsies in one game. Beyond that he was pretty much catching everything thrown his way.

Is anyone else really disappointed??? The guy is what 26 years old. I'm 25 and don't remember ever having such high hopes for a player and being so disappointed. Plus, he did seem like such a nice guy. I thought he was going to be the franchise piece we would build around for 15 years. And I'm the last to rip any player but I just will now remember Williams as a fat slob who was a giant another name for a cat. So I hope he enjoys the money he stole from the Bills. So while I would never wish him anything but luck in his personal life, I hope he never plays another down of football ever again. :devil: Sorry for the rant but I had to get that off my chest. :lol:

Nope he only had dropsies in one game.  Beyond that he was pretty much catching everything thrown his way.

610020[/snapback]

VA, Reed is about to be a UFA. Have you ever seen his name mentioned on any list as a prominent free agent? No, because he is not a very good football player.

If Evans was available, teams would want him because he has speed and gets to the endzone. Reed lacks speed and has a penchant for dropping footballs, especially at clutch moments. He isn't very good on special teams to boot.

He makes a great catch every now and then, but not enough to outweigh his many negatives.

VA, Reed is about to be a UFA. Have you ever seen his name mentioned on any list as a prominent free agent? No, because he is not a very good football player.

If Evans was available, teams would want him because he has speed and gets to the endzone. Reed lacks speed and has a penchant for dropping footballs, especially at clutch moments. He isn't very good on special teams to boot.

He makes a great catch every now and then, but not enough to outweigh his many negatives.

610026[/snapback]

He looks about like 22 on the best available WR's.

Reggie Wayne WR UFA 6-0 198 5 Colts 76 Expert's Take

David Givens WR UFA 6-0 215 4 Patriots 74 Expert's Take

Antwaan Randle El WR UFA 5-10 192 4 Steelers 73 Expert's Take

Brandon Lloyd WR RFA 6-0 184 3 49ers 72 Expert's Take

Antonio Bryant WR UFA 6-2 188 4 Browns 71 Expert's Take

Nate Burleson WR RFA 6-0 197 3 Vikings 70 Expert's Take

Kevin Curtis WR RFA 5-11 186 3 Rams 70 Expert's Take

Joe Jurevicius WR UFA 6-5 230 8 Seahawks 70 Expert's Take

Corey Bradford WR UFA 6-1 201 8 Texans 69 Expert's Take

Reche Caldwell WR UFA 6-0 215 4 Chargers 68 Expert's Take

Andre' Davis WR UFA 6-1 195 4 Patriots 68 Expert's Take

Jabar Gaffney WR UFA 6-1 205 4 Texans 68 Expert's Take