Thailog80

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bills | Team likely to let Teague walk

Sun, 19 Feb 2006 06:29:08 -0800

Ken Palmer, of the New York Post, reports the Buffalo Bills are likely to allow OL Trey Teague to leave as an unrestricted free agent.

Bills | Team likely to let Reed walk

Sun, 19 Feb 2006 06:27:34 -0800

Ken Palmer, of the New York Post, reports the Buffalo Bills are likely to allow WR Josh Reed to leave as an unrestricted free agent.

Bills | Team will franchise Clements

Sun, 19 Feb 2006 06:26:24 -0800

Ken Palmer, of the New York Post, reports the Buffalo Bills will indeed slap CB Nate Clements with the franchise tag. Buffalo has no plans to let Clements test the open market.

Bills news

Teague yeah but I thought Reed played decent enough to try and retain....maybe we did and he balked but oh well.

606682[/snapback]

I didn't /don't mind Teague as much as some around here seem to, he would have been a nice insurance policy in th event that we don't get a top shelf interior lineman in FA, or that Preston doesn't develop this season.. as far as Reed goes.. Meh, who cares? It's only Josh Reed. Was probably going to be our #4 at best, anyways.

Bills | Ken Palmer of NY Post

Sun, 19 Feb 2006 06:26:24 -0800

Ken Palmer, of the New York Post, likely does not have good connections with officials of the Buffal Bills and is only guessing at personnel moves the team might make. By prefacing scenarios with the term "likely" he can't be considered wrong if it doesn't happen.

Yeah, Teague was not good, but, at the right price, was a decent backup. No big deal though.

But reed? the guy seemed to finally start coming into his own. Perhaps he wants a solid #2 gig somewhere. I'd still like to see him back...but not the end of the world.

I think letting go of reed probably means moulds stays however. Young QB, loses 2 of his top 3 WRs, has a new TE (Everett), and (presumably) a revamped oline. He needs SOME consistency.

I didn't /don't mind Teague as much as some around here seem to

606687[/snapback]

That's right. Teague was a whipping boy much as Glen Parker was in the 90's. He is better than than most would believe. As good as any OL guy we got. And losing him just creates another hole on a team that has a lot of them. Gandy is average at best, Chris V can't stay on the field, MW sucks along with Bennie A, and Preston & Peters are in-experienced. Keep him!

That's right.  Teague was a whipping boy much as Glen Parker was in the 90's.  He is better than than most would believe.  As good as any OL guy we got.  And losing him just creates another hole on a team that has a lot of them.  Gandy is average at best, Chris V can't stay on the field, MW sucks along with Bennie A, and Preston & Peters are in-experienced.  Keep him!

Teague is an average center. By keeping him, you're basically resigning yourself to having average play at that position. And outside of LT IMHO, center is the next most important position on the O-line. The minimum I want from the Bills is a good-great OC in FA. But Teague was overpaid for his performance and will likely find offers for significantly less than what he was making with the Bills.

Teague is an average center.  By keeping him, you're basically resigning yourself to having average play at that position.  And outside of LT IMHO, center is the next most important position on the O-line.  The minimum I want from the Bills is a good-great OC in FA.  But Teague was overpaid for his performance and will likely find offers for significantly less than what he was making with the Bills.

606706[/snapback]

Agreed, but the other guys are not even average. Replace then first. Well not Preston or Peters, keep them

Geez, some movie is on TBS now with Alicia Silverstone. What a body!!!!!!!!!!!!! :devil::devil::devil:

Agreed, but the other guys are not even average.  Replace then first.  Well not Preston or Peters, keep them

I agree with replacing the other guys...except for Gandy. I think he's a natural guard and will improve the LG position immensely. Williams, Villy, Anderson, and Jerman can be released without hurting the team at all, IMHO (Villy is a liability in pass protection now and Preston could replace him). Again that leaves center to be upgraded, and that should be the Bills' top priority in FA. Forget finding one in the draft, because it's been a crapshoot at best at that position.

I bet Reed will be reunited with Nick Saban, hope he doesn't come back to haunt us....

still I'm not upset to see either of them leave.

606712[/snapback]

Ditto. I think Josh is going to shine with some team, but i don't think it will be with us.

I'd wish him well...unless he ends up in the division.

I didn't /don't mind Teague as much as some around here seem to, he would have been a nice insurance policy in th event that we don't get a top shelf interior lineman in FA, or that Preston doesn't develop this season.. as far as Reed goes.. Meh, who cares? It's only Josh Reed. Was probably going to be our #4 at best, anyways.

606687[/snapback]

teague was average at best... Over dozens and dozens of games, I had seen enough of him getting bullrushed (Which everyone here seems to agree). In addition, which nobody has mentioned, he was terrible blocking in the open field. He whiffed on so many blocking assignments while pulling, or screening for Willis. Preston will be just fine in my opinion for 20% of the cost.

We need to sign a strong athletic guard who can pull. We have no pulling ability with our current line. Anderson, and Villarial were too slow, hence why we used teague, but be was below average while pulling.