Darren Daulton

stevestojan

I know Daulton has had some issues in the recent past, but this is unbelieveable

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews...ts/13892602.htm

"Daulton is convinced that the day of reckoning is coming soon. Specifically, on Dec. 21, 2012, at 11:11 a.m. Greenwich Mean Time, the chosen will simply vanish from this plane of existence."

"That will be the end of this dispensation," he said. "I really don't know how to explain it. I don't know what words to use so people won't think I'm goofy. But by Dec. 21, 2012 (the last day recorded on the Mayan calendar), people will have a pretty good idea.

Friggin' Mayans and their defective calendar. It's always the friggin' Mayans...

It's all about consciousness and love. We have the ability to create whatever we want. We're all made of energy."

And, he says, the speed at which that energy vibrates creates different dimensions.

Oooooh, that's so close to almost being a fluffy description of particle physics for idiots. Almost. "Close" didn't count when he was swinging a bat, either.

Too bad he's an ex-Philly. Phillies fans are too cynical and not nearly delusional enough to buy this load of tripe. If he were an ex-Met, on the other hand...

I know Daulton has had some issues in the recent past, but this is unbelieveable

"Daulton is convinced that the day of reckoning is coming soon. Specifically, on Dec. 21, 2012, at 11:11 a.m. Greenwich Mean Time, the chosen will simply vanish from this plane of existence."

608334[/snapback]

He's guessing fastball.

WTF is right.

maybe his brain turned to mush after being married to playmates and having to try and have a conversation with his wife

608442[/snapback]

I had a video that commemorated Mike Schmidt's 500th HR. There were lots of behind-the-scenes stuff during spring training '87. (I swear that if reality TV was big back then, Glenn Wilson would have had his own show.) I remember a conversation between Schmidt and Daulton that led you to believe that he wasn't the brightest bulb. Later he seemed to be a bit more polished for interviews, but that thought always lingered.

I supposed it could be worse. The guy lives in the Tampa area. He could have been scooped up by the Scientologists.

I supposed it could be worse.  The guy lives in the Tampa area.  He could have been scooped up by the Scientologists.

608457[/snapback]

I've met him before. Saying he's not to bright is an understatement.

Here's his first wife, former Hooters girl Lynn Austin. NSFW

http://www.playboy.com/playmates/dearplaymates/13/index.html

608334[/snapback]

:lol::D:lol::lol::lol:

I've met him before. Saying he's not to bright is an understatement.

Here's his first wife, former Hooters girl Lynn Austin. NSFW

http://www.playboy.com/playmates/dearplaymates/13/index.html

608470[/snapback]

That explains everything.

In the "Dear Playmates" article a reader asks the girls, "What would you do if your lover suggested a ménage à trois, a threesome?"

Lynn Austin answers, "I'd say no and then I'd reconsider our relationship. I'm pretty straight when it comes to sex..."

This is DD's ploy to get her to try something kinky. You know the old "the world may end tomorrow" trick. Problem is DD is none too bright and he set the date too far into the future. By the time she comes around, her and her playmate friend are going to be wrinkled and sagging.

That explains everything. 

In the "Dear Playmates" article a reader asks the girls, "What would you do if your lover suggested a ménage à trois, a threesome?"

Lynn Austin answers, "I'd say no and then I'd reconsider our relationship. I'm pretty straight when it comes to sex..."

This is DD's ploy to get her to try something kinky.  You know the old "the world may end tomorrow" trick.  Problem is DD is none too bright and he set the date too far into the future.  By the time she comes around, her and her playmate friend are going to be wrinkled and sagging.

608537[/snapback]

After their Honeymoon night together Dalton came out of the Bedroom into the hotel lobby in tears. He was overheard saying:

"It wasn't me in there, I didn't even hit that."

Friggin Mayans

I have to wait for 2012?

sh--.

608664[/snapback]

Not really, Pestilence, Famine, and Death start a little sooner. Good time to buy that favorite brandy, a new barcalounger, and the Time Warner Gold Package, and enjoy the show. Oh, and credit cards, minimum payments should do you.

Not really, Pestilence, Famine, and Death start a little sooner. Good time to buy that favorite brandy, a new barcalounger, and the Time Warner Gold Package, and enjoy the show. Oh, and credit cards, minimum payments should do you.

608683[/snapback]

Actually, the end started in 2000, when Donahoe was signed.

Well, that's what I read on the football side, at least...

Actually, the end started in 2000, when Donahoe was signed.

Well, that's what I read on the football side, at least...

608700[/snapback]

I was of the assumption that the end also started in 2000, but during the 1st week of november, not january.