"Seeing Yellow?"

Cugalabanza

At least two times, this year and last, Drew has described "seeing yellow" after a big hit.

I'm no pro athlete, but I've been hit in the head by all manner of people and things and I've never seen yellow. I've seen stars, I've seen the dark edges close in as consciousness fades, I've seen blood, I've seen those weird kaleidoscope shapes from getting poked in the eye and I've seen a bright light at the end of a long tunnel, but never yellow.

Anybody else ever experience this? Is there a neurologist in the house?

At least two times, this year and last, Drew has described "seeing yellow" after a big hit.

I'm no pro athlete, but I've been hit in the head by all manner of people and things and I've never seen yellow.  I've seen stars, I've seen the dark edges close in as consciousness fades, I've seen blood, I've seen those weird kaleidoscope shapes from getting poked in the eye and I've seen a bright light at the end of a long tunnel, but never yellow.

Anybody else ever experience this?  Is there a neurologist in the house?

44457[/snapback]

I believe I recall RJ saying the same thing at least once.

I agree with PIZ, I think it is a sign of a concussion. That's why I love these guys who B word and moan over Drew shorting some of his passes afterward. I doubt anyone would not be rattled after taking a hit like that! Most if not all of these guys would be soiling their shorts if they took a hit like that, that is IF they could actually have gotten up and gone back in afterward!

Yeah, I've seen it a couple times. But I wouldn't call it seeing yellow as to me that implies increased brightness.

It's more like everything kind of has/becomes like a sickly monochrome hue. Light and objects sort of take on this silvery/grey/tan ghostly old photo type of property.

Let's call it the dull shine of antiquity.

It's pretty galdanged nauseating.

Cya

P.S. Next time you get rung up gringo, stay away from the light!-)

Anyone know how many official concussions Bledsoe has had in his career? I tried a couple internet searches without any success.

44880[/snapback]

I've said it before, and Ill say it again. The reason he went from top notch QB to crap is due to Patty Lala syndrome; aka: one too many shots to the head.

I'm no pro athlete, but I've been hit in the head by all manner of people and things and I've never seen yellow.  I've seen stars, I've seen the dark edges close in as consciousness fades, I've seen blood, I've seen those weird kaleidoscope shapes from getting poked in the eye and I've seen a bright light at the end of a long tunnel, but never yellow.

44457[/snapback]

I happened to me several times in college. Well not yellow exactly. I would see everything like it was a picture negative for a few seconds. I guess everyone's vision is affected differently when hit in the head hard,

I got knocked out once and saw yellow. From what I heard afterward my eyes were open. So I wouldn't doubt that my eyes were still receiving light data from my eyes but my brain wasn't processing it corectly. But I'm not a neurologist. Maybe it has to do with what part of your brain crashes into the inside of your skull.

I happened to me several times in college. Well not yellow exactly. I would see everything like it was a picture negative for a few seconds.

44883[/snapback]

Yeah me too! Especially the night of graduation after we made our "special" brownies, and . . . oh, wrong board.

actually, I used to play QB and experienced that effect. Often, after getting hit after releasing the ball my head would "whip" back and the back of my helmet would slam into the turf. On a few occasions I would see "yellow." You feel as though you are about to pass-out, like a sleepy feeling for a few seconds.

44457[/snapback]

"They call me Mellow Yellow (quite rightly)."

(old Donovan tune)